Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best controller setup for the Fenix A320?

I currently have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant and a logitech extreme 3d pro flight stick. I was wondering if it would be better just to purchase the Thrustmaster TCA set since it mimics the real life airbus flight stick and throttles. Or could I simply get by using my logitech extreme 3d pro flight stick and the honeycomb bravo? What do you think would give me a better overall experience?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The TCA Airbus throttle is not that expensive and great for airbus - has throttle detent locking and a lock pin for both throttles to keep them aligned - as for the stick it was great but not my thing I need a yoke

Oh and you can hear the clicks on the throttles thats very nice

I just picked up the Thrustmaster Boeing yoke wow its awesome - push pull yokes  is old news - also got Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant with airbus handles but doesnt have locking throttle detents but not a huge deal due to all of its other benefits 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 3

Rich Sennett

I like the Thrustmaster T 16000M Joystick with hall ICs, never go out of adjustment or get noisy. For  throttle, I use the Logitech Quad Throttle. I just don't like I used them years ago and found them to be a PIA. Notchy, and take up too much room. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I like the Thrustmaster T 16000M Joystick with hall ICs, never go out of adjustment or get noisy. For  throttle, I use the Logitech Quad Throttle. I just don't like I used them years ago and found them to be a PIA. Notchy, and take up too much room. 

Pardon me barging in, but I thought a throttle was included with a Thrustmaster T 16000M. Am I mistaken?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

37 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I currently have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant and a logitech extreme 3d pro flight stick. I was wondering if it would be better just to purchase the Thrustmaster TCA set since it mimics the real life airbus flight stick and throttles. Or could I simply get by using my logitech extreme 3d pro flight stick and the honeycomb bravo? What do you think would give me a better overall experience?

I have the stick, I also have the HC alpha and bravo, so what I done was, I got the Airbus pack for the Bravo and its perfect. Once they get the buttons to work with the Fenix on the Bravo, I feel it would be much better than the TCA quadrant. And yes I know its not the whole 320 throttle design but its good enough. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hvw said:

Pardon me barging in, but I thought a throttle was included with a Thrustmaster T 16000M. Am I mistaken?

Yeah and the throttle is a POS. Small throw, impossible to set accurately. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah and the throttle is a POS. Small throw, impossible to set accurately. 

Thanks a lot, Bob, you saved me from buying this one. I was looking for a "budget" joystick with throttle so I may now go as well for the TM TCA.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

3 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks a lot, Bob, you saved me from buying this one. I was looking for a "budget" joystick with throttle so I may now go as well for the TM TCA.

Yes, with some aircraft you need a throttle with a long throw for accuracy. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, captain420 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-TCA-Officer-Pack-Airbus-pc/dp/B0873QXDQS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=D368BDH10KB4&keywords=Airbus+stick+and+throttle+msfs&qid=1653658297&s=videogames&sprefix=airbus+stick+and+throttle+msfs%2Cvideogames%2C104&sr=1-6

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, Richard Sennett said:

I just picked up the Thrustmaster Boeing yoke wow its awesome - push pull yokes  is old news -

Yes, I'm sure we'll now see everyone retrofitting all aircraft with push pull yokes into that...  🙄

On 5/27/2022 at 10:08 AM, hvw said:

Yes, and no... There is the set, and there is the standalone stick.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:33 PM, captain420 said:

I tried it in the shop. In my humble opinion, it feels as cheap as it is. Flying with manual thrust would make me go insane.

I much prefer my TWCS Thrustmaster lever, and get along with a button for reverse. This device also has two wings which can be used for rudder in case your space does not allow rudder pedals, or they are too expensive. The little wheel on the side can be used for brakes then.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Is there a way to get the buttons hdg, alt etc working on the honeycomb bravo with the Fenix …has anybody been able to do that….if so …..how?? I’ve got the throttle, and flaps and spoilers to work but I want to be able to map the buttons etc….advice please? Thanks 

Regards

Paul EGCC

i use the TCA throttle with TM warthog for the sidestick works perfect for me , i only really fly the fenix. I have loads of lights and switches assigned via FSUIPC , great after landing ,idont really have to take my eyes off the runway/exit 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

so using FSUIPC will sort the job out of assigning the switches and buttons on the the bravo will it?

Regards

Paul EGCC