Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Hjet update now live in Content Manager

did my first flight with the update last night, certainly improved, i like this little bird, but do some you notice that the autopilot is still a bit 'meh' sometimes or is just me doing things the wrong way ?

one the things that annoys me is for example this :

• i am at 9000 feet stable, altimeter is set to 9000 feet so the plane should not move from there
  • the next TOD si coming so I arm the VNAV mode and i set my next altitude, it's my understanding that the plane should not move 'vertically' after doing this
  • As soon as i click the VNAV button the plane starts decending a few hundreds feet which imho it shouldn't do, then it stabilize after a few seconds for example at 8500 feet, then when reaching TOD all goes fine and it goes down well, but well, still for, a some time i was below the assigned altitude at 8500 instead of 9000 for no reason it seems, ATC wouldn't be very happy 🙊.

I really like this plane but, hmmm, still i can't just 100% trust it, i have some kind of love/hate relationship with it 😱😛

Thank you 🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

did my first flight with the update last night, certainly improved, i like this little bird, but do some you notice that the autopilot is still a bit 'meh' sometimes or is just me doing things the wrong way ?

one the things that annoys me is for example this :

• i am at 9000 feet stable, altimeter is set to 9000 feet so the plane should not move from there
  • the next TOD si coming so I arm the VNAV mode and i set my next altitude, it's my understanding that the plane should not move 'vertically' after doing this
  • As soon as i click the VNAV button the plane starts decending a few hundreds feet which imho it shouldn't do, then it stabilize after a few seconds for example at 8500 feet, then when reaching TOD all goes fine and it goes down well, but well, still for, a some time i was below the assigned altitude at 8500 instead of 9000 for no reason it seems, ATC wouldn't be very happy 🙊.

I really like this plane but, hmmm, still i can't just 100% trust it, i have some kind of love/hate relationship with it 😱😛

Thank you 🍻

Your VNAV issue was definitely noted before the latest update. This was supposedly fixed for v 1.04.  I have not tried VNAV since v 1.03, but I also haven't seen anyone on the HJet discord channel complaining about this vertical drop when first activating VNAV after the update.  If it's still occurring for you please report it and I'm positive Marwan will work with you to troubleshoot this. 

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

8 hours ago, billgustaf said:

Can’t buy in the online store.Keep-getting a message that another transaction has not completed, try back again. Is this normal? My first in sim purchase!

I've had / have this problem and went through all the remedies shown on Google even getting Zendesk advice.

What seems to work for me is to start MSFS through the MS Store app ensuring that you're logged in.

On the basic MSFS edition game page there is a start button.

Pushing that button to start the game seems to keep the store and game in sync but hey what do I know.

The XBox app as a start mechanism may also work in a similar way.

The Marketplace isn't as well implemented as I would have hoped. 

• Like 1

I've done several flights with the latest update. I love that Marwan fixed the default key commands for the AP. Now I can use my GoFlight RP48 to control the AP.

I'm still trying to figure out why the flight plan goes out of wack when I delete a way point or try to change an approach. This only happens if I use the MSFS planner to create or load a FP. If I create a FP in the HJet, it more receptive to changes.

This sim is so buggy it's hard to know where the issues initiate from. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, CFIJose said:

This sim is so buggy it's hard to know where the issues initiate from. 😀

The G3000 is your answer... I anxiously await the days when Working Title can complete their update (hopefully before year's end) 🙃

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

Thank you all for the troubleshooting tips. What finally worked for me was launching the sim from within the MS Store. I guess they want to be sure the Marketplace is using your most current payment credentials. Would sure help if their problem prompts were more accurately descriptive. Looks like a fine jet to enjoy!

• Like 1

Checking procedures for a first KDTW KORD test flight (HJet v1.0.4.).

I am not seeing any STARs for KORD.
Are other pilots seeing this?

Where does the Navdata come from for the G3000?

How to check the G3000 Navdata Cycle date?

Is there a HJet users manual / Tutor flight?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Are you using navigraph data? I believe this is a navigraph glitch in msfs airac data.

12 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Are you using navigraph data? I believe this is a navigraph glitch in msfs airac data.

Yes, I did use Navigraph data for the test flight seup.

However, I could switch to not using Navigraph if that is a confirmed problem with the HJet.

I had posted:

Best Regards,

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

However, I could switch to not using Navigraph if that is a confirmed problem with the HJet.

I had posted:

There's one with a YT video.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VRvjF4Tt90XmvKy2bpPn96S5TPyFAokm/edit

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is the 

6 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Your VNAV issue was definitely noted before the latest update. 

Has this been fixed? Am away from my PC.

30 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I had posted:

The G3000 pulls from the default airac data in MSFS (which can be overwritten with navigraph data) I've seen this problem at KORD with other default GPS when using navigraph and there's finger pointing between Navigraph and Asobo over this issue.

31 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

The G3000 pulls from the default airac data in MSFS (which can be overwritten with navigraph data) I've seen this problem at KORD with other default GPS when using navigraph and there's finger pointing between Navigraph and Asobo over this issue.

Thanks for confirming.

I will "unselect" Navigraph right now and test again with the default MSFS Navdata.

So, It appears the MSFS G3000 does not use any internal Garmin 3000 procedures Navdata Cycle.

Edit: Without Navigraph Navdata all Procedures (STARs) are now OK at KORD.

Thanks again for your follow up.

I now found this information on printed manual (I assume no PDF manual/tutor in the HJet product download / files to date.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/620358-waiting-for-printed-tutorial-and-documentation-for-hjet/

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

48 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Has this been fixed? Am away from my PC.

@Ricardo41 For me no, but result may vary 😜, i should probably report it with a little video but i would probably need to create a discord account for that (done only 2 flights though since the update, but i had the problem both times, once around 200 feets, once around 500 feet).

@vonmar below a little info about the KORD STARS, not sure if it applies to you but seems to work fine for me. The HJ uses the sim data but, if i understood correctly, if the sim data airport runways does not match with all navigraph arrivals/departures are removed by the sim. So sometimes it can happen because the airport data of the sim does not match the real data of navigraph that is usually more recent.

if you have navigraph and at least the 'deluxe' edition of the sim which contains the handcrafted Asobo KORD airport, by default it will not work, but if you move the entry in the content.xml between just after the fs-base entry and before the navigraph entry it will work.

->reference post (i wouldn't have figured it out by myself 🙈)-> https://forum.navigraph.com/t/no-stars-into-kord/3939

Not sure about other configurations though for people having only the standard version of the sim or no navigraph. This should also work if you have FSDT version KORD but i don't have it so couldn't test.

68KOZbp.jpg
QmUlWsl.jpg

🍻

Edited by Bad_T