Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Thanks Jan

For those who have a dual video card HP gaming laptop like me, what sort of frame rates are you getting on medium settings?

Edited by AOB
syntax error
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 2:53 AM, AOB said:

For those who have a dual video card HP gaming laptop like me, what sort of frame rates are you getting on medium settings?

For such a peculiar request I would change the title of your post. Did only attract me out of curiosity 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, DAD said:

For such a peculiar request I would change the title of your post. Did only attract me out of curiosity 

Is that because your real name is Jan?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It's a technique 🤣

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...

Jan says "100" 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bit of a mental lapse on  my part, I did not mean to use that as a title. If anyone knows how I can edit that or better still delete this thread entirely please let me know.

Edited by AOB

In addition to Jan, I would also like to thank the Academy…

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

20 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

In addition to Jan, I would also like to thank the Academy…

and all the little people...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AOB said:

Bit of a mental lapse on  my part, I did not mean to use that as a title. If anyone knows how I can edit that or better still delete this thread entirely please let me know.

No need for that I guess, it is actually a good title altough I in particular didn't quite understand what you mean by double card ? One onboard and a 2nd One you installed or some sort of NVIDIA SLI / AMD Crossfire ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...

49 minutes ago, AOB said:

Dont worry bout it, we've all been there at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AOB said:

A forum moderator could do it for you.  I hope there is one called Jan, as that would be double funny!  :laugh:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 hours ago, jcomm said:

No need for that I guess, it is actually a good title altough I in particular didn't quite understand what you mean by double card ? One onboard and a 2nd One you installed or some sort of NVIDIA SLI / AMD Crossfire ?

My machine is one that has two Video cards. The first is the Radeon Vega that is the one that handles most of the day to day laptop activities like email etc. The second is an Nvidia 1060 3gb one that is for games. I have updated my Ram now to 16gb but the video cards are not upgradeable unless I buy a better machine. I am thinking that if I do that then I will not have the fun of fiddling with it to get it to improve performance.

Device name LAPTOP-Q39LISMC

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (5.88 GB usable)

Device ID 50C04631-D709-485B-99E5-F74128045A46

Product ID 00325-81689-34537-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

• Like 1

Alright then. Do you (1) already have MSFS and want to get some comparison fps figures or (2) do just consider getting it based on the fps feedback from the community?

if (1) what are your fps numbers in a given location, like with the Fenix A320 on rwy 26L at EDDM you get 17 fps 

for (2) you may get the trial game pass which is/should still be around for 1 buck and then try MSFS 

just a start…

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Although the laptop is apparently over the minimum specification for MSFS,
you may well need to adopt settings that leave the experience woefully lacking.
You don't say whether you already have MSFS or if you are just asking if anyone else can run it on a device with the same specs.