Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

NeoFly 4 Beta Version

I've been using it for a few days and it's great!

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Very nice upgrade from the original. Just wished it allowed a pull over of funds from version 3. Going to take a looooonnngg time to raise enough funds to get something better than a started craft, 🤪

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

20 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Just wished it allowed a pull over of funds from version 3

This feature will be integrated after the beta period ends along with custom aircraft and the remaining addon packs used in V3. Check their discord for more info!

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

I noticed in a youtube video that you need to spend on maintenance. Does it mean there is a chance aircrafts fail? Would love to see that.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I noticed in a youtube video that you need to spend on maintenance. Does it mean there is a chance aircrafts fail? Would love to see that.

Yes and make sure you take insurance out. NF4 currently reads from the MSFS crash detection so if you botch a landing or crash then it's a NF write off and also hangars and AI aircraft.... lol

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

10 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Yes and make sure you take insurance out. NF4 currently reads from the MSFS crash detection so if you botch a landing or crash then it's a NF write off and also hangars and AI aircraft.... lol

Regarding maintenance, system failure scenarios are more likely if you dont take care of the plane? Awesome if thats the case. 

Loved using this in the past but not used it for a fair few months, noticed awhile back they had started working on V4 so will check it out at some point.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

For me the only downside of neofly is that it does not have an online component to interact with other pilots like fseconomy and Onair do.

1 hour ago, Aglos77 said:

For me the only downside of neofly is that it does not have an online component to interact with other pilots like fseconomy and Onair do.

I feel the same way. NeoFly looks so good and it has such varied mission design but without human competitors I stick with FSEconomy.

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

9 hours ago, RW1 said:

This feature will be integrated after the beta period ends along with custom aircraft and the remaining addon packs used in V3. Check their discord for more info!

That will be a big plus for me. Would take me a couple years to re-purchase my Kodiak at the C150 rate.. 😎👍

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

10 hours ago, RW1 said:

I don't think that money and progression can carry over from NF3 since that system has been changed. At least, that's not what I read in Discord. They will be adding aircraft and other features over time though. Starting over from scratch has been fun for me so far. I'm getting to know the 152 very well!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

4 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I don't think that money and progression can carry over from NF3 since that system has been changed. At least, that's not what I read in Discord. They will be adding aircraft and other features over time though. Starting over from scratch has been fun for me so far. I'm getting to know the 152 very well!

Ouch... My NeoFly alter ego pilot has amassed a fortune of $61M and a very full hangar of nice expensive aircraft to summon to his location on a whim or have his favorite crew of mercenaries fly missions with.  Guess he'll have to get back to work...

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I could use some help... I've got NeoFly 3 and 4.  I want to use the Kodiak 100... not one of the few starter aircraft the app offers.

In v3, I see there's a way to create new aircraft... does anyone know where to get the necessary numbers for the Kodiak to import into this?

Does v4 offer the same option? I see a list of aircraft including the Kodiak on the settings page, and checking that seems to make it available in the marketplace, however, there's no way I'm flying until I have $2M... LOL.  This app needs to allow you to tell it what aircraft you have, I'm not letting some app dictate what aircraft I have. For v3 there's a way to hack the db to give yourself whatever money you want... Not sure if that's possible on v4. 😄

Edited by Virtual-Chris