Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Please insert your MS Game disk

On one start up I got a screen:

I had to quit, I do not have a Game Disk

It took a couple more PC re-boots and start MSFS before I got back into MSFS.

What's going on?

Is everyone supposed to get an Update today?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

same here ... cheers

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

29 minutes ago, vonmar said:

On one start up I got a screen:

I had to quit, I do not have a Game Disk

It took a couple more PC re-boots and start MSFS before I got back into MSFS.

What's going on?

Is everyone supposed to get an Update today?

Usually happens to me on loss of internet connectivity.

• Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

The thing I like best about this error message is, even if you did have a "Game Disk" - where would you insert it? Well over 90% of all new computers sold over the past two years - laptop or desktop, do not include any kind of optical drive. And you need a modern computer to run MSFS in the first place.

The error message might as well say "Please connect dot matrix printer to parallel port".

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, enright said:

The thing I like best about this error message is, even if you did have a "Game Disk" - where would you insert it? Well over 90% of all new computers sold over the past two years - laptop or desktop, do not include any kind of optical drive. And you need a modern computer to run MSFS in the first place.

The error message might as well say "Please connect dot matrix printer to parallel port".

I totally agree with you ! :-)

1 hour ago, enright said:

This kind of printer is really noisy, and where could we find Win 10 or 11 drivers ?
With this, you can use such a printer under Linux !

Note : I'm also joking.

19 hours ago, enright said:

What are you talking about??? I still load some games to my Commodore 64 using my cassette recorder! Including FS2.....get up to date man! 😉

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

46 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

That's why I keep some 3.5" floppy disks handy at all times!

Problems arise when you fumble up the order of disks and can't find where you put disk 506.

The solution has been given on the main post on the SU10 Beta:

Read the link provided by Car147 reply: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-insert-the-msfs-game-disk-with-beta-only/540595/233

Edited by lagaffe
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

13 minutes ago, lagaffe said:

The solution has been given on the main post on the SU10 Beta:

Read the link provided by Car147 reply: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-insert-the-msfs-game-disk-with-beta-only/540595/233

It does not work for all, I still have the problem and can not use the SU10 beta, ans I am not alone.

Greetings  Kurt

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

On 9/14/2022 at 2:17 PM, Vindeballe said:

It does not work for all, I still have the problem and can not use the SU10 beta, ans I am not alone.

Greetings  Kurt

just happend to me the first time ever under SU 11 beta, not enroled to Windows gaming preview, just double checked, MSFS keeps telling me to insert the disk. funny

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 9/13/2022 at 4:33 PM, enright said:

or:

"Keyboard not found. Press Y/N to continue"

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.