Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Reshade & MSFS

I'm starting this thread just in case anyone else wants to try this easy way to add a reshade preset.

Here's the download:

https://flightsim.to/file/20557/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes

Has anyone tried this with add-on linker?

I like the idea of using reshade, but need to use add-on linker to execute the .bat and all the other software that I load.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Jose

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I'm starting this thread just in case anyone else wants to try this easy way to add a reshade preset.

Here's the download:

https://flightsim.to/file/20557/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes

I like the idea of using reshade, but need to use add-on linker to execute the .bat and all the other software that I load.

Jose

Why not just use Nvidia Freestyle? You don't need to install anything, run bat files or inject shaders. Simple and easy. That's what i use here.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Why not just use Nvidia Freestyle? You don't need to install anything, run bat files or inject shaders. Simple and easy. That's what i use here.

I tried it and actually like it. I even watched some videos on what effects to add.

I did not like the fact that I had to create and log into an account to use it.

I just wanted to try reshade to see how the sim looks. I like what I see so far and there are a few profiles available.

I can always go back to freestyle if I can't use reshade with the add-on linker.

• Like 1

I use ReShade with all my games. The guy behind it (Crosire) is a genius. Absolutely transformed games for me. I cant imagine MSFS without it.

I dont like that nVidia Freestyle, prefer to go with just RS and its easy to install/uninstall. I prefer the RS UI as well.

Never tried it with AOL though, will check that idea out!

52 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I use ReShade with all my games. The guy behind it (Crosire) is a genius. Absolutely transformed games for me. I cant imagine MSFS without it.

I dont like that nVidia Freestyle, prefer to go with just RS and its easy to install/uninstall. I prefer the RS UI as well.

would u mind to share ur preset?

I just use simple preset to desaturate green channel.

Artur 

3 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Here's the download:

Jose

He has dropped support for the Steam version - I don't know if this means it doesn't work with the Steam version, but it seems odd to discount so many users from the mod.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

He has dropped support for the Steam version - I don't know if this means it doesn't work with the Steam version, but it seems odd to discount so many users from the mod.

Assume because it doesn't make any sense. ReShade works natively with Steam because the .exe isn't encrypted and ReShade itself has a super easy preset manager. 

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

34 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Reshade files can be dropped right into the steam folder. This would allow reshade to load the same way it did in XP11. As stated, not needed for steam users.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Bad_T is going to try to see what he can do for me to get it working. No promises right now, but that guy is also a genius. 😀

• Like 2

I have the MS Store version of MSFS and I also could drop the files in the Flight Simulator folder 😊

This makes me wonder, am I the only one for whom the Flightsimulator.exe is no longer encrypted?

It happened when I reïnstalled the sim, MS Store told me to install via the Xbox app, the Xbox app asked me for a folder to install into, and voila: Everything there, unencrypted.

Reshade dosent work with latest beta 10 but that said Gshade does and has an unistaller if you dont like it - its basically Reshade with a windows gui before you get into sim - it works in latest beta 10

Im referring to Steam edition fyi

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

14 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Reshade dosent work with latest beta 10 but that said Gshade does and has an unistaller if you dont like it - its basically Reshade with a windows gui before you get into sim - it works in latest beta 10

Im referring to Steam edition fyi

Really? That sucks!

Anyway, Bad_T told me to just drop the .dat file into the main "ReshadeInjectUWP" and enable the .exe in the options. Works great!

However the flightsim.to version, doesn't work for me. I had to create my own from scratch.

Downloaded this https://github.com/MilkyDeveloper/ReshadeForUWP

Watched this video to install from scratch:

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Really? That sucks!

Anyway, Bad_T told me to just drop the .dat file into the main "ReshadeInjectUWP" and enable the .exe in the A options. Works great

Try this way better hassle wise - no manual uninstall basically reshade but better and works in new beta - I could not get reshade to work - empty comm folder would crash all the time - Gshade no crashes and like I said it has a nice gui to uninstall or update etc.

https://gposers.com/gshade/

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

would u mind to share ur preset?

I just use simple preset to desaturate green channel.

You can use the preset in the flightsim.to link I provided. It's good. There are some others out there if you do a search. You need to do a full install of ReshadeInjectUWP with the exe.

3 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Try this way better hassle wise - no manual uninstall basically reshade but better and works in new beta - I could not get reshade to work - empty comm folder would crash all the time - Gshade no crashes and like I said it has a nice gui to uninstall or update etc.

https://gposers.com/gshade/

I'll try it out.

If I need any help, I'll PM you.

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1