Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

Mods - Where are we at with the intrusive Mobile Adverts?

Hi,

I would like to respectively ask for an update to the intrusive adverts associated when using AVSim on a Mobile (Phone/tablet) device please, this issue has been ongoing for months now and has very recently got worse with some new Google Competition pop up when browsing the forum. @Bob Scott stated over a month ago "we are looking at this and addressing it with the ad provider", any update to this please?

For reference these issues started around October last year (see link below) and the "the AVSIM tech has been made aware of the situation and is working on it!" to quote @charliearon

To reiterate;

• The issue is the extremity of the pop-up fullscreen ads, the overall size of the "smaller" ones that take up half the screen, the overall intrusion of the Ads which makes Browsing the Forum a PITA on a Mobile Device
  • This is the issue specifically affecting Mobile Devices (not Desktops/laptops)
  • It does not affect other Forums I frequent (and I visit many!)
  • I will not be forced to change my Mobile Browser (I need to use Chrome Mobile for work purposes
    and as above all other forums are just fine, as far as I'm concerned this is a direct issue with AVSim)
  • No an Ad Blocker will not work, as above this is on Mobile Devices not Desktop (I have to stress this as Mods in previous threads did not understand this point at all)
  • It has nothing to do with my Phones security Setup (again I have to stress this point)

Thank You.

• Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Invasive rubbish that destroys our communicative life... like an encroaching disease I am not going to mention.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

FWIW I use Edge on mobile with in-built ad blocker and I don't see a single ad on here anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

FWIW I use Edge on mobile with in-built ad blocker and I don't see a single ad on here anywhere.

That's not the point. One should not need to install third party software to fix AdSim's broken ad implementation.

• Like 4

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's not the point. One should not need to install third party software to fix AdSim's broken ad implementation.

Wasn't meant like that. Just that it works to deal with it if needed.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

As all other posts on adds here - locked - ignored - nothing done about it - problem persists 

and the answer is that adds generate money to run the site..but advised to use ad blocker. Huh??

ad-infinite loop.

• Like 1

Luke Pype

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I just tried Edge browser on my iPhone and still had the ads.  What do I need to do to turn on the built in ad blocker?

Disregard, turned on ad block in settings.  working perfectly, thanks for the tip, I don't mind using another browser to fix this disaster.

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It looks like AVSIM is now serving probable malware ads (which completely overwrite your browser history), based on what I received on my iPhone earlier this evening.

image0.png

image1.png

This needs to stop. The revenue isn't worth the reputational damage because the admins don't understand their ad system.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

We've gone over this numerous times. It's part of the server software. Use an ad blocker and you won't have a problem. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals