Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

enhanced 172

It's not a newly released enhancement, but this was just published today on Youtube.

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

its excellent and will get better and better

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Any tweaking of the Flight Model? I have a hard time spending the money I have spent on a fresh airplane for some mods to the default. 

• Like 2

I've plunged on ahead and got it. It's good. Very, very good.

It's not $25 good, but it's good. I'd say (my subjective opinion, obviously) that $10 to $15 would be much more reasonable for this. Freeware enhancement mods have done similar (or more) for, well, free.

Edited by aktorsyl

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

11 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Any tweaking of the Flight Model? I have a hard time spending the money I have spent on a fresh airplane for some mods to the default. 

I agree that the price is a bit steep in comparison to buying something like the C310. On the other hand, I just saw a video of a Skylane G1000 pilot who compared the flight model of the default C172 G1000 side-by-side with real life footage in different scenarios and in general he felt the flight model was pretty close to real life. I am definitely getting the mod but will wait for a sale 🙂.

Edited by JJ_
  • Like 1

Bought this today and went for a nice hour long flight.  Maybe a bit more expensive than I would prefer but I’m happy with the purchase.  It’s nice to have a relatively tame trainer like the C172 that I now have to really pay attention to checklists and gauges.  Certainly makes for an engaging experience.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The early reviews seem rather positive, but -- having been spoiled by A2A's C172 -- I'd like to ask those who have already purchased the add-on about a few details:

• Is it possible to start the engine using the proper technique, that is prime > mixture to idle cutoff > crank > mixture to rich after the engine starts?
  • Can you flood the engine, fail to start it if you don't prime properly, etc.?
  • Is the Cessna-style nose wheel properly modeled, that is, does the plane require differential braking to steer on "GA-sized" taxiways?

TIA,

Tym

43 minutes ago, tymk said:

The early reviews seem rather positive, but -- having been spoiled by A2A's C172 -- I'd like to ask those who have already purchased the add-on about a few details:

• Is it possible to start the engine using the proper technique, that is prime > mixture to idle cutoff > crank > mixture to rich after the engine starts?
  • Can you flood the engine, fail to start it if you don't prime properly, etc.?
  • Is the Cessna-style nose wheel properly modeled, that is, does the plane require differential braking to steer on "GA-sized" taxiways?

TIA,

Tym

Yes for first one. For the second one I haven't experienced flooded engine yet. For the third one real 172 doesn't require differential breaking to steer, only when you make steep turns.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

24 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes for first one. For the second one I haven't experienced flooded engine yet. For the third one real 172 doesn't require differential breaking to steer, only when you make steep turns.

Seems I do not have to use the 'correct', technique to start the mod. I just set full rich and engage starter. no need to prime. I didn't expect it to start without priming unless the engine was warm. However, I am able to start under any condition without priming.

• Like 1

Robin

1 minute ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Seems I do not have to use the 'correct', technique to start the mod. I just set full rich and engage starter. no need to prime. I didn't expect it to start without priming unless the engine was warm. However, I am able to start under any condition without priming.

According to developer manual engine start procedure is work in progress. So I assume they will fix it in later patches

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

According to developer manual engine start procedure is work in progress. So I assume they will fix it in later patches

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Thanks for that. It was the only 'big' flaw I have found. I'm off to go try spinning it. I was unable to spin the default Ver.

Robin

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Thanks! As for the steering thing, that's what I really meant: tight turns on narrower taxiways (typical of small GA airports), where rudder input alone is not enough. That's something that bugs me about the JPL C152 mod, for example, although it is otherwise quite nice -- it turns on a dime without touching the brakes.

Well, I haven't purchased anything for the sim in quite some time, so I guess I'll have to see for myself 😉

28 minutes ago, tymk said:

Thanks! As for the steering thing, that's what I really meant: tight turns on narrower taxiways (typical of small GA airports), where rudder input alone is not enough. That's something that bugs me about the JPL C152 mod, for example, although it is otherwise quite nice -- it turns on a dime without touching the brakes.

Well, I haven't purchased anything for the sim in quite some time, so I guess I'll have to see for myself 😉

No worries! I'm personally is waiting for King Air 

https://www.justflight.com/product/steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-king-air

• Like 1