Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

19 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Lamento escuchar eso. Vuelva a poner su avión en la puerta que estaba usando y vuelva a la posición personalizada. ¿Tiene algún nombre en los dos cuadros etiquetados como operadores de "Handling" y "Catering"? Si lo hace, siempre se usarán, por lo que GSX no le pedirá que elija uno. Cámbielos de nuevo a "predeterminado" si ve algo más en ellos.

I appreciate the help, in the airline codes section it is empty and in the Custom Texture handling and Catering box, it is in default, but I cannot choose anything because everything is empty in the inbox I can only choose default

On 9/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, Heavy Metal said:

So please just stand for your product and accept to take the heat (remember, the client is always right even if he is not). 

Is this sort of mentality even a thing anymore? 

Customers today tend to often exaggerate things or went out their frustration (could be anything not even related to the product or company) out on lower level employees (the hospitality industry, call centres etc), causing these jobs to be unbearable to work in. Just ask anybody who has ever worked in a customer-facing job (I have in the past). 

It causes unnecessary stress on employees, and in some other cases might be completely wrong because the might think they know the product better than the developer (in the case of Umberto) or share an opinion which cannot be reasoned with whatsoever in case they are having a bad day and wish to take their frustration out on others. 

I, for one, appreciate that Umberto tries to explain the technical details behind the process. GSX is one of my most missed addon's from the P3D times and while the MSFS version is not as mature yet we might be there one day. There's a reason why one should read reviews before buying or download the trial if there is one. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pere said:

I appreciate the help, in the airline codes section it is empty and in the Custom Texture handling and Catering box, it is in default, but I cannot choose anything because everything is empty in the inbox I can only choose default

You have no choices in those 2 boxes? There should be many airlines and handlers to pick from. I think you have a partial installation.

I suggest that you try running live update a couple of times, or possibly re-installing.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:48 AM, Pere said:

during the first 3 or 4 flights I could choose the airlines of my stairs, now it won't let me do that

One other setting that can be the cause is in GSX->Settings->Assistance services Auto Mode. When this is ticked the airline services will be chosen automatically for you.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Anyone had extremely slow download speed while trying too install GSX with universal installer. I’ve been though the FSDT forums & done all the recommended fixes ( firewall , defender off , allow Addon folder etc etc) but it’s still slow. My average connection 90Mbps 

I’ve had it installed once but now trying to install again it’s just not happening, very very frustrating, I seem too remember similar problems with GSX back in the P3D days.

don’t have problems installing other things just GSX 😡. I’ve read about the cloudflare thing & nodes etc , seems like I’m running out of options , any ideas???

2 hours ago, Riche said:

Anyone had extremely slow download speed while trying too install GSX with universal installer

Yep, it took many, many hours on my side.

You can resume the download if you need to shut down the PC though.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

3 hours ago, Riche said:

My average connection 90Mbps 

If you wrote this number correctly, that is 90 Mbits/s, you should probably expect something around 1 hour to install, since it takes about 5 minutes overall to install and download all updates on a 1Gb/s connection:

https://youtu.be/j_GYdmNFzVI

Sometimes issues of slow downloads might be just an ISP routing problems, I had problems like this with some sites, and those were usually solved using a VPN, which bypassed my ISP own routing, which can be easily confirmed by checking that packets take a different route even if I choose a VPN node in my own country.

This one is supposed to be quite good and doesn't have many limitations in free mode:

https://protonvpn.com/

Edited by virtuali

14 hours ago, MDFlier said:

¿ No tienes opciones en esas 2 cajas? Debería haber muchas aerolíneas y operadores para elegir. Creo que tienes una instalación parcial.

Le sugiero que intente ejecutar la actualización en vivo un par de veces, o posiblemente reinstalar.

Thank you all very much for the comments and for your help, I use the google translator since English is not my language, I will try to explain what happened briefly in case it can be useful to someone in the future, in my first installation of GSX use the "Program Files" folder, instead of "X86 Program Files" which is the default one, seeing that GSX did not work well I deleted the Addon Manager folder with RevounistallerPro, when I reinstalled the GSX program for the second time I did it in the "Program Files X86" folder, when GSX was first booted, it updated, but sent the files to the folder where it had been installed the first time "Program Files", I noticed by looking at the path when it was updated, Knowing about this problem, I uninstalled again with revo uninstaller pro, but after uninstalling (12.5GB), I cleaned the registry with CCleaner 2 times, every time I deleted the registry new ones came out to be deleted, it costs a lot to uninstall GSX, once Once this is done, reinstall the program in the "Program Files" folder and update, now everything seems to be going well, greetings

1 hour ago, Pere said:

Thank you all very much for the comments and for your help, I use the google translator since English is not my language, I will try to explain what happened briefly in case it can be useful to someone in the future, in my first installation of GSX use the "Program Files" folder, instead of "X86 Program Files" which is the default one, seeing that GSX did not work well I deleted the Addon Manager folder with RevounistallerPro, when I reinstalled the GSX program for the second time I did it in the "Program Files X86" folder, when GSX was first booted, it updated, but sent the files to the folder where it had been installed the first time "Program Files", I noticed by looking at the path when it was updated, Knowing about this problem, I uninstalled again with revo uninstaller pro, but after uninstalling (12.5GB), I cleaned the registry with CCleaner 2 times, every time I deleted the registry new ones came out to be deleted, it costs a lot to uninstall GSX, once Once this is done, reinstall the program in the "Program Files" folder and update, now everything seems to be going well, greetings

Excellent!!! I'm glad you found your problem. 

The empty drop down lists were a clear indicator that files were missing. I hope that you finally get some enjoyment out of the program.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

UPDATE - September 21st, 2022

• GSX Pro NEW: Menu system changed; Auto-close function has been removed.
  • GSX Pro NEW: It’s now possible to use a Hot key (Ctrl+Shift+F12 by default, can be configured) to call the menu if the Toolbar icon is Active.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Updated manual to explain how the menu behavior changed and how to configure the Hotkey. Fixed the PMDG 737 refueling example.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Menu options keys 0-9 no longer activate with Ctrl/Shift/Alt modifiers, causing services starting when changing cockpit views with the menu open.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Passengers created in Air when Boarding at Gates with Jetways starting inside Terminals with solid Roofs.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Error when Reloading SimBrief if the wrong username was used or there was no flight plan available online.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Error happening when returning to the Main Menu if Passengers were still being generated.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Service Doors not closing automatically at the end of Catering service.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Refueling stuck when closing menu before service.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Error when listing nearby airports if the airport cache wasn’t ready.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added new Handling operators: Iran Air, Iraqi Airways and Al-Burhan.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added new Jetway logos for some Japanese Banks.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Parking Spots with an empty Parking Name in the airport .BGL are now displayed as “Ramp”.
  • GSX (FSX/P3D): Fixed Marshaller/VGDS Fonts appearing at the wrong altitude.
  • FSDT Installer NEW: When downloading unencrypted airport files for FSDT sceneries bought on the Marketplace, their GSX profile will be downloaded as well.
  • FSDT Installer NEW: Fixed a problem with Danish locale, resulting in activation keys starting with “AA” not being recognized correctly.
  • FSDT Installer NEW: Fixed an error that could happen when clearing the temporary internet files cache before downloading files.
Edited by virtuali
  • Like 10

How do I get rid of the bloody fuelling truck? I didnt even request it but it came anyway and now I can't get pushback until it's gone? It won't go no matter what.

There needs to be a button to dismiss and stop services! Going to have to restart the flight.

Edited by jarmstro

14 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

How do I get rid of the bloody fuelling truck? I didnt even request it but it came anyway and now I can't get pushback until it's gone? It won't go no matter what.

Quoting from the manual, Page 27:

Detect custom aircraft system refueling

This option allows GSX to detect automatically when a 3rd party custom refueling system is starting to refuel, which will result in the GSX fuel truck being called
automatically. By default this option is disabled, since it might cause problems with some 3rd party planes.

More clearly, there isn't a single airplane in MSFS right now requires that option, which could be useful only in very specific cases, like a turnaround simulation that will result in the airplane refueling itself after some time, so that option might help GSX to keep up with that event, by sending its fuel truck automatically when it detects a change in fuel levels. That's why it's Disabled by default, it's a rarely required.

Or, it might be the NEXT option, same page of the manual:

Assistance Services “Auto” mode

This option makes GSX running on Autopilot, activating all its services in sequence, automatically. If you start from Deboarding or Boarding, the autopilot will call Cargo/Baggages services first, then Refueling and Catering at the same time. It will still be your responsibility to call Boarding when needed.

There needs to be an option to dismiss and stop services! Going to have to restart the flight.

Obviously not, you only need to reset GSX, either using the "Reset Position", or "Restart Couatl" button, which basically do the same thing.

Edited by virtuali

14 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Quoting from the manual, Page 27:

More clearly, there isn't a single airplane in MSFS right now requires that option, which could be useful only in very specific cases, like a turnaround simulation that will result in the airplane refueling itself after some time, so that option might help GSX to keep up with that event, by sending its fuel truck automatically when it detects a change in fuel levels. That's why it's Disabled by default, it's a rarely required.

Or, it might be the NEXT option, same page of the manual:

Obviously not, you only need to reset GSX, either using the "Reset Position", or "Restart Couatl" button, which basically do the same thing.

No, I meant there needs to be a button to stop refuelling, boarding, or whatever when things go wrong.