Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

This thing flies absolutely beautifully!  Such a convincing flight model.  On my 200nm delivery flight home and zero issues to report.    It's magic out of the box.

60 FPS on mixed high/medium MSFS settings, with my ol' GTX1080Ti too.

This 1280x768 JPEG doesn't do it justice, trust me!

spacer.png

Edited by JYW
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

spacer.pngPharaoh Akhenaten and Queen Nefertiti's favorite ultralight !

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@simbol -

The Sting is absolutely amazing.   For most new aircraft, I'd have a list of things that don't quite seem right.  I have only one thing that I noticed;  Once airborne, with the RPMs at 5500, I would say that the run sound in your model is about 90% prop, 10% engine. 

Although the Rotax engines are surprisingly quiet in the air, this seems just a little too quiet.  I've not flown a Sting but have flown similar airframes (CZAW SportCruiser, Everktor Sportstar), and would say the cockpit noise (wind aside) is about 50% prop, 50% engine.   I'd personally like to hear a little more engine in the skies. 😎

Edited by JYW

Bill

this is a really neat release,

@simbol, do you have any outstanding issues before you can release for Xbox?

will get this for Xbox when available - will be great for exploring... 🙂

So If I pull throttle to idle, turn off auto rpm, and leave rpm high, then rpm doesn't drop and power doesn't get reduced. Is that normal for rotax?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So If I pull throttle to idle, turn off auto rpm, and leave rpm high, then rpm doesn't drop and power doesn't get reduced. Is that normal for rotax?

In the air, or on the ground?

Power and RPMs are reducing fine for me at idle; in auto or manual prop mode.   A Rotax with a constant speed prop behaves like any other piston engine with a constant speed prop - just at higher engine revs.   Were you in the air and descending and perhaps windmilling was keeping your RPMs high?   Although windmilling would not prevent your power from reducing, at idle.

Bill

If not using a 750 GPS; what will be on the middle screen in the aircraft ?

Just the same as on the lft and right, but smaller ? 

Are these displays independent from each other, so that they can be set up displaying different things ?

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

3 hours ago, JYW said:

In the air, or on the ground?

Power and RPMs are reducing fine for me at idle; in auto or manual prop mode.   A Rotax with a constant speed prop behaves like any other piston engine with a constant speed prop - just at higher engine revs.   Were you in the air and descending and perhaps windmilling was keeping your RPMs high?   Although windmilling would not prevent your power from reducing, at idle.

In the air. I have binding for both throttle and prop in my honeycomb bravo. If I reduce throttle to idle while rpm set to high, rpm doesn't drop .I believe it should. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Odd. The rpm should drop. On my rotax acft, on approach we need minimum 7 inches MP to keep rpm around 2.600, prop lever at fine pitch (full fwd).

EDIT: real world samples I took, just for you! 😁
Base-leg

• Target IAS: 75
  • Flaps UP
  • MP 12,9
  • RPM: 4440
  • Prop lever: cruise setting (4800rpm max)

Final Approach

• Target IAS: 70
  • One notch flaps
  • MP 15,5 
  • RPM: 4750
  • Prop lever: full forward (5800rpm max)
Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I think the sound of the rotax is realistic, it is right about what you hear when wearing a headset in flight, which you would do anyway in real life.

But here is what concerns me a lot, the wind vane effect or what you call it is ridiculously prominent. While it flies nicely, after my last and second in total landing the sling starts to veer to the right like crazy, making it impossible to make a left turn altogether. 

I have checked my controls calibration and settings, that seems to be in order.

Has anybody else experienced it?

2 hours ago, darshonaut said:

Are these displays independent from each other, so that they can be set up displaying different things ?

My question too. How do i get the gtn750 working on the centre screen? I now have Garmin, but i want my gtn750 displayed. I have puchased the gtn750 and is sitting in the community folder.

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

2 hours ago, darshonaut said:

9 minutes ago, bbking said:

My question too. How do i get the gtn750 working on the centre screen? I now have Garmin, but i want my gtn750 displayed. I have puchased the gtn750 and is sitting in the community folder.

Hi all...

Yes, the default is coming with the smaller default Garmin unit in the center. They are all working indepent and can be configured as far as the default units allow to. The GTN is activated via the EFB. The EFB is in the side pocket left of your knee. Go there to the settings tab and you will find the activation of the GTN. You getter a better view on the EFB with ctrl-4 btw. If in addition you want to drop in the TDS GTN instead of the PMS one you have to head over to fsreborn discord. In the mods channel you will find a package for exchanging the PMS with TDS.

Cheers

T.

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

• Like 2

A massive congrats Raul, I suspect this is just the first in a long list of future triumphs.

P.S.

To anyone sitting on the fence about purchasing this little gem, I guarentee you will not regret buying it for one second. It's a joy to fly, but the thing that sets this GA aircraft apart is the idea that you can set up a flight with all the settings on full, take off into the wide blue and never know what's around the corner regarding engine failure etc! Will you make it to that distant runway or will you pull the chute when you overfly that enticing beauty spot 🤪!!

Edited by SierraHotel
PS
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

In the air. I have binding for both throttle and prop in my honeycomb bravo. If I reduce throttle to idle while rpm set to high, rpm doesn't drop .I believe it should. 

Thats really weird. Just tested and the RPM slowly going down with cutting the throttle to idle with manual full rpm. I usually do not use my honeycomb with the Sting but I will check. In the meantime could you please verify without the Honeycomb in use if its the same?

Cheers

T.

EDIT:

just did a quick check and working fine on my end with the Bravo with the following in use:

unknown.png

Edited by Torsen

7 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

this is a really neat release,

@simbol, do you have any outstanding issues before you can release for Xbox?

will get this for Xbox when available - will be great for exploring... 🙂

WASM, when WASM is addressed for XBOX (I understand it is on SU10), we will go live on Xbox.

R. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1