Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

8 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This is the issue that bothers me the most in MSFS and if even third party devs who build payware aircrafts haven't been able to deal with this issue ... I'm worried. I opened a thread 6 months ago on microsoft official forum but MSFS developers seems to not care at all ... 

Asobo said they are planning to overhaul ground handling.  You should watch the Twitch Q&As, or at least read the summaries of them (I'm not gong to link the Twitch Q&A for you, you can do your own research).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

Asobo said they are planning to overhaul ground handling.  You should watch the Twitch Q&As, or at least read the summaries of them.

Sorry if I don't have time to follow what Asobo does every hour of the day. Can you please post a link of the summary? Can't find it. 

5 hours ago, robert young said:

I now never buy any aircraft addons from the Marketplace, because it is impossible to tweak these flaws with encrypted config files. I managed to fix most of these flaws with just one Marketplace aircraft because it was also available on another portal, where the config files were not encrypted.

Definitely understand that.   I totally understand @simbol's decision to sell via MP as it suits his business.  But today, I wanted to remove the sound that the prop lever makes in the Sling, as I have a bad pot in my prop axis hardware and it's always triggering that sound.     In a non-MP product, that involves changing one flag from "true" to "false" in the Wwise config file.    But of course, there's nothing there for the Sting. 🙂

I also wanted to activate the parking break in the systems.cfg again a 5 second job normally but of course, there is no systems.cfg for encrypted planes.

It's certainly frustrating being so locked out of products, because making personal tweaks to suit our preferences allows us to enjoy products more.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Having a blast with this plane. Thanks @simbol for this release. Perfect plane to fly low and slow with and appreciate the views. Also scratches the A2A itch with its various systems degradation over time.

As someone mentioned earlier, a non tint cockpit screen would be a nice option to have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

a non tint cockpit screen would be a nice option to have.

He's added the option to the EFB - it's just awaiting approval at the Marketplace 👍

Bill

34 minutes ago, JYW said:

Definitely understand that.   I totally understand @simbol's decision to sell via MP as it suits his business.  But today, I wanted to remove the sound that the prop lever makes in the Sling, as I have a bad pot in my prop axis hardware and it's always triggering that sound.     In a non-MP product, that involves changing one flag from "true" to "false" in the Wwise config file.    But of course, there's nothing there for the Sting. 🙂

I also wanted to activate the parking break in the systems.cfg again a 5 second job normally but of course, there is no systems.cfg for encrypted planes.

It's certainly frustrating being so locked out of products, because making personal tweaks to suit our preferences allows us to enjoy products more.

Yea but if you change the logic of the system,cfg for the parking brake, it would affect some code I did on WASM (at least on V1.0).. and then when system don't behave properly, you would have to raise a support ticket because the airplane is doing something wrong. At that point we would spend a ton of time trying to troubleshoot to then discover 4 days later when you remember that you change a parameter and that is the cause. Do you see my drift here? people change all sort of things, then when it breaks the flight model, systems, configurations, or anything they are after support from 3rd party devs to get it fixed.

So In reality all this does is to cause issues at the end of the day for everyone, which just drives times away from development of new features or improvements in order to handle support. This is another reason why I just love MP.

My suggestion instead: If you require changes and tweaks, raise a feature request via my discord channel, you know I am accommodating these, people asked for a clear Canopy on Monday 30th of May.. it is Thursday 2th of May and the feature is now implemented and coming to customers.. tell me a developer that is that fast to satisfy customers.. 😉.

In passing people found a bug with parking brake axis which causes abnormal behaviors during taxi, I had to disable the parking brake on system.cfg and implement new logic in WASM for ground handling physics, this is part of the update tonight.. never asume you can change .cfg files without having negative effects on 3rd party aircrafts, specially products with highly modeled systems like the S4.. every single configuration line I placed on the .cfg files is used for custom physics and modeling in the product. there are over +15,000 lines of C++ code behind the scenes for the Sting S4.. and I can asure you, a simple change in .cfg files would have a butterfly effect for many modules.. 😉

Going out with my family, speak later, if MP people tell me is released I will ping everyone on Discord as usual.

Love to everyone,

Raul

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yea but if you change the logic of the system,cfg for the parking brake, it would affect some code I did on WASM (at least on V1.0).. and then when system don't behave properly, you would have to raise a support ticket because the airplane is doing something wrong. At that point we would spend a ton of time trying to troubleshoot to then discover 4 days later when you remember that you change a parameter and that is the cause. Do you see my drift here? people change all sort of things, then when it breaks the flight model, systems, configurations, or anything they are after support from 3rd party devs to get it fixed.

Totally get it, Raul, really I do.

And yes, the natural resolution to the inability to tweak files, is the fatnastic level of in-plane customization that you're responively giving us!

PS.... Might we have a retro-fitted parking break option in the EFB?  No STC required, it's non-certified! 😄

Thanks for the awesome product and support.

Edited by JYW

Bill

Latest from Seb/Asobo on coming ground handling/physics improvements >= SU10 (starts from this point onwards in stream): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=01h24m12s

Full transcript: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-may-25th-2022/521293

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

So In reality all this does is to cause issues at the end of the day for everyone, which just drives times away from development of new features or improvements in order to handle support. This is another reason why I just love MP.

My suggestion instead: If you require changes and tweaks, raise a feature request via my discord channel, you know I am accommodating these, people asked for a clear Canopy on Monday 30th of May.. it is Thursday 2th of May and the feature is now implemented and coming to customers.. tell me a developer that is that fast to satisfy customers.. 😉.

In passing people found a bug with parking brake axis which causes abnormal behaviors during taxi, I had to disable the parking brake on system.cfg and implement new logic in WASM for ground handling physics, this is part of the update tonight.. never asume you can change .cfg files without having negative effects on 3rd party aircrafts, specially products with highly modeled systems like the S4.. every single configuration line I placed on the .cfg files is used for custom physics and modeling in the product. there are over +15,000 lines of C++ code behind the scenes for the Sting S4.. and I can asure you, a simple change in .cfg files would have a butterfly effect for many modules.. 😉

Going out with my family, speak later, if MP people tell me is released I will ping everyone on Discord as usual.

Love to everyone,

Raul

All understood Paul. But all you have to do is say "any tweaks you do are entirely at your own risk and will not be supported". 

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

22 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Latest from Seb/Asobo on coming ground handling/physics improvements >= SU10 (starts from this point onwards in stream): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=01h24m12s

Full transcript: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-may-25th-2022/521293

Thanks @lwt1971

For you @Jeeeno. You should thank @lwt1971 for going out of the way to find the link for you.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, robert young said:

All understood Paul. But all you have to do is say "any tweaks you do are entirely at your own risk and will not be supported". 

Good luck with that, the reality is, you get an email saying, your product doesn't work.

I am a software engineer, not my first rodeo.. And I have been doing addons for flight simulators since 2017, I have seen it all before..

R.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Good luck with that, the reality is, you get an email saying, your product doesn't work.

I am a software engineer, not my first rodeo.. And I have been doing addons for flight simulators since 2017, I have seen it all before..

R.

I did addons for just over 20 years so I get what you are saying. It's your choice.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Totally get it, Raul, really I do.

And yes, the natural resolution to the inability to tweak files, is the fatnastic level of in-plane customization that you're responively giving us!

PS.... Might we have a retro-fitted parking break option in the EFB?  No STC required, it's non-certified! 😄

Thanks for the awesome product and support.

Can you post this on my discord channel? this is where I am tracking all new feature request.. mostly because I can provide live updates on progress, etc. to everyone 🙂

R.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can you post this on my discord channel? this is where I am tracking all new feature request.. mostly because I can provide live updates on progress, etc. to everyone 🙂

R.

Affirm, Cap'n.  Will do!

Bill