Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

How do you get the Sting S4 to load cold and dark from a saved flight? If I shut everything down and save, and reload my save the next day, the gauges and engine are on and running. It's immersion breaking to enter an already running aircraft. 

Edited by NightOfDreams

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Are you saving as a .pln ?   If so try a .flt save instead.

I always save as .flt.  I emailed the company.  Maybe there's some workaround by editing the .flt file (like I have to do with the MSFS weather which is still broken almost 2 years into release).

Edited by NightOfDreams

Well, after some thinking on this.. I bought it. I thought it was too similiar to the SWS RV14... and I hate the G3X... but I have to say really well done. I enjoyed my first flight immensely, and I love the fact that there is stuff going on under the hood that can break. I have a few questions/issues from that first flight.

1. It got dark while I was flying, and I could not find a cockpit light switch, is there one or is this day VFR only?

2. When I switched freqs on the G3X, my PFD text and displays shrunk. The passenger side stayed the proper size (Large) which was odd. I really liked that fact that the text was not mini on this depiction of the G3X... when it shrunk it was impossible to read. I have a screenshot, but no clue how to post one on this archaic forum! 

aaand then my sim CTD before I could land. But overall really like this bird. Well done. 

Oh, one more thing. I noticed you never need rudder when flying this airplane... no coordination required. Is that realistic?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I enjoyed my first flight immensely, and I love the fact that there is stuff going on under the hood that can break. I have a few questions/issues from that first flight.

1. It got dark while I was flying, and I could not find a cockpit light switch, is there one or is this day VFR only?

The real thing is day VFR only.

You will need to turn on the in-game head mounted torch if you (illegally) decide to take her out at night 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bought this plane today, haven’t flown it. Been out of FS for a couple years, and have been spending hours getting all the controllers configured, getting my head back in the game, updating the sim, etc. Plus trying to conquer the Black Square Bonanza. I need a break from old-school…

Just reacting to those who found the airplane handling “squirrelly”: I learned to fly in a very similar airplane (Gobosh 700) in Denver. Want to learn what airsickness feels like? Fly an LSA on a hot windy day on the Front Range. These little planes certainly do handle differently than those older, heavier designs like the 150/172, as some IRL pilots have learned to their doom… but they are fun!

Heard good things about this airplane, looking forward to flying it. 

It flies well. I occasionally fly a real one and the only difference I have noticed is the FSReborn one is a bit harder to wipe off excess speed compared to real life - but that may well be due to the CSU on the sim model as the one I fly has a fixed prop.

On 8/31/2023 at 3:29 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It flies well. I occasionally fly a real one and the only difference I have noticed is the FSReborn one is a bit harder to wipe off excess speed compared to real life - but that may well be due to the CSU on the sim model as the one I fly has a fixed prop.

I started with the manual prop but quickly changed to the auto. I’m a sport pilot IRL (many years rusty) so wouldn’t be dealing with a prop lever anyway! 
REALLY enjoying this airplane. Love the bounciness and shaking, it’s very realistic imho. Engine sounds, not so much. Had the same engine in the Gobosh and I don’t remember it sounding so rough. But not a biggie, just keep things green. Also first time I’ve used the GTN, wow so much easier than the 530 I’ve been concentrating on.