Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think it is fixable... just a matter of Carenado deciding if they want to put the resources into it, or just move on..

Well, every time I email them (initially through Zendesk) I keep getting a similar reply of "we are currently and actively working on these fixes" but this has been since day one of release. Or my favorite: "Soon etc"

I really really like the plane and think its a blast to fly.

The last few times I was using it I was going at least 2-3 hours without any FPS loss, avionics/battery dumping. It was after messing with the intelligent standby list cleaner (an app) and after following fs2020 simmers on youtube. Q8pilot had a video as well about the best possible settings so I followed him as well. Snake oil? Probably? But if these settings are allowing me to finally fly the pmdg 737 or dc6 for over 5-6 hours then I'd say I'm happy.

I was about ready to take a long break I was getting so annoyed with the fps degradation and ctd's. Again, snake oil? Probably.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I have their Seneca and still like to fly that from time to time. After the FSW 414 I sort of shelved it though.

I mean, I have the c22-J (from sim market) and fly this more than I have any other Carenado product I've owned. That jet is a blast and it was about 10 dollars. That was worth every penny. Carenado products? Hit or miss.

Edited by Sonosusto
stuff

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

54 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I really really like the plane and think its a blast to fly.

I agree.. it is a nice airplane... but some of the bugs, like the CDI bar only moving to the right, and not to the left, really take away from the experience.  Especially when I know that they could fix that in 10 minutes.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I agree.. it is a nice airplane... but some of the bugs, like the CDI bar only moving to the right, and not to the left, really take away from the experience.  Especially when I know that they could fix that in 10 minutes.

Yeah. That kind of reminds me of a different developer, too. NexGen Simulations released the EMB in a relatively poor state (still has bugs etc) but JayDee (you know who) fixed the plane with several mods.

Too bad Carenado won't allow this.

Okay, so I don't know whether this is just me - though it doesn't when I fly any other aircraft - or whether it's a known bug, but when I start rolling down the runway, the rudder just flips over to the left, and I end up trundling through the airport instead of down the runway. Rudder pedal action makes no difference at all. Even with a slow roll, keeping the torque very low, still the aircraft pulls violently over to the left. Essentially, I haven't been able to take off at all, so the couple of flights I've had have been ones that I've started in the air.

1 hour ago, shaunmartin said:

Okay, so I don't know whether this is just me - though it doesn't when I fly any other aircraft - or whether it's a known bug, but when I start rolling down the runway, the rudder just flips over to the left, and I end up trundling through the airport instead of down the runway. Rudder pedal action makes no difference at all. Even with a slow roll, keeping the torque very low, still the aircraft pulls violently over to the left. Essentially, I haven't been able to take off at all, so the couple of flights I've had have been ones that I've started in the air.

It is overly sensitive to crosswinds on taxi... is that what is happening to you?

For the PC12, I turn surface winds off, before I taxi..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is overly sensitive to crosswinds on taxi... is that what is happening to you?

For the PC12, I turn surface winds off, before I taxi..

I mentioned about the rudder authority/taxi/ground roll behavior and they really didn't reply on the matter. I stated that the plane is all over the place while taking off sometimes. They said, "use differential braking" and left it at that.

Gee. Thanks, Carenado. I get it and understand but the plane has some issues.

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

I mentioned about the rudder authority/taxi/ground roll behavior and they really didn't reply on the matter. I stated that the plane is all over the place while taking off sometimes. They said, "use differential braking" and left it at that.

Gee. Thanks, Carenado. I get it and understand but the plane has some issues.

They tell me that they are working on a update.. but no ETA..

Hopefully the main issues listed above, and which they are well aware of, will be fixed.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

This plane is a piece of junk, plain and simple. 

I mean, I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to cheap toy planes in the sim, but this is just unbelievably awful. Yeah, it sort of flies, but that's about it. 

Just delete this word not allowed from your hard drive and don't look back, would be my advice. 

9 hours ago, shaunmartin said:

Yep - me too, I think I did one flight where I took off. Now I simply veer off into the grass (the last few times to the right). Rudder control does very little. Differential braking does help, but basically - the plane is pretty much unflyable. I have not been in the air enough to see any of the other problems mentioned here.

Too bad refunds are not a thing. I bought a few Carenado planes in XP11 - I think I will give them a miss from here on out. Bit of a shame.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

17 hours ago, shaunmartin said:

Hi. Do you have the flight model on “Modern”? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHI4S05aLMc&t=3s

Timestamps: Introduction 0:00 Taxi, takeoff, climb and cruise autopilot parameters 0:52 PC-12 Legacy Flight Deck 1:14 Before Taxiing 1:25 Taxiing 3:20 Before Takeoff 4:10 Line Up Check 5:40 Ready for Takeoff 6:13 Takeoff 6:27 Climb 7:45 Cruise 10:21 PC-12 Legacy Flight Deck 11:38

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

18 hours ago, Doering said:

Hi. Do you have the flight model on “Modern”? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHI4S05aLMc&t=3s

That is a great video. I just wish my version of the plane flew like that! I would be very happy. I cannot even get the trim controls to do anything. I suspect that the trim controls are actually trimming (perhaps), but the indicators never do anything. And as for taxiing out, it is very hard to maintain slow speed and of course direction. No beta as far as I can tell, and you really need that to taxi. And taking off - forget it. Nothing at all like that video.

I flew the Carenado PC12 in XP11 with few problems. I flew this plane a LOT in PC11, so am fairly familiar with it.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

@kneighbour Sorry to hear about the PC-12 issues. The trim controls definitely work. When I adjust the trims from the controller, I see them move accordingly on the indicators on the console. I have made 7 videos with this plane and I have not experienced any of the reported problems other than the battery drain after 1-1.5 hours of flight time (turn on the external power is the go to fix for now). Really perplexed how this aircraft can be so good yet so bad for others. There has to some central conflict problem with the aircraft config and the specific computer/controller setup? I guess I should count my lucky stars for this one! I do hope Carenado issues a new version that rectifies the reported problems.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Just turned the flight model to legacy, turned off the torque and was able to take off. It still pulled slightly to the left but was a huge improvement. question is, why was it pulling so hard to the left in the first place? This aircraft is beautiful, I like the sounds, and the cockpit is awesome, but that flight model ...