Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

4 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

Based on what I read, I think I really like this airplane. The only thing bothering me is the excessive weather-vane effect in crosswind conditions: in some aircraft in MSFS it's impossible to keep the centerline when at maximum demonstrated crosswind component. Has this aircraft this bug too or somehow it has been corrected?

I will leave current customers to address your concerns. All I can tell is, real world pilots of S4 beta tested this.

R.

• Like 1

Signature3.png

Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3

54 minutes ago, robert young said:

Hi Paul,

Are you going to offer this on a website other than the MS marketplace? I hope so as all the Marketplace aircraft are encrypted by Microsoft. This means that if a user privately wishes to tweak something in the flight model, a/p, or other parameters it is not possible. Congrats on the release. It looks really good.

Market place only, I explained the reasons on several threads. Overall it helps to keep developing costs much lower.

R.

• Like 3

Signature3.png

45 minutes ago, simbol said:

I will leave current customers to address your concerns. All I can tell is, real world pilots of S4 beta tested this.

R.

Ok, I'll wait some opinions on this from those who already bought it. 

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

Ok, I'll wait some opinions on this from those who already bought it. 

How about some opinions from those who have flown it and are real live pilot WITH owning a Sting S4? Because that is exactly the way we have done this as BETA Testers with the Sting S4. This thing is as real as you can get it, approved by real life sting S4 pilots.

As soon as we are going to leave these path, this is getting a taste which everyones is a different taste.

When you fly the plane in real life, you can not argue about the "feeling"...its just the plane... 😉 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

How about some opinions from those who have flown it and are real live pilot WITH owning a Sting S4? Because that is exactly the way we have done this as BETA Testers with the Sting S4. This thing is as real as you can get it, approved by real life sting S4 pilots.

As soon as we are going to leave these path, this is getting a taste which everyones is a different taste.

When you fly the plane in real life, you can not argue about the "feeling"...its just the plane... 😉 

Marcus

Well said Marcus.  Although I have never flown a Sting, as a ULA pilot here in the UK, I have 700 hours on similar frames/designs, with the same engine, control surface actuations etc, and this Sting feels more realistic than any other ULA/LSA I have flown in MSFS.  There is only one other LSA that perhaps surpassed it, and that is the Vflyteair C42 in XP11, but that is an entirely different (high wing) LSA.   So we'll say, this is the most realistic low wing LSA! 😎

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I am going to buy this plane as soon as a I get home.  

But which 750 to get? never heard of PMS50 or TDS 750.  Any clarification on this will help me out.

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

53 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

But which 750 to get? never heard of PMS50 or TDS 750.  Any clarification on this will help me out.

Thanks

TDS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Thanks

You can use any of these, for TDS you need to come to my discord server to pick a mod.

S.

• Like 1

Signature3.png

16 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Given that almost every aircraft I have tried in MSFS (even some payware) have the crosswind bug, where it's basically impossible to keep the centerline during takeoff or during the roll-out after landing, I think it's a legitimate question to ask before spending my money. If you don't want to answer, no problem. If there's a kind customer showing me that it's actually possible to takeoff or land with maximum declared crosswind component, I'm happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

Given that almost every aircraft I have tried in MSFS (even some payware) have the crosswind bug, where it's basically impossible to keep the centerline during takeoff or during the roll-out after landing, I think it's a legitimate question to ask before spending my money. If you don't want to answer, no problem. If there's a kind customer showing me that it's actually possible to takeoff or land with maximum declared crosswind component, I'm happy. 

As you've said right there, ground handling (which includes the take-off roll and roll-out) is pretty poor currently in MSFS.  That impacts all planes, so naturally it is also evident in the Sling S4 too.  However, although I'd never normally consider using any of MSFS's Assistance settings, I find the Rudder Assistance set to ON absolutely eradicated the awful ground handling.  Give it a try, see what you think.

• Like 1

Bill

23 minutes ago, JYW said:

As you've said right there, ground handling (which includes the take-off roll and roll-out) is pretty poor currently in MSFS.  That impacts all planes, so naturally it is also evident in the Sling S4 too.  However, although I'd never normally consider using any of MSFS's Assistance settings, I find the Rudder Assistance set to ON absolutely eradicated the awful ground handling.  Give it a try, see what you think.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot. 

No problem, amico!

• Like 1

Bill

2 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

I don't think it is a "bug". I think it is a long running un-addressed design decision about how friction, wind, ground handling and weather vaning works in this sim. In many other threads I have pointed out the exaggerated tendency of light MSFS aircraft to immediately weather vane even into a mild crosswind as soon as they start a take off run. It is completely unrealistic for a GA aircraft to weather vane so harshly into wind with a tiny amount of crosswind. But it happens in MSFS.

Even in large airliners it is very difficult to calibrate ground steering hence the not very convincing ground behaviour of even the best of large jet aircraft currently available. Some devs try to overcome this by having way too sensitive and abrupt ground steering on the take off roll which results in a very inelegant squirming down the runway.

For that reason, and also because of pitch control flaws in most GA aircraft, I now never buy any aircraft addons from the Marketplace, because it is impossible to tweak these flaws with encrypted config files. I managed to fix most of these flaws with just one Marketplace aircraft because it was also available on another portal, where the config files were not encrypted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

10 minutes ago, robert young said:

......Even in large airliners it is very difficult to calibrate ground steering hence the not very convincing ground behaviour of even the best of large jet aircraft currently available. Some devs try to overcome this by having way too sensitive and abrupt ground steering on the take off roll which results in a very inelegant squirming down the runway......

Another one to add to the list of concerns that I have about MSFS. I have seen quite a few YouTube videos of MSFS airliners arriving and departing at various airports, and I know for certain that the "inelegant squirming" from left to right would drive me nuts. Maybe that rudder assistance toggle would solve that? Smooth and convincing ground handling is very important to me, and that is exactly what I get in my PMDG 737NGX and 777 with AutoRudder enabled in P3Dv4 (using the old style physics model).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, robert young said:

I don't think it is a "bug". I think it is a long running un-addressed design decision about how friction, wind, ground handling and weather vaning works in this sim. In many other threads I have pointed out the exaggerated tendency of light MSFS aircraft to immediately weather vane even into a mild crosswind as soon as they start a take off run. It is completely unrealistic for a GA aircraft to weather vane so harshly into wind with a tiny amount of crosswind. But it happens in MSFS.

Even in large airliners it is very difficult to calibrate ground steering hence the not very convincing ground behaviour of even the best of large jet aircraft currently available. Some devs try to overcome this by having way too sensitive and abrupt ground steering on the take off roll which results in a very inelegant squirming down the runway.

For that reason, and also because of pitch control flaws in most GA aircraft, I now never buy any aircraft addons from the Marketplace, because it is impossible to tweak these flaws with encrypted config files. I managed to fix most of these flaws with just one Marketplace aircraft because it was also available on another portal, where the config files were not encrypted.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This is the issue that bothers me the most in MSFS and if even third party devs who build payware aircrafts haven't been able to deal with this issue ... I'm worried. I opened a thread 6 months ago on microsoft official forum but MSFS developers seems to not care at all ...