Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

HJET Issues List

Not sure what the intended behavior is, but when I make payload adjustments (remove people) in the G3000 it doesn't change the payload in the MSFS payload screen. However, when I change the fuel slider its does change the fuel in-sim to match.

I would think those should be the same. Either is sets in in the sim, or it's just for calculating performance. 

Eddie
KABQ

Reducing throttle to idle at 35,000 feet triggers a "landing gear" alarm. 

Pretty sure I've got some time to get that done 🙂

=================

Clicking LOAD on an ILS approach automatically activates it for me. I turn to go direct to the first waypoint of the approach. 

Edited by haskell
added

Eddie
KABQ

What a trippy plane.  Had a great landing today.  Thing about the Exterior lighting is you need to be moving for them to activate.

sp

10 hours ago, haskell said:

Reducing throttle to idle at 35,000 feet triggers a "landing gear" alarm. 

This one is correct behaviour.   The plane will always trigger that alarm if altitude is >0' AGL, landing gear is up, and the throttle is pulled to idle.  The solution is to just nudge the throttles forward a little, and the alarm will stop.  There should be a small dead zone in the throttle response, that accounts for this (don't know if this is evident in the model), so you can still descend with idle thrust, but with the throttles a half inch open.   Just a safety feature, where the plane is saying "Show me you definitely want to be at idle power here, by nudging the throttles forward a touch!". 🙂

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, JYW said:

This one is correct behaviour.   The plane will always trigger that alarm if altitude is >0' AGL, landing gear is up, and the throttle is pulled to idle.  The solution is to just nudge the throttles forward a little, and the alarm will stop.  There should be a small dead zone in the throttle response, that accounts for this (don't know if this is evident in the model), so you can still descend with idle thrust, but with the throttles a half inch open.   Just a safety feature, where the plane is saying "Show me you definitely want to be at idle power here, by nudging the throttles forward a touch!". 🙂

Interesting. You would think a plane this “smart” would know gear is not necessary at 35,000 feet. But if that’s the way it really is… cool! I did find the spot where you still got the idle indication but no warning. 

Speaking of idle descent, it REALLY slows down at idle. I compared to the charts in the POM that is floating around. And the time and distance to descent is right on the numbers. But man you are slowing WAY down. Any RL pilots chime in that this is how they descend? You’re going from Mach .70 to Mach .40 before you hit 30,000. 

This thing is really accurate at 37,000 feet in Long Range Cruise (right on the numbers) but is unable to achieve the speed for High Speed Cruise. Even at MCT it never goes above Mach .71 (.72 is the target.)

However, it is SLOW to climb vs. the charts. Climbing at 210 all the way up takes almost TWICE as long as it should. I see videos where pilots are saying it has a 4,000 FPM climb and by the time I’m in the low flight levels it has dropped below 1,200 FPM. So, maybe this model is underpowered a bit? Maybe that’s why I am using up over 4,000 feet of runway getting her off the ground.

Anyway, climb seems to be the only place where the numbers are WAY off the real thing. I was stunned at how close the LRC numbers were for both speed and fuel burn. Like margin-of-error close! But it’s hard to flight plan when Simbrief suggests a flight level you can’t achieve on a shorter flight due to sluggish climb performance. 

Also from a RL YouTube video the pilot says it feels like a much heavier plane on the controls so you don’t get that “light plane” feeling on the controls. So I suspect this model is a little more sensitive than it should be. I have, however, mastered takeoffs. Very gentle rotation, gear up, nose down, flaps up at 130, the PUSH it over to accelerate to 210, engage FLC and ride it up. 

With a few quirks, some big (climb rate), I’m really liking this plane more and more. 

Edited by haskell

Eddie
KABQ

I would really like to see Marwan stop in to our forum every now nd then. I know he's been here before.

I appreciate it when devs get involved with their customers & the community and there is none better than AVSIM.

There was supposed be be an update issued today.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

59 minutes ago, haskell said:

Interesting. You would think a plane this “smart” would know gear is not necessary at 35,000 feet. But if that’s the way it really is… cool! I did find the spot where you still got the idle indication but no warning. 

Speaking of idle descent, it REALLY slows down at idle. I compared to the charts in the POM that is floating around. And the time and distance to descent is right on the numbers. But man you are slowing WAY down. Any RL pilots chime in that this is how they descend? You’re going from Mach .70 to Mach .40 before you hit 30,000. 

This thing is really accurate at 37,000 feet in Long Range Cruise (right on the numbers) but is unable to achieve the speed for High Speed Cruise. Even at MCT it never goes above Mach .71 (.72 is the target.)

However, it is SLOW to climb vs. the charts. Climbing at 210 all the way up takes almost TWICE as long as it should. I see videos where pilots are saying it has a 4,000 FPM climb and by the time I’m in the low flight levels it has dropped below 1,200 FPM. So, maybe this model is underpowered a bit? Maybe that’s why I am using up over 4,000 feet of runway getting her off the ground.

Anyway, climb seems to be the only place where the numbers are WAY off the real thing. I was stunned at how close the LRC numbers were for both speed and fuel burn. Like margin-of-error close! But it’s hard to flight plan when Simbrief suggests a flight level you can’t achieve on a shorter flight due to sluggish climb performance. 

Also from a RL YouTube video the pilot says it feels like a much heavier plane on the controls so you don’t get that “light plane” feeling on the controls. So I suspect this model is a little more sensitive than it should be. I have, however, mastered takeoffs. Very gentle rotation, gear up, nose down, flaps up at 130, the PUSH it over to accelerate to 210, engage FLC and ride it up. 

With a few quirks, some big (climb rate), I’m really liking this plane more and more. 

Are you using MCT to climb? I was using FLC too but throttle wasn't in the MCT detent and the plane almost wouldn't climb. I advanced it to MCT and it started climbing as it should.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Are you using MCT to climb? I was using FLC too but throttle wasn't in the MCT detent and the plane almost wouldn't climb. I advanced it to MCT and it started climbing as it should.

Yeah I stay in MCT from shortly after takeoff to cruise level. 

Eddie
KABQ

41 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I would really like to see Marwan stop in to our forum every now nd then. I know he's been here before.

I appreciate it when devs get involved with their customers & the community and there is none better than AVSIM.

Have you been in the sim if there are any new products/updates released?

It is submitted and expected today but it is on Microsoft to publish. if there are new releases today but no update it would seem that the update has not been pushed. If no new products we just have to wait until MSFS refresh the store.

59 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Definitely!   Would be great to see him pop by here and reassure us on a few points.

With regards to the expected update not even acknowledging the non-working keyboard commands for most AP modes, I was wondering if this was an intentional decision by Marwan, or if he just isn't aware of the posts about it from several users here.

I did attempt to go to the Discord, couldn't get in, got messed around and gave up. 

Bill

1 minute ago, JYW said:

Definitely!   Would be great to see him pop by here and reassure us on a few points.

With regards to the expected update not even acknowledging the non-working keyboard commands for most AP modes, I was wondering if this was an intentional decision by Marwan, or if he just isn't aware of the posts about it from several users here.

I did attempt to go to the Discord, couldn't get in, got messed around and gave up. 

Discord HJET Known Issues, it is acknowledged and has moved to top priority for the next update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Discord HJET Known Issues, it is acknowledged and has moved to top priority for the next update.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification!

Bill

28 minutes ago, JYW said:

I would say that he is aware of what is going on based on his passion for the hobby. His passion just turned into a profession. I hope he's aware.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am completely unable to take off with the HJet, as I did report before in this issue list.

Whatever I do, what ever runway I use, whatever airport, my HJet always crashes on the runway wiithout any reason.

I switched off crash detection in developer mode, I reduced realistic crashes in options to 0%, I switched NWS Off during TO, I trimmed nose neutral as well as up, every time speed reaches 50-60 kts the HJet starts vibrating violently, next the right wing comes up, the jet yaws to the left and flips over.

I am out of options know and really need some help in getting my HJet up in the air.

Many thanks and best regards,

Jan