Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

777 will be next PMDG airliner for MSFS

Despite the update for the PMDG 737 today, I thought this deserves its own topic.  In the update for the PMDG 737 today, Randazzo said:

We anticipate this period will continue for the 737 product line through, at least October, and likely well into the 777 beta period that will start up after the first four 737 bodies are rolled out.

So there you have it.  It was unknown if the 747 or 777 would be next for PMDG in MSFS (although many people expected the 777 to be next for PMDG after the 737, but it was never confirmed).  Now it's confirmed that the 777 should be the next airliner for PMDG in MSFS, and not the 747.  

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 7

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Day one buy for me for sure. Need a long haul aircraft in the sim now as we have plenty for short/mid range routes!

I think choosing the 777 over the 747 to be first out the door was the right one, there's precious few 747s left flying (in pax service, appreciate there's a fair few freighters) these days. The 777 is still a staple of many airlines wide body fleets around the world and will be for many years yet.

Edited by Tom Wright
  • Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

This was already known 

Actually, if my memory is correct, it was speculated by the community that the 777 would be next, but not confirmed. From Randazzo's postings, he mentioned the 747 and 777 would come after the 737, but he was ambiguous about which would come next after the 737. I think it was one of Randazzo's posts in the last 6 months or so, where he left some ambiguity on which one was coming after the 737.

At least that is my memory, and I have read all of Randazzo's updates in the PMDG forum over the last 1.75 years since MSFS was released.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Does it come in BBJ?  Hehe!  I'm not sure if I'll bite but I'm again happy for the long haul fans!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The plane I've been waiting for! 777 with the monstrous GE-90's! I really hope they get the sound on these right! My subwoofer is waiting to get a serious workout when I spool those bad boys up. Can't wait for the 777 to make it's way into MSFS!

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Gee, if they get the sound right like they did with the 737 it should be another great bird.

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Actually, if my memory is correct, it was speculated by the community that the 777 would be next, but not confirmed. From Randazzo's postings, he mentioned the 747 and 777 would come after the 737, but he was ambiguous about which would come next after the 737. I think it was one of Randazzo's posts in the last 6 months or so, where he left some ambiguity on which one was coming after the 737.

At least that is my memory, and I have read all of Randazzo's updates in the PMDG forum over the last 1.75 years since MSFS was released.

I think he did state within the past few months that the next aircraft they'd show after the 737's the 777, so while it wasn't confirmed, that did heavily imply the 777 was now further along.

I’m excited for this as well, but it’ll be a huge disappointment to have this amazing aircraft if Asobo can’t do a better job with making the platform stable over long hauls. Currently folks doing 9+ hour flights are frequently getting performance degradation issues or plagued with CTD issues. We need Asobo to address this before we get a good long hauler.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

We know and typical PMDG fashion we'll have to wait for the most popular version last the -300ER.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Gnaaah. Happy for you triple 7 friends but me def interested only in the 747. I don't care about real world operators. I want the Queen. That will be a long waiting time... 

Cheers T.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Gnaaah. Happy for you triple 7 friends but me def interested only in the 747. I don't care about real world operators. I want the Queen. That will be a long waiting time... 

Cheers T.

You've had your time getting the Queen first time for us for once!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.