Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air First Flight Preview

They need to update their website.  The startup demo I watched had failures and deep systems modeling.  You can get hot and hung starts. 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

34 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

Note: This product is an INTERIOR AND SYSTEMS OVERHAUL ONLY  ...

I read this as no flight model changes. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

They need to update their website.  The startup demo I watched had failures and deep systems modeling.  You can get hot and hung starts. 

Which one did you watch?  I saw both of the JF previews and neither had the failure system similar to the Caravan.  In the Caravan you would access the failure system via the weather radar, where you could select either time based, random or MTBF failures.  Sounds like an actual release is imminent so we’ll all know soon enough 😊 

Edited by Gilandred

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Failures are implemented just like the Caravan. Pro tip: watch the video at the start of this thread.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Failures are implemented just like the Caravan. Pro tip: watch the video at the start of this thread.

I did earlier.  Can you give me a time stamp where it notes the failure system?  I didn’t see it.  For reference, this is the Caravan failure system:

Edited by Gilandred

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Buying this straight away. You get a discount if you bought the Caravan. 

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

49 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Can you give me a time stamp where it notes the failure system?

Watch closely and find it, you will. You can see the failure menu like in the Caravan on the weather radar.

Great in depth video though. Loved the “don’t be a child of the magenta line” at the end, lol. Night lighting looks absolutely superb, as it is in the Caravan. I’ll just quickly go and check their website again too see if it’s out. Hang on.

Nope, still not out.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

36 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I did earlier.  Can you give me a time stamp where it notes the failure system?  I didn’t see it.  For reference, this is the Caravan failure system:

He says it within the first 30 seconds. At second 8 he describes the new FAILURE SYSTEM in ver 1.1 of the Caravan and COMING IN the soon to be released King Air. 

Just listen. It’s crystal clear

-B

52 minutes ago, btacon said:

He says it within the first 30 seconds. At second 8 he describes the new FAILURE SYSTEM in ver 1.1 of the Caravan and COMING IN the soon to be released King Air. 

Just listen. It’s crystal clear

-B

Cool!  The manual must not be updated yet.  Good to hear.

Gary

The new King Air video also very clearly discusses and shows the same failure functions. It seems we can all relax, the failures will be there. Looks like a great product. It will be on my list to get.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

12 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I read this as no flight model changes. I hope I'm wrong.

From the "Detailed Description" section on the product page:

The Analog King Air features a slightly improved flight model compared to the default King Air 350i, with tweaks based on operator feedback online.

This is also what the Steam Gauge Caravan description says, however the Caravan had a later update with further adjustments to the flight model that brings it more in line with the published performance compared to the default Asobo Caravan.

• Like 1

Soooo where is it??? Might drop after SU10?

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Would love to hear an update from the devs. This is really the only release I'm eagerly awaiting!

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

3 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Would love to hear an update from the devs. This is really the only release I'm eagerly awaiting!

Same. Checking their webpage at least once I day - even though I should get an email notification 🙂 I'm really looking forward to this one. 

• Like 1