Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

FENIX cockpit and support "dead"

I am suffering with this since the beginning and even after the patch. I start a flight with the Fenix bus and the cockpit is "dark" the lights are on but everything else dark, despite the Fenix Logo on the EFB.

Even pressing reset within the Fenix app is not changing anything, more worse, the reset button is not always clickable, even when loging out and in again.

I raised it a week ago with support and no feedback until now. 

For me this is really a word not allowed piece of software and a even crappier support from Fenix.

Where the PMDG 737 is running great, the Fenix Airbus fails...

Does anyone of you have simliar issues ?

Carsten 

Edited by RTK1972
spelling
  • Like 1

Carsten U

Have you tried reinstalling the addon? For me everything runs smooth as it should be.

Edited by 737_800

Only time i have had that is when the app has not started on initial start. I just restart and all is fine.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

i tried a reinstall and the app is running before i launch MSFS2020 so that is not helping....

Carsten U

It sounds like the Fenix app is not running properly for you.   I take it you have tried a full re-installation?

Also, did you have an anti-virus program running when installing?  Because it may be blocking access / permissions to the Fenix App.

As a first step, I would definitely try a full re-instalation with any AV full deactivated and then, after installation, perhaps set an exception for MSFS and the Fenix app in Windows Defender, in case it is causing the problems.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

21 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

I am suffering with this since the beginning and even after the patch. I start a flight with the Fenix bus and the cockpit is "dark" the lights are on but everything else dark, despite the Fenix Logo on the EFB.

Even pressing reset within the Fenix app is not changing anything, more worse, the reset button is not always clickable, even when loging out and in again.

I raised it a week ago with support and no feedback until now. 

For me this is really a word not allowed piece of software and a even crappier support from Fenix.

Where the PMDG 737 is running great, the Fenix Airbus fails...

Carsten 

Sounds like you are not running the FENIX app in the background.
This aircraft is far from being c.r.a.p. Probably the best liner in the whole home simulation's history.

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Some stuff you could try:

- start the Fenix app in administrator mode

- change the render displays setting to something else. I get similar symptoms as you when I try to use my integrated gpu 

Edited by Kopteeni

My apologies for support not being able to respond to your ticket - there is an unexpected volume of customers and therefore an unexpected volume of tickets, something we are going through and catching up with since launch week.

For your specific issue - there are a few things rolled into the next patch that should improve it, but in the event you are able, I'd recommend you reach out to me via DMs with your ticket number and I'll be happy to send you over a pre-release of this new test version to see if it helps with your issue. If it doesn't, then at least we are in direct contact and I can personally assign a dev to investigate what the issue is on your PC.

Finally, as mentioned above by most, a few troubleshooting items to try here would be to run Fenix.exe once you've loaded into your sim. It doesn't sound like it's running, from your description - and this can happen. Unfortunately auto-launch not working is something Asobo introduced recently in the SU9 patch, breaking certain exe.xml functions on certain PCs. We are awaiting a resolution here from them, but the workaround is to simply double click Fenix.exe.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

Nope. Sorry to say. So besides what Aamir and other mentioned as possible solution I would immediately reach out to Aamir and take his offer to get a pre-release test version. Except that - as I mentioned - do not have issues with the Fenix. Ahem, well. Did I really mentioned that? Now that I remember, there are so many, that I would also love to get that pre-release version, Aamir 😉

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 hours ago, Aamir said:

My apologies for support not being able to respond to your ticket - there is an unexpected volume of customers and therefore an unexpected volume of tickets, something we are going through and catching up with since launch week.

For your specific issue - there are a few things rolled into the next patch that should improve it, but in the event you are able, I'd recommend you reach out to me via DMs with your ticket number and I'll be happy to send you over a pre-release of this new test version to see if it helps with your issue. If it doesn't, then at least we are in direct contact and I can personally assign a dev to investigate what the issue is on your PC.

Finally, as mentioned above by most, a few troubleshooting items to try here would be to run Fenix.exe once you've loaded into your sim. It doesn't sound like it's running, from your description - and this can happen. Unfortunately auto-launch not working is something Asobo introduced recently in the SU9 patch, breaking certain exe.xml functions on certain PCs. We are awaiting a resolution here from them, but the workaround is to simply double click Fenix.exe.

Thanks Aamir, sent you a PM

• Like 1

Carsten U

update:

After not hearing back fro Aamir on my PM at Avsim i sent him a messega within their discord. he answered within a minute but sincen then it is only about that they are low on people ..

So still no solution for me.

TBH this is, at least for me, unacceptable. I know many of you are more patient (maybe beacuse you can fly the Bus) but for me it is a real showstopper. PMDG support is by far better in my experience.

Make a long story short: First and lost product i bought from Fenix.

Sorry guys. Carsten

Carsten U

3 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

update:

After not hearing back fro Aamir on my PM at Avsim i sent him a messega within their discord. he answered within a minute but sincen then it is only about that they are low on people ..

So still no solution for me.

TBH this is, at least for me, unacceptable. I know many of you are more patient (maybe beacuse you can fly the Bus) but for me it is a real showstopper. PMDG support is by far better in my experience.

Make a long story short: First and lost product i bought from Fenix.

Sorry guys. Carsten

Just give Aamir a bit more time. Fenix has been slammed with support tickets since release. I'm sure it'll get resolved. 

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Hey there. We got in touch today via Discord at 11am my time, it's currently 6:30pm the same day. I requested some patience as some are off work today, but please understand per my message above, I promised to send over a pre-release - this means I need to first clear this patch for release, which is what we have been working over the weekend doing. I cannot send you (or any other customer) a development build with several items either half-done and therefore completely broken and unusable in every (other) way. 

Aamir Thacker

3 minutes ago, mrcultureshock said:

Fenix has been slammed with support tickets since release.

Which could be avoided by a proper support forum as I'm sure that many question will come up over and over ...

But that is offtopic, I know

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, Aamir said:

Hey there. We got in touch today via Discord at 11am my time, it's currently 6:30pm the same day. I requested some patience as some are off work today, but please understand per my message above, I promised to send over a pre-release - this means I need to first clear this patch for release, which is what we have been working over the weekend doing. I cannot send you (or any other customer) a development build with several items either half-done and therefore completely broken and unusable in every (other) way. 

That is absolutly fine but i missed this information Aamir.... So i step back and relax....

Carsten U