Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flysimware C414AW out of beta!

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm struggling a bit with the fuel planner. It's easy when you've got full tanks. But outside of that situation, I can't seem to enter the correct fuel amount, even when following the manual. Which suggests to subtract "GAL REM" from 1001 to have "GAL REM" return to approximately zero. 

Have a look here: 

I couldn’t get my head around it myself at first.

You can either set the full amount - which is 206 IIRC.

Or you specify an amount - digit by digit - to add on top of the initial ‘remaining’ reading to match what you have in the tanks.

Edited by SuperKaro2014

1 minute ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

The Cessna 441 Conquest is the answer. 😇

sp

What was the question? 😉

Bert

18 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

I couldn’t get my head around it myself at first.

You can either set the full amount - which is 206 IIRC.

Or you specify an amount - digit by digit - to add on top of the initial ‘remaining’ reading to match what you have in the tanks.

Thanks, that video answered my question. Since you can't subtract fuel in the instrument, you can reset to zero by turning battery off, click the test switch, then turn the battery back on. Then specify the correct amount in the tanks. 

I've got a couple of more questions, but now that someone pointed me to the POH, I guess there's no excuse not to go look there first 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

56 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm struggling a bit with the fuel planner. It's easy when you've got full tanks. But outside of that situation, I can't seem to enter the correct fuel amount, even when following the manual. Which suggests to subtract "GAL REM" from 1001 to have "GAL REM" return to approximately zero. 

Check this video, it may help. It sure helped me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kR_ppkvOI

Edit: Sorry, didn't see it was already posted on the last page.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I've got a couple of more questions, but now that someone pointed me to the POH, I guess there's no excuse not to go look there first 😉

All right, there's another thing I can't get my head around. As per the POH the mixture should be leaned in cruise. But on the Flysimware Discord, there's opposing opinions. One opinion is this: 

"The C414 is turbocharged. Below the critical altitude there should be no need to change the mixture with altitude, because the engines don't see an altitude change."

Also, in JDs checklist, there's no mention of changing the mixture level except ensuring it's full rich prior to takeoff. 

I'm leaning (no pun intended) towards adjusting mixture based on altitude as in other piston engines, though. Anyone got an answer to this? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

All right, there's another thing I can't get my head around. As per the POH the mixture should be leaned in cruise. But on the Flysimware Discord, there's opposing opinions. One opinion is this: 

"The C414 is turbocharged. Below the critical altitude there should be no need to change the mixture with altitude, because the engines don't see an altitude change."

Also, in JDs checklist, there's no mention of changing the mixture level except ensuring it's full rich prior to takeoff. 

I'm leaning (no pun intended) towards adjusting mixture based on altitude as in other piston engines, though. Anyone got an answer to this? 

You don't need to lean for altitude. Check the first page of the manual. 

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is correct, and the C414 incorporates a special "turbo charger mixture control" addon that implements this.

Al

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You don't need to lean for altitude. Check the first page of the manual. 

Thanks! I knew I had read that before. Just thought it was on Discord. 

2 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

This one has been calling my name for a while.  Can anyone flying primarily in VR share their thoughts on how the 414 is in that regard? 

Now that its out of beta, I'm pretty eager to pull the trigger on it for a nice "in between" something like the 310 (which is excellent in VR) and Hjet (which needs a bit of work in VR, but otherwise is excellent).

I fly exclusively in VR with my HP Reverb G2 and the performance is outstanding. Almost like the standard GA planes. Also the feeling in VR sitting in that plane is undescribable. But basically that feeling I have with every plane. To sum up i can completely recommend the plane in VR and right now my pmdg and fenix is sitting in the hanger hehe

• Like 2

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

C441... Best Cessna twin ever. lol

sp

That depends on whether you like to fly turboprops... I personally prefer piston aircraft, so for me the C414 in MSFS is the logical follow on from the C421 that I flew in P3D, and FSX before it..

• Like 1

Bert

TDS GTN750xi in the 414.

52263496865_14bff92214_h.jpg

52263496690_313c3a7938_h.jpg

• Like 1