Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best payware airports in Europe for airliners

21 hours ago, F737MAX said:

EBBR is hands-down *the best* payware airport scenery in MSFS, even though it's not exactly spectacular in real life.

Jo Erlund is simply a master of scenery design. His EDDK is just as spectacular.

• Like 4

On 5/30/2022 at 10:13 AM, Redge said:

LatinVFR’s LEBL is also good, and good on the frame rates too. 

Noticed how there's also a Barcelona El-Prat made by JustSim and released in 2021 whereas the LatinVFR version was released back in 2020.

Would be interesting to know how they compare. Anyone in here with experience of both?

Richard Åsberg

12 hours ago, Farlis said:

Jo Erlund is simply a master of scenery design. His EDDK is just as spectacular.

What other airports has Jo Erlund released?

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

I heard Flytampa EKCH mentioned.

https://flightsim.to/file/23926/ekch-copenhagen-airport-flytampa-remove-static-aircrafts-unofficial

LVFR LBEL has a hand full of statics but they shouldn't interfere with VATSIM.  There is one Vueling A 320 in the screen shot then there are some statics parked in and around the Iberia Maint Hangar.  3 learjets parked on the GA ramp.  and 3 Vueling A320s in the far northwest ramp by FEDEX.  There are no statics parked at any gates in either terminal. spacer.png

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 10:57 AM, Christopher Low said:

Every time I even think about whether I should purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator, I see little things like this that I just know would annoy the hell out of me.

Actually for the few airports with static aircrafts (in my case ORBX LOWW and ORBX LOWG) there are freeware mods to remove them.

ORBX LOWW Remove Statics

Christopher i don´t know which simulator you are using, but i was a longtime user of FSX and further P3D with many many addons - since i changed to MSFS i NEVER ever thought about starting P3D again.

Greets,
Markus

• Like 1

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

On 5/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Konterhalbe said:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH hell no!
Why do devs not offer an option to disable them or at least allow to rename some "Static_aircraft.bgl" to .bak by myself????
This sucks so much and this is one of two strict no-go-reasons, why I still have not spent a single cent on payware airports for MSFS yet.

Same answer for you 🙂

Remove Statics...

Greets,

Markus

• Like 1

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

4 hours ago, aniiran said:

I heard Flytampa EKCH mentioned.

https://flightsim.to/file/23926/ekch-copenhagen-airport-flytampa-remove-static-aircrafts-unofficial

LVFR LBEL has a hand full of statics but they shouldn't interfere with VATSIM.  There is one Vueling A 320 in the screen shot then there are some statics parked in and around the Iberia Maint Hangar.  3 learjets parked on the GA ramp.  and 3 Vueling A320s in the far northwest ramp by FEDEX.  There are no statics parked at any gates in either terminal. spacer.png

Thanks. I actually tried the EKCH fix in the past but for whatever reason, it didn't work for me. Will give it another try. Also, thanks for the info about LVFR LEBL 👍

1 hour ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Actually for the few airports with static aircrafts (in my case ORBX LOWW and ORBX LOWG) there are freeware mods to remove them.

ORBX LOWW Remove Statics

Christopher i don´t know which simulator you are using, but i was a longtime user of FSX and further P3D with many many addons - since i changed to MSFS i NEVER ever thought about starting P3D again.

Greets,
Markus

Thanks, will try it out. Would be great if I could get this one to work. Since there are A LOT of static models found in the Orbx LOWW scenery!

Richard Åsberg

Not payware (well they were but now included in the World Updates) but Faro LPFR in the Algarve, Portugal and also Palermo LICJ in Sicily are both nicely detailed airports.

Palermo in particular has a fun approach as it has no ILS.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Not payware (well they were but now included in the World Updates) but Faro LPFR in the Algarve, Portugal and also Palermo LICJ in Sicily are both nicely detailed airports.

Palermo in particular has a fun approach as it has no ILS.

Palermo has five different ILS approaches, even. Two for RWY 20, and three for RWY 25.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

11 hours ago, mrcultureshock said:

What other airports has Jo Erlund released?

None in MSFS so far. But he did Bergen, Tromso, Stavanger and Bonaire for Aerosoft for P3D and X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

deleted

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

@MäxliBäxli @aniiran

Happy to report how the fixes to remove static aircraft at EKCH and LOWW worked like a charm!

I think what made it work this time was how I after dropping them into the Community folder deleted Content.xml, allowing it to be rebuilt. In combination with deleting everything in ...\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

6 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Palermo has five different ILS approaches, even. Two for RWY 20, and three for RWY 25.

Does it?! Oh my bad!

I'm sure my Navigraph only had an RNAV and LOC approach for Palermo.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Why does it take a freeware fix to remove static aircraft at MSFS airports?? :huh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png