Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum One Throttle

If you think back to the conception of Fulcrum it was around late 2018 at the RAF Cosford Flight Sim Show. Chris was demonstrating a 3D printed yoke. It was in its infancy but I for one was completely sold on it.

He is an electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer and a flight sim enthusiast. He has all the skills to design and build the perfect yoke / throttle quadrant for us flight simmers.

And then the pandemic hit at the worst possible time for him. Everything shut down including production of the components necessary for his yoke.

But as things opened up he was able to start production and many of us are now enjoying our yokes.

If he can survive that sort of disruption I’m sure he can cope now. We have to show faith and patience. It’s a small company but with important skills. Looking at the alternative throttle quadrants none appeal as much as the Fulcrum one.

I’m happy to be patient and wish him every success.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Why it’s so difficult to talk to us? 
Is there any one get the reply yet?

I don’t understand.

• Upvote 1

In all my dealings with Chris I have always fond him polite, respectful and efficient.

He is even willing to put an extended shaft on my existing yoke at a small cost....

I think poor old Chris is a victim of his own success being a lone operator so we should be a little understanding.

Dave

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

In all my dealings with Chris I have always fond him polite, respectful and efficient.

He is even willing to put an extended shaft on my existing yoke at a small cost....

I think poor old Chris is a victim of his own success being a lone operator so we should be a little understanding.

Dave

I'm the same. Just looking for an update amidst all this uncertainty.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

@tutmeister we are on your side Chris, a quick one liner would clearly help to reassure those who may be feeling a bit wobbly though... Best wishes

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

This whole experience has been garbage and would venture to say bordering on criminal. His website still says about 4 weeks from ordering to shipment. I've been waiting almost 8 months. Practically zero communication on fulcrums end. I called Visa. I'm getting my $595.60, with a charge back. Over it! 

Edited by billium01
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billium01 said:

This whole experience has been garbage and would venture to say bordering on criminal. His website still says about 4 weeks from ordering to shipment. I've been waiting almost 8 months. Practically zero communication on fulcrums end. I called Visa. I'm getting my $595.60, with a charge back. Over it! 

Hear, hear.

All of you people who paid by credit card….you are the lucky ones. You can call Visa or Mastercard, and get your money back.  Those of us , like me, who made a direct bank money transfer…we are screwed. Nothing we can do but wait , and hope that someday, somehow the money will be refunded. 

I put a link here to report a person or company. But i decided to remove it and give Chris an opportunity to finally come with some explanations. 

Edited by Patpoe

On 2/11/2023 at 7:01 PM, orchestra_nl said:

Great news indeed.  With a bit of luck my Honeycomb bravo will develop some issues in the summer so I have a good reason to order a new sibling for my Fulcrum yoke. 2 Siblings actually since I am spoiled with using a trim wheel and I'd hate to lose that functionality.

I can kick myself for what I wrote back then. Now, my Honeycomb Bravo is developing issues. Unfortunately now is not a good time. Perhaps I should have written next summer!
Another lesson to be careful what you wish for I guess🤐

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

This situation with Fulcrum is really poor. As others have said, Ignoring the customers who have had the faith to pre order is the worst thing about this. Delays I can accept but blatantly ignoring emails and this official forum is totally un-professional. I’ve been promoting Fulcrum and what was excellent customer service when other folks have been complaining about how poor Honeycomb have been in that regard and now Fulcrum have gone the same way. Really disappointed. I understand difficulties in peoples personal lives and with business but there really needs to be basic communication to let us know the situation. Not communicating is just not the answer.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My dealings with Chris were great when I returned my Yoke, my impression of him then was that he was honest, enthusiastic and very efficient, I'm afraid something bad has happened to him, I really hope he's ok.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |