Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

What do you miss from FS9...

Guest Jimbofly

I'm f***ing sick of these anti-FSX threads.I figured it wouldn't take long for some tool to post about how great FS9 is.James

>I really miss "Fixed Spot View", - enabled you to turn your>aircraft in Spot View without your view doing the same. Would>be a great thing to have now because of the altered engine>sounds depending on your viewing angle. But maybe thats the>reason they dropped it; something to do with the sound being>messed up...(?)>>best regardsYou CAN do this by clicking the 'A' key a few times. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest smilinpete

Thanks, 3ra Luke.

>I'm f***ing sick of these anti-FSX threads.>>I figured it wouldn't take long for some tool to post about>how great FS9 is.>>JamesYou need to go take a breather for a while, James. Foruming has gotten to you.This has been a pleasant and friendly thread up until your post.

Guest tmilton

Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :-eek This is not an anti-FSX thread, and I don't see how anyone could perceive it as such. Also calling posters insulting names such as "tool" is not commendable behavior.This thread was simply about features that were present in FS9 but are missing in FSX. That's it. How one could arrive at the erroneous conclusion that the underlying purpose of this thread was to bash FSX and glorify FS9 is stupefying.I happen to like FSX, quite a bit in fact. However, I, as many other simmers, feel that some great features present in FS9 were eliminated in FSX and would simply like to express that. Maybe in the hopes that ACES will consider reintroducing them later. It's an exchange of ideas occurring here, giving ACES some feedback on what we would very much like to see incorporated again into FSX. That's all it is, nothing more and nothing less. ;-)

Guest Jimbofly

Yeah I probably did overreact but the post wasn't in reference to the OP but to the member having a go at L Adamson, which I really thought was out of line.Apologies for severity of post. Will amend.Update: tried to amend but the editing period had expired. Oh well...James

Guest Gemini76

I really miss the "fixed" spot view, where the view didn't turn with the plane. And where I could adjust the distance from the airplane from the menu, without that stupid zoom thingy.Another thing I miss is that every default plane worked; the lights and the brakes wasn't set to 100%. The brakes are easy to fix though.

Missed this thread originally, but since it has recently been revived, and I have just started flying FSX, here are the items which 'jump out' at me:1) FSNav2) EditVoicePack for voice acceleration3) My Reality GPS units4) The way the old FS9 log worked. I really do not like how the log file is handled in FSX.5) Ultimate Terrain for Canada/Alaska/Europe6) The use with TrackIR in FS9. With the FSX camera inclusions, especially within the VC, FSX has really upset the ease of use, and vantage points within the VC with TrackIR. Frustrating to find a good setting.I can handle the lower frame rates, as FSX is so much smoother overall.

I'm fine with FSX itself. The only thing I might miss is some addons that might not make the transition.

all the complaints about how FS8 ran better, faster FPS, and had all the addons ..but then when FS8 came out the issue was the same as people wished for FS7 as it has all the addons, ran faster ...... the circle of life: just change release number and keep the complaints the same.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>2) EditVoicePack for voice accelerationThere's no need to miss that! There is an FSX version (beta) available that has been working just fine for me for the past few months... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>2) EditVoicePack for voice accelerationWe have that for FSX. Google the EditVoicePack technology preview, there is a wiki of itRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

oops, ya beat me to it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB