Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

On 11/7/2022 at 5:40 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Others have reported similar behavior in the PC12.. no fix though..

Maybe the upcoming PC12 update will fix it..

I put in a bug report to Carenado. They actually replied saying that there is an update due out 'this month' (this month being November 22). So good news there.

I actually did a normal flight last night - took off normally and everything. Even landed ok. Did not use ILS or anything, but everything worked. Even the trim seemed to work. Magic stuff. No idea why this flight worked as there was a 12 kt crosswind and everything! It is nice when things work, that is for sure.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

12 minutes ago, kneighbour said:

I put in a bug report to Carenado. They actually replied saying that there is an update due out 'this month' (this month being November 22). So good news there.

I actually did a normal flight last night - took off normally and everything. Even landed ok. Did not use ILS or anything, but everything worked. Even the trim seemed to work. Magic stuff. No idea why this flight worked as there was a 12 kt crosswind and everything! It is nice when things work, that is for sure.

Congrats! Things work out when you keep the glass half full!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I have owned the PC12 for several weeks. I agree about the problems already stated. I have noticed them also. The multifunction display has stopped working for me. I have tried reinstalling the plane and clearing the cache, but no change. Has anyone else had a problem with the multifunction display no turning on

Down loaded the patch and now the avionics are blank - both digital instrument displays, the Avidyn, and both GPSs. Anyone else come across this issue?

22 minutes ago, Swinden said:

Down loaded the patch and now the avionics are blank - both digital instrument displays, the Avidyn, and both GPSs. Anyone else come across this issue?

Any addons active?

Bert

I have the Garmin 750 installed but in-active.....let me take them out of the community folder and give it a try.  But I wouldn't think that to affect the avionics display.

Edited by Swinden

How were the patch improvements?  I have been holding off for a patch.   

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

37 minutes ago, Swinden said:

Since the patch it is in the hangar, no addons, without instruments not even attempting to fly it.

Trevor Golding

14 hours ago, trevg said:

Since the patch it is in the hangar, no addons, without instruments not even attempting to fly it.

But lots of people don't have this problem Trevor, so it must be solvable.  I hope you find it. 

It is a fairly solid aircraft now, and it will be a waste of money if you give up on it.  Do you have the latest G1000NXi installed from the marketplace?  I think you need both versions installed.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 hours ago, trevg said:

I removed the WT GNS 530/430 and the gauges came back.

But, for me, it still seems to taxi way too fast. Unless that is normal?

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I did NOT remove the WT GNS 530/430 and the gauges are all there.

Carenado PC-12 update 1.1, MSFS SU 11 beta, WT 530/430 1.0.1 beta

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

But, for me, it still seems to taxi way too fast. Unless that is normal?

Do you need to move the condition lever back?  I will try this later.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Do you need to move the condition lever back?  I will try this later.

I moved it back as far as possible and it still seemed to fast to me.

Rick Abshier

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

I did NOT remove the WT GNS 530/430 and the gauges are all there.

Carenado PC-12 update 1.1, MSFS SU 11 beta, WT 530/430 1.0.1 beta

spacer.png

I think the difference for me is that I'm using the PMS50 GTN750. That seems to be the issue for now when using the WT 530/430.

Rick Abshier

59 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

the PMS50 GTN750. That seems to be the issue for now when using the WT 530/430.

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]11/18/2022 5:56 AM

"Right now we do not support this configuration, as both units have their own built in autopilot interaction code and internal flight plan systems

We are looking ways around this limitation for switchable cockpits, but there won't be any possible solution to make them work actively in the same panel at the same time"

https://discord.com/channels/750764704175226992/1040727793736102000

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.