Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

I've found the solution to the erratic turbulance effect of SU9 in the Sting, @simbol

The CFD appears to "turn off" at 20:00 hours 😄

I flew from Sedona to Love Field, Arizona.   Loaded the sim at 19:00, took off, the Sting was being chucked around like a feather.  Set time to 20:00 and BAM!  ....all gone (not the wind, just the turbulance/convection effect).  Beautifully smooth but with some nice CAT movements

spacer.png

(Just an excuse for the screenshot, really). 😎

Edited by JYW
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

15 minutes ago, JYW said:

I've found the solution to the erratic turbulance effect of SU9 in the Sting, @simbol

The CFD appears to "turn off" at 20:00 hours 😄

I flew from Sedona to Love Field, Arizona.   Loaded the sim at 19:00, took off, the Sting was being chucked around like a feather.  Set time to 20:00 and BAM!  ....all gone (not the wind, just the turbulance/convection effect).  Beautifully smooth but with some nice CAT movements

(Just an excuse for the screenshot, really). 😎

Early morning also works, or cold weather presets. I hope they fix this nonsense on SU10.

R.

• Like 3

I love the S4, thanks for making it simbol. 

Just a few things (apart from the very abrupt reactions to air flow, which I too find a little too much – but also understand dev's argument re SU9 flight dynamics) stand out for me in the meantime:

1. MSFS has a tendency to see the toe brakes move spontaneously when parking brake is applied (well, it does on my computer anyway), and that in turn creates squeaky sounds. The S4, lacking a parking brake, seems to make that noise regardless (which is a tiny bit distracting from the smell of an otherwise new and lubricated aircraft 😋).
  2. Wind noise is loud, in spite of dragging the Environmental slider down to a minimal level.
  3. The ratchet sound of the pitch lever ... realistic I'm sure, but a little annoying when on Auto mode.

These are little things, they do not detract much from an otherwise satisfying experience of short VFR hops. Hope to see FSReborn make more GA aircraft. 👍

• Upvote 1

I posted this on the Discord but maybe there is also a chance to get an answer here:

I use the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick + TCA for the Sting. (I know the Sting isn't exactly an Airbus but that's more close to the real thing than my Cessna Yoke/TPM combo.) Has anyone proper assignments and - more important - sensitivity settings to show a shot of? Mine work "sort of" but I am sure there is room for improvement.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

I love the S4, thanks for making it simbol. 

Just a few things (apart from the very abrupt reactions to air flow, which I too find a little too much – but also understand dev's argument re SU9 flight dynamics) stand out for me in the meantime:

1. MSFS has a tendency to see the toe brakes move spontaneously when parking brake is applied (well, it does on my computer anyway), and that in turn creates squeaky sounds. The S4, lacking a parking brake, seems to make that noise regardless (which is a tiny bit distracting from the smell of an otherwise new and lubricated aircraft 😋).
  2. Wind noise is loud, in spite of dragging the Environmental slider down to a minimal level.
  3. The ratchet sound of the pitch lever ... realistic I'm sure, but a little annoying when on Auto mode.

These are little things, they do not detract much from an otherwise satisfying experience of short VFR hops. Hope to see FSReborn make more GA aircraft. 👍

1.- Adjust your NULL zones, also be sure you updated to latest version via market place, there was a bug with parking brakes axis misfiring brakes and I fixed it.

2,- Yes, it is a bug, I left the gears drags too loud, it is now fixed on my side, I am adding other features before pushing another update which will solve this.

3.- will see if there is anything I can do to adjust it.

Thanks for the feedback.

R.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I posted this on the Discord but maybe there is also a chance to get an answer here:

I use the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick + TCA for the Sting. (I know the Sting isn't exactly an Airbus but that's more close to the real thing than my Cessna Yoke/TPM combo.) Has anyone proper assignments and - more important - sensitivity settings to show a shot of? Mine work "sort of" but I am sure there is room for improvement.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Not sure if I understand your question, can you clarify a bit? 

R.

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Michael,

Not sure if I understand your question, can you clarify a bit? 

R.

I refer to the in-game sensitivity settings for the Thrustmaster TCA module (the one with the levers).

https://www.thrustmaster.com/de-de/products/tca-captain-pack-airbus-edition/

The original (factory) settings were totally unusable, at least for a GA plane. Now, I set it linearly like this

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thrustmaster-tca-quadrant-still-not-completely-working/309593/284?page=15

However I think (and have the feeling) this is not optimum for the Sting (and probably not optimum for other GA-planes either). E.g. there is a long intial way where the rpm changes only minimally and then it goes up quite steeply. But I don't think wild resetting these curves without deep understanding does provide anything useful.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I refer to the in-game sensitivity settings for the Thrustmaster TCA module (the one with the levers).

https://www.thrustmaster.com/de-de/products/tca-captain-pack-airbus-edition/

The original (factory) settings were totally unusable, at least for a GA plane. Now, I set it linearly like this

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thrustmaster-tca-quadrant-still-not-completely-working/309593/284?page=15

However I think (and have the feeling) this is not optimum for the Sting (and probably not optimum for other GA-planes either). E.g. there is a long intial way where the rpm changes only minimally and then it goes up quite steeply. But I don't think wild resetting these curves without deep understanding does provide anything useful.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I don't think I can really help on this, each controller behaves different and it is imposible for me knowing the settings on any particular hardware I am afraid. 

R.

Edited by simbol

8 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

The ratchet sound of the pitch lever ... realistic I'm sure, but a little annoying when on Auto mode.

100% agree on this one.  This is actually the sole reason that, (if the product weren't encrypted by Marketplace) I would have wanted to access the sound files. To remove that awful sound.  In Auto prop mode in the real aircraft, that lever does not move (on it's own).  The prop governor is digital and the computer simply adjusts prop pitch to maintain RPM - without needing to move the manual level. 

@simbol ; in the Sound.xml file, that sound is triggered by WwiseEvent="lever_propeller".

Please set this sound's Wwise flag to false!  I don't think this one needs an options switch in the EFB.  That prop sound is default (used in the NX Cub and others), and I'm 99% sure the real Sting S4's have no sound when the prop lever is moved.    100% no sound when the prop pitch is moved by the governor computer, in auto mode.

Cheers.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

58 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Michael,

I don't think I can really help on this, each controller behaves different and it is imposible for me knowing the settings on any particular hardware I am afraid. 

R.

Thank you, no I didn't expect you to help on this. The TM TCA (and its calibration) is quite special, and while it's possible it's rarely used for GA. This was just a shoutout if someone found a good setting.

I may do some experimenting myself, there's not much to break.

I have a lot of fun with the Sting (all under VR). Aside the great view I'm positively suprprised it's not that hard to fly. I don't have much experience with ULs but was able to make all landings successful so far. No parachute required - yet🙂

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JYW said:

100% agree on this one.  This is actually the sole that, (if the product weren't encrypted on Marketplace) I would have wanted to access the sound files. To remove that awful sound.  In Auto prop mode in the real aircraft, that lever does not move (on it's own).  The prop governor is digital and the computer simply adjusts prop pitch to maintain RPM - without needing to move the manual level. 

@simbol ; in the Sound.xml file, that sound is triggered by WwiseEvent="lever_propeller".

Please set this sound to false!  I don't think this one needs an options switch in the EFB.  That prop sound is default (used in the NX Cub and others), and I 99% sure the real Sting S4's have no sound when the prop lever is moved.    100% no sound when the prop pitch is moved in auto mode.

Cheers.

I said I am working on it no need to yell lol.. Patience, some people actually like the sound, I need to find solutions for everyone. 

R.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I said I am working on it no need to yell lol.. Patience, some people actually like the sound, I need to find solutions for everyone. 

R.

@simbol There was no yelling.   The exclamation mark was just conveying excitement and passion, not anger or shouting 😉 Sorry if it came across that way. I'd hope you'd know by now how much I support what you're doing.   I raved about the plane on here as well as multiple YT streams and other forums.    It's all good.   I'd love to meet the people who love the prop ratchet sound in a plane that doesn't have ratchets on the prop lever housing. 😁   But each to their own.   I'm just passionate about making this the best UL is MSFS (which it already is, but everything can be even better).

Bill

On 6/3/2022 at 11:03 AM, simbol said:

They did 20 years ago, older models have steam gauges, but as usual with modern aviation, they have adapted and are using new available flight avionics to make aviation safer.

The 2020 model is exactly the one I modeled, now imagine you get suddenly hit by IMC conditions, and you are not IMC certified at least with the synthetic vision it would allow you find your way out (most cases you do a 180) to avoid an emergency.. 

R.

I still would like to have an option with steam gauges. Is there a chance we can get it ? I mean there exist real Stings with steam gauges now ?
I wonder what would it cost in real life to upgrade a steam cockpit to a glass cockpit ? Expensive I Think.
I understand that in real life a glass cockpit would offer higher security. But in the sim it is a nightmare to use the knobs with a mouse instead of just reaching the hand and turn them. Also a glass cockpit is harder on performance than a steam one. So steam gauges could be an advantage for not so powerful system.

Regarding being hit by IMC condition. Is not an ultralight like the Sting VFR only, where you are supposed to make sure you don't get into bad weather ?

7 minutes ago, jfri said:

I still would like to have an option with steam gauges. Is there a chance we can get it ? I mean there exist real Stings with steam gauges now ?
I wonder what would it cost in real life to upgrade a steam cockpit to a glass cockpit ? Expensive I Think.
I understand that in real life a glass cockpit would offer higher security. But in the sim it is a nightmare to use the knobs with a mouse instead of just reaching the hand and turn them. Also a glass cockpit is harder on performance than a steam one. So steam gauges could be an advantage for not so powerful system.

Regarding being hit by IMC condition. Is not an ultralight like the Sting VFR only, where you are supposed to make sure you don't get into bad weather ?

Making a steam gauge version is not in our roadmap.

R.

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

@simbol There was no yelling.   The exclamation mark was just conveying excitement and passion, not anger or shouting 😉 Sorry if it came across that way. I'd hope you'd know by now how much I support what you're doing.   I raved about the plane on here as well as multiple YT streams and other forums.    It's all good.   I'd love to meet the people who love the prop ratchet sound in a plane that doesn't have ratchets on the prop lever housing. 😁   But each to their own.   I'm just passionate about making this the best UL is MSFS (which it already is, but everything can be even better).

I know I was joking, I have a funny sense of humor. 😂

• Like 1