Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

Okey guys Sting S4 version 1,1 update is now available via market place, list of fixes:

* Fix: Corrected issue with Bronze Burgundy and Silver Sting liveries where the AO map for the open handle was too dark.

* Fix: Corrected a bug with tyres blown out where the left tyre was the only one being animated. Now both left + right are animated correctly for these events.

* Fix: AI traffic (S4 as a MP airplane) missing sounds under certain circumstances.

* Fix: Parking Brakes axis assignments were causing an issue with the chokes logic, this has now been corrected.

* New feature: Users now have the option to switch between tinted canopy and clear canopy via a new setting on the EFB.

The setting to change the Canopy to clear glass EFB is located here:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Quick and simple.. real time! no fiddling with mods, config files or anything, click and go!!

Enjoy,

Raul

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

Quick and simple.. real time! no fiddling with mods, config files or anything, click and go!!

Enjoy,

Raul

Great responsiveness and a great, well handling plane verified by individuals who have actually flown this plane.  Love the use of the Market place even though it deprives certain individuals of tweaking the brakes, slapping a turbo in it and putting their little donation buckets out.

Edited by FrankR409
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Floaty little thing that does not slow down well unless you slip, but I suspect the real thing (being light and slippery) is like that as well, the POH does suggest starting the first stage flaps on downwind after all.

The only thing on my wish list would be a steam gauge version 😄 

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The only thing on my wish list would be a steam gauge version 😄 

Initially, I wanted this, too, but on second thought I suspect these have never been built with steam gauges in the real world.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

Initially, I wanted this, too, but on second thought I suspect these have never been built with steam gauges in the real world.

Kind regards, Michael

They did 20 years ago, older models have steam gauges, but as usual with modern aviation, they have adapted and are using new available flight avionics to make aviation safer.

The 2020 model is exactly the one I modeled, now imagine you get suddenly hit by IMC conditions, and you are not IMC certified at least with the synthetic vision it would allow you find your way out (most cases you do a 180) to avoid an emergency.. 

R.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm afraid I've stopped flying it because I only fly Onair and the weight limitation doesn't make it manageable on Onair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Can I get a feedback on the clear Canopy implementation? 🙂 common you guys asked for it.

R.

It's perfect.  I love it!  

Funnily enough, I did not even notice that the tint was excessive, for me personally.  But now that the option is there, I do prefer the clear canopy.

@simbol - a little question for you - does your Sting model in any way add movement effects to the aircraft, in the air?   It flitters around, sometimes quite jerkily (perhaps lacking a little inertia - even for a light plane), and I noticed that if I remove all weather and wind from MSFS, the Sting still behaves this way.   I'm not criticizing it - it may have been done to simulate clear air turbulance or general aerodynamic instability - I'm just wondering if this is MSFS interpreting the numbers on your CFG files, or whether you added something custom, to depict this movement?

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 5/31/2022 at 6:16 PM, MattNischan said:

I know it's popular around these parts to bash the Marketplace, but keep one important thing in mind (and it is important): one of them feeds the continued development of the sim, and the other does not.

With all due respect,  One robs developers of a large portion  of their profits whilst purchasing direct does not. 

Microsoft aren't running out of money anytime soon.  I'm quite sure the sim will survive just fine.  There's a large proportion of MSFS'ers who refuse to use Marketplace and I don't hear anyone from MS whining about how poorly the sim doing.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, JYW said:

I don't like the Marketplace either, but not buying this stunning, groundbreaking GA plane purely because it's on the Marketplace means only you lose out my friend!   Make an exception, it's a beauty 😎

I loose nothing  fella.   There's already more top quality planes in my hangar than I'll ever have the hours to fully enjoy 😉    Only one person looses out of this decision and it isn't me!

Love the clear canopy option and the way its been implemented. Impressed with the speed it was updated on MP too. As someone who flies pretty much only GA, this has been my favourite release this year. Fantastic work and support!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JYW said:

- a little question for you - does your Sting model in any way add movement effects to the aircraft, in the air?   It flitters around, sometimes quite jerkily (perhaps lacking a little inertia - even for a light plane), and I noticed that if I remove all weather and wind from MSFS, the Sting still behaves this way.   

I noticed, too, it's quite shaky in the air, at least more shaky than I am used to from the other GA planes I fly (mostly light Cessnas). Given I am not a RW world pilot and don't pretend to be one I guess that's just the way the real plane behaves, so I will have to adapt to it. 

Overall, I love this plane, notably the great panoramic sight it provides under VR, despite being low-wing.

Sorry, I didn't find time to try the clear canopy yet.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

31 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Impressed with the speed it was updated on MP too

Yeah that one had me spitting my coffee on my keyboard and monitor when I saw it updated in the MP in days rather than the usual weeks of waiting.....maybe the nature of their longer-than-rational update times are finally being addressed by MSFS/Asobo?  

Would be a most-welcomed change if so. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Can I get a feedback on the clear Canopy implementation? 🙂 common you guys asked for it.

R.

It's clear that we're too busy flying her in clear weather to respond back that we clearly enjoy this mod.

To clarify, I think my feelings on this mod are crystal clear.   I've cleared my calendar for some casual flights over Clearwater, Fl, where I live...and I can clearly see my condo in breathtaking clarity in the sim now.

Let me completely clear here so there is no doubt.  I clearly like this new clear canopy mod. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, JYW said:

It's perfect.  I love it!  

Funnily enough, I did not even notice that the tint was excessive, for me personally.  But now that the option is there, I do prefer the clear canopy.

@simbol - a little question for you - does your Sting model in any way add movement effects to the aircraft, in the air?   It flitters around, sometimes quite jerkily (perhaps lacking a little inertia - even for a light plane), and I noticed that if I remove all weather and wind from MSFS, the Sting still behaves this way.   I'm not criticizing it - it may have been done to simulate clear air turbulance or general aerodynamic instability - I'm just wondering if this is MSFS interpreting the numbers on your CFG files, or whether you added something custom, to depict this movement?

This is MSFS SU9 convection thermal depiction. The S4 is more affected by it because it is being an ultralight and being CFD enabled. If you fly over water or early morning / dusk when the ground is supposed not to be hot and the thermals are easier, you will find more smooth atmospheric conditions.

The cesnna CFD enabled behaves simular, other light aircraft even without CFD enabled also have this behavior.

In my view, Asobo over did the convection despiction. There is a big discussion about this on Msfs forums, Sebastian said they are doing something about it for SU10, although I warned them during SU9 beta but they never listened..

R.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Love the clear canopy option and the way its been implemented. Impressed with the speed it was updated on MP too. As someone who flies pretty much only GA, this has been my favourite release this year. Fantastic work and support!

Thank you so much for such kind words, please leave a rate review via market place, it will help me to boost the product and brand further.

R.

• Upvote 1