Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best payware airports in Europe for airliners

8 hours ago, okupton said:

With P3d it’s just removíng a bgl file. That’s not possible with these airports? I haven’t spent the time to analyze msfs files yet so no clue how they are different/similar to how things were done previously on esp platforms 

No such thing in MSFS I'm afraid. At least not as far as I know.

What I did learn is how you can use the developer tools for MSFS and build your own exclusion for static models. Problem is this first of course requires you learn how to do this. Which isn't rocket science but does require some time and effort on your side.

Also, it won't work for all airports. Depending on how the static aircraft models were added to the scenery by the original developer. Sometimes, as with Orbx Innsbruck for example, they have decided to not add the static aircraft models as separate objects. Instead they have "baked them in" with other parts of the airport scenery. Making it very hard to remove them. At least if you're not a pro airport scenery developer.

Richard Åsberg

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

There are none. Or if there are you can switch them off.

That's great to hear!

Richard Åsberg

20 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I just wish they make this an option on all releases and go back and update the previous ones to give us that option. 

Make your voice heard over here for example.

Richard Åsberg

LatinVFR’s LEBL is also good, and good on the frame rates too. 

• Like 1

Since Lees Bradford is very close to Scotland, I would consider Pyreegue Edinburgh and / or Glassgow. 

• Upvote 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

......So far, these are the airports I have. Where the majority of them unfortunately come with static aircraft models which can't be switched OFF.....

Every time I even think about whether I should purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator, I see little things like this that I just know would annoy the hell out of me.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

I bought FlyTampa LGAV recently and have to say it’s really good. 

same! I like it a lot as well

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Every time I even think about whether I should purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator, I see little things like this that I just know would annoy the hell out of me.

In all fairness, this isn't a MSFS issue but rather a developer issue. Where some developers for whatever reason (probably cost-saving...) choose to not include an option to remove any static aircraft models.

To shortly comment on MSFS itself as a flight sim platform even if that is not the topic to be discussed here, I'm absolutely blown away with what it offers. As well as being continuously improved. I've been enjoying flight sims for the last 30+ years or even more and I never experienced anything more impressive. Especially when enjoying it in VR and now when we finally have the 737 NG for MSFS so many of us have been waiting for.

So, if you like flight sims (which I assume you do since you're in here 🙂), you will certainly miss out on something if you don't try MSFS out.

• Like 2

Richard Åsberg

37 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

same! I like it a lot as well

Sorry if the answer was already given and I missed it but does LGAV come with static aircraft models in the same way FlyTampa's EKCH does? Which again sadly can't be removed...

Richard Åsberg

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Since Lees Bradford is very close to Scotland, I would consider Pyreegue Edinburgh and / or Glassgow. 

Thanks! What about static aircraft models for these?

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I spent a great deal of time and money on XP11 and P3Dv5 and still have them, but even out of the box with zero payware it is gorgeous and just so SMOOTH compared to my earlier sims - both on my “good” computer and my ancient potato computer.

I do buy add ons (the 146 and 737-700 and Warrior II are amazing) but one could have an incredible ball of a time at very little cost per hour flying over incredible scenery and default planes, and if desired so many free liveries and plane enhancements are available.

Maybe try the flight from Bedford, MA to Worcester, MA for example as Thoreau’s Walden Pond becomes industrial park then golf course then big box shopping areas then Dingy looking railyards as you come in on the ILS.

And set the wind high enough to get some wave action as the freeware ships package ferries and freighters slide by diesel smoke puffing from their stacks.

It’s not perfect but it is a great sim worth trying in my humble opinion, so many incredible moments using just base/free content.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

You can toggle the static airliners for both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Superbly detailed airports!

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

53 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

You can turn them on or off in configuration. 

• Like 1

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

My favourite airports in term of quality (that are not on your list) are:

EBBR Brussels (Aerosoft) for me the best one at the moment

LGAV Athens (FlyTampa)

EGPH Edinburgh (Pyreegue)

EDDK Cologne Bonn (Aerosoft)

LOWS Salzburg (Digital Design)

LIRQ Florence (Gaya)

LECO A Coruña (TDM)

I don’t know which ones have static aircraft.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Maccosim EGCC and EGBB are fantastic as well.

Thomas Derbyshire