Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

LDS-167 Panel Question????

I have tried to edit the panel exactly like I had in FS9 to add a fuelstat, Rwyinfo, and TAS/GS speed gauge to the panel with no problem. They display fine.Also exactly as I had in the FS9 Panel, I tried to add popup windows for AIRadar, Fuel, Map, Checklist, and the GPS along with toggle shortcut Icons. The Map and checklist work fine, but when I click on the fuel, AIRadar or the GPS, I get a quick blink on the panel implying that the applicable window tries to open for a split second, but it instantly disappears. I have closed the main window to see if they were behind it, but they do not display there either. Same results if I try to open them in the FSX view options, or even edit the panel.cfg to make them permanently visable (edit to "1" instead of "0").I have successfully added all of these functions to a number of other aircraft with no problem at all.Has anyone else had similar results? Particularly, has anyone been successful in adding GPS capability to the panel options in this bird?Yes, this is the FSX download, not FS9. The aircraft performs beautifully.Thanks:RTH

FSX is not FS9. User modifications are done at your own peril... ;)Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

As well as in FS9, FS98 and all prior versions.But this senario is unique to the LDS 767.Thanks for the reply.RTH

Even though I do admit that anyone can use any instruments that they want but... why on Earth would you want to add gauges like fuelstat or "TAS/GS" onto a sophisticated panel like the 767? All the same information is available from it's own instrumentation.

Your comment is well taken. Just a creature of habit I guess.My fuel stat gauge gives a heap of other info that is not readily available as well, of particular interest range capability and fuel burn. In the LDS display I haven't noticed ground speed but I concede that it may be displayed and I just have not noticed it (Been a while since I flew the bird in FS9).However, that still does not negate the map, a desire for AIRadar and a GPS though. Possibly FSMeteo and a couple of other things as well as things develope. Probably will bite the bullet for Active Sky instead and I assume they also have a popup screen similar to FSMeteo, but I wonder if either will work on this bird based on what I have described in my original post. Some addon popups work, some don't.I particularly would like to have the GPS as I implied in my original post (at least until FSNAV is originated for FSX). It is somewhat of a turkey shoot to really have a feel for where you are in a 5,000 mile flight with no moving map of any kind (Just completed a great flight from KJFK to LLBG).Thanks for your reply:RTH

Currently running Active Sky X with LDS-763 Active sky panel is mapped to Shift-5. Only issue is you have to open the active sky panel and hit Shift-2 to close the main panel. then move the active sky panel where is can be seen, otherwise it is masked by the LDS main panel.Most of the info you want is in the LDS panel ground speed TCAS. fuel burn rate and range are in the FMC. There is an awful lot in the FMC, I'm still relearning as well. What I need is a way to get the arrival info before going into the 3D world. Learning to live without the map and GPS as it were.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Thanks for the reply.I realize that some of this info is available in the FMC display, but this requires repeatedly bringing up another window, or in the case of secondary monitors possibly leaving the FMC displayed at all times for a minor framerate hit. I personally prefer to have the gauges in question displayed permanently showing this information at all times in the panel. I assure you it will spoil you. AIRadar is a neat addition as well, and I miss it.In the event that anybody thinks I am bad mouthing the LDS767 in any way, FAR FROM IT! I think this contribution is a dandy. Once again, while other items are gravy, the only missing item of any real significance to me personally is the GPS. My major question remains, has anyone successfully added the default FSX GPS to the LDS 767? Once FSNAV is released, this may become academic.Respectfully:RTH

Hi. Yes I have added the default GPS to the FSX LVLD with no problems. Open the panel.cfg with Notepad and just add line:Window11=GPSunder the [Window Titles] section and add [Window11] as follows after the [Window10] entry:[Window11]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.280, 0.310window_pos= 0.020, 0.300If you want you can add the Simicon toggle button also. I added it as:gauge32=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 794,139,19,19to the [Window01] section and as:gauge24=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 331,139,19,19to the [Window03] section.I also added the Simicons for the map, kneeboard and the ATC which were missing on both panels. Regards, Bob.

Thanks loads Bob!You led me to the solution.The only difference in what I did was the "window size" and "window position". What I have done previously is simply copy from the default FS 737 or 747 panel.cfg and everything worked swimingly. Unfortunately, on the LDS 767, the secondary windows were behind the cockpit view. I don't really understand this as closing that window did not let them show up either. However, when I added your size and position lines, the top portion showed up above the cockpit panel. The bottom half was still hidden. Strange that this is the first panel among a multitude that I have seen this happen useing the exact same procedure.Again, thank you for your input.RTH

Adding a GPS to the Level-D???? Blasphemy! :-(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired