CFIJose

Reshade & MSFS

57 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Nice utility.

Message sent 🙂 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, CFIJose said:

I also have the Microsoft Flight Simulator Digital Ownership with MSFS 2020 official and community folders in drive D. Easy to back up and restore.

I'm still baffled by how you managed to get reshade into the main folder.

Here is to show that I have the 'real' exe visible and unencrypted on my E drive. Not a symbolic file in app data. Folder size is 1.18 Gb

spacer.png

Edited by Gerwil
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Here is to show that I have the 'real' exe visible and unencrypted on my E drive. Not a symbolic file in app data. Folder size is 1.18 Gb

spacer.png

It's something I'll certainly consider if I ever need to re-install. I'm actually happy that I found the hack and can be ran with add-on linker.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:51 PM, Beardyman said:

would u mind to share ur preset?

I just use simple preset to desaturate green channel.

Sure. Mines not the best, as always these things are very subjective. I ramped up the color, vibrance and a little bloom to make sun glare during dawn/dusk more real. You are welcome to it, have fun tweaking it to your taste 🙂

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/08e286b5-0506-4d8b-b969-56fae460e1dc

Just drop into the main MSFS folder then use ReShade UI in-game to select the preset.

Some screenshots I took:

Xvpu4l5.png

htEwbKW.jpg

rMXMWBr.png

X36iEkT.jpg

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Sure. Mines not the best, as always these things are very subjective. I ramped up the color, vibrance and a little bloom to make sun glare during dawn/dusk more real. You are welcome to it, have fun tweaking it to your taste 🙂

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/08e286b5-0506-4d8b-b969-56fae460e1dc

Just drop into the main MSFS folder then use ReShade UI in-game to select the preset.

Some screenshots I took:

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is there any way you can use the -fastlaunch parameter in the Reshade startup batch file?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

36 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Is there any way you can use the -fastlaunch parameter in the Reshade startup batch file?

Very interested as well.
I've tried adding the parameter to the batch file but it doesn't work.
I hope some genius folk will find the solution 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Just finished reading through this thread. The way I do it is to start MSFS with a .bat file with Addon Linker. But then I don't get the fastlaunch option. This is the contents of the .bat: 

cd C:\ReShadeUWP-MSFS2020
inject.exe "FlightSimulator.exe" | powershell Start-Process -filepath explorer.exe  shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Thanks! My .bat file works fine (without FastLaunch), but I can't seem to get it to work from Addon Linker. I suspect it's because the .bat needs admin rights - which I set in the "Properties" of the desktop icon.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:55 AM, ThrottleUp said:

Sure. Mines not the best, as always these things are very subjective. I ramped up the color, vibrance and a little bloom to make sun glare during dawn/dusk more real.

Very nice! First picture has a lovely natural tone and colour.  I’ll have a look at a bit of bloom to my setting.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just updated to FinalLight's latest version, no issues. Haven't tried with DX12 yet but it's supposed to work. On my way north along the west coast of Canada as part of my world tour, and I'd really like to get replacement mod high lod working. But I think I have to throw in the towel on that one. Normal lod works fine. 

@MrBitstFlyer you mentioned some sharpening settings in Reshade, and that you disabled sharpening in usercfg, right? Can't seem to find your post on that one. And could you remind me what ReShade settings you're using for sharpening?

Just want the best visuals possible as I'm about to venture into the great wilderness and will spend many many hours overlooking spectacular nature 🙂 

Oh yeah, note to self: go back to SU9 as HDR in SU10 is not yet working as it should. 

7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks! My .bat file works fine (without FastLaunch), but I can't seem to get it to work from Addon Linker. I suspect it's because the .bat needs admin rights - which I set in the "Properties" of the desktop icon.

I can't see any way of getting FastLaunch to work when starting from the .bat file. 

EDIT: Someone posted a question about this to the author yesterday and he said he'll look into it. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@MrBitstFlyer you mentioned some sharpening settings in Reshade, and that you disabled sharpening in usercfg, right? Can't seem to find your post on that one. And could you remind me what ReShade settings you're using for sharpening?

I am using Lumasharp.fx in Reshade.  I turned off ALL other  sharpening in NVCP, UserCfg.opt and MSFS.  LumaSharp settings are very straightforward so you'll quickly get the setting just right for your setup.

I have just read an article about Radeon image sharpening which did well in test on this page.  There is a Reshade port of this sharpening technique at Github here.  Just about to give this one a go in MSFS.

Loving Reshade - I have my default profile I use and don't touch, but I also have a couple of testing profiles to check out alternative techniques, great fun!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

13 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just updated to FinalLight's latest version, no issues. Haven't tried with DX12 yet but it's supposed to work.

@MrBitstFlyer you mentioned some sharpening settings in Reshade, and that you disabled sharpening in usercfg, right? Can't seem to find your post on that one.

EDIT: Someone posted a question about this to the author yesterday and he said he'll look into it. 

I'm on SU9 +Reshade and DX12 worked well (surprisingly, as it didn't used to!). However - I went back to DX11 just in case!

The UserCfg.opt entry is under Graphics, then PostProcess ... Sharpen 0.

The FastLaunch option would be great. I restart the sim many times (as I fiddle about) and going through all those intros gets really irritating!

Just been watching the comparison landings video in this thread

Oh boy, the MSFS used in those comparisons would look so much better with the Map Replacement tool for extra detail,  plus a Reshade profile!

I am using the real life video to put my MSFS in exactly the same spot to have a good session in Reshade 🙂 

21 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I am using Lumasharp.fx in Reshade.  I turned off ALL other  sharpening in NVCP, UserCfg.opt and MSFS.  LumaSharp settings are very straightforward so you'll quickly get the setting just right for your setup.

Just got around to doing the same. Looks great! This really brings out those tiny details, like the rivets on the aircraft exterior. Using the default LumaSharp settings for now. 

ubXzd4p.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2