Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

This plane's buggier than a mangy dog's fur. 

And no patch in sight, close to 6 weeks after release. Ha ha. 

I should have listened to my gut. Looks like Carenado is added to the list of developers I won't buy from at this point.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 10/12/2022 at 6:41 PM, Sonosusto said:

I should have listened to my gut. Looks like Carenado is added to the list of developers I won't buy from at this point.

You are not alone. I give up that. The pilatus was so close and fun. but useless.

Best regards

Nico

• Upvote 1

Nicolaus Malmgren

I never buy anything from them anymore. Way too many passionate developers around to waste time on anything less. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Irony at it's best- EVERY SINGLE Carenado release has the same disappointed feedback- and yet we go like moths to a flame.  There's no minimizing the power of aesthetics.... ah well.

C

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

9 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Irony at it's best- EVERY SINGLE Carenado release has the same disappointed feedback- and yet we go like moths to a flame.  There's no minimizing the power of aesthetics.... ah well.

C

Doesn’t work on me. I hear the name and don’t bother to look.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

This thing has been out for months and my turboprop PC-12 still sounds like a 1960 ford farm tractor without a muffler. This thing is junk. NEVER again Coranado. Oh. And my batteries are still discharging.

Wonder if Black Square can come up with something to fix this thing(I wish), Carenado sure hasn't done anything.

Edited by Daytona125

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

One of life’s little mysteries in this hobby and not only for Carenado - how an aircraft is golden for some with minor or no issues and problems from the get go for others.

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

This thing has been out for months and my turboprop PC-12 still sounds like a 1960 ford farm tractor without a muffler. This thing is junk. NEVER again Coranado. Oh. And my batteries are still discharging.

Wonder if Black Square can come up with something to fix this thing(I wish), Carenado sure hasn't done anything.

SWS (the Kodiak guys) are working on a PC12.. just have to be patient.. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

SWS (the Kodiak guys) are working on a PC12.. just have to be patient.. 😉

Thanks Bert. I am patiently waiting. If it’s as good as their fantastic Kodiak I will be a very happy person!

Edited by Daytona125

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

20 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

C

This is not the case in MSFS.  The v35, d17s and beech 18 have been very reasonable especially for 15 USD.  The v35 hits poh values and I like how it flies.  

Maybe they just bit off more then they could chew with the PC12.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

44 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

This is not the case in MSFS.  The v35, d17s and beech 18 have been very reasonable especially for 15 USD.  The v35 hits poh values and I like how it flies.  

The 15 bucks planes are MS planes ("Microsoft/Carenado"). Seems they do better quality control for these. But no manual, at least I haven't found one yet. The v35 is great, I agree 😄

Edited by rka

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

21 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

C

That's a good point and I've been doing it for a very long time! Sometimes it works out OK, I like the 337 and the V35 for MSFS but the PC12 is a major disappointment.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Ryan-

I can only hope Asobo will be as concerned about the non-MSFS branded Carenado product line, as they seem to be with those you mention.  I too am guilty- I bought their Mooney, Seminole and Waco... 

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I think it is fixable... just a matter of Carenado deciding if they want to put the resources into it, or just move on..

Bert