Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

we need FFTF for MSFS2020 -

10 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

FFTF automatically and dynamically makes the changes...instead of manually making the changes to obtain the same results. By dynamically and automatically making the changes, you do not have to press the ESC key, then go into the general options, then manually adjust the TLOD, then press the ESC key, and then resume your flight.

Sure, you can obtain the same results by manually pressing all of these keys, but FFTF does this automatically as you continue to fly...

But why do people with obviously better hardware have issues with TLOD? I use 300 and get a constantly smooth experience. Not sure the fault is on MSFS' side here.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

39 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

But why do people with obviously better hardware have issues with TLOD? I use 300 and get a constantly smooth experience. Not sure the fault is on MSFS' side here.

Because they might have other settings higher than you or use 4K ( don’t know if you are using 2k or 4K) and might use planes that are more taxing on their pc than yours…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Because they might have other settings higher than you or use 4K ( don’t know if you are using 2k or 4K) and might use planes that are more taxing on their pc than yours…

I am using using 4k and have all settings on ultra, FBW A320 and Hondajet mostly. Don't know!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I am using using 4k and have all settings on ultra, FBW A320 and Hondajet mostly. Don't know!

Likewise. I'm also using AIG AI Traffic and at iniBuild Heathrow with 80 odd AI aircraft in the sim the FPS dips into the low 20's. So if its OK with you I actually like the OP's idea of a program like FFTF that could automatically lower Terrain LOD as you get closer to the ground and give me back a few FPS on approach and landing. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

Likewise. I'm also using AIG AI Traffic and at iniBuild Heathrow with 80 odd AI aircraft in the sim the FPS dips into the low 20's. So if its OK with you I actually like the OP's idea of a program like FFTF that could automatically lower Terrain LOD as you get closer to the ground and give me back a few FPS on approach and landing. 

Thats totally fine with me. Anyway if i had to chose, i'd go for a program that reduces AI traffic automatically. But thats totally not my problem tbh.

7 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I'll bet you a million $$ you're not able to run the PMDG 737 out of EDDF with TLOD of 300, and worse yet, to return to that airport (or any very complex airport) and maintain smooth stutter-free at 30FPS.  You might post your hardware specs.  Something is vastly different in your setup as you're a party of one with this claim.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I'll bet you a million $$ you're not able to run the PMDG 737 out of EDDF with TLOD of 300, and worse yet, to return to that airport (or any very complex airport) and maintain smooth stutter-free at 30FPS.  You might post your hardware specs.  Something is vastly different in your setup as you're a party of one with this claim.

Well good for me that i have no interest in betting and the PMDG 737. Everything else runs as stated above.

Specs are:

i9-9900k@5,0Ghz

RTX3080

64GB RAM

and so on.

Im not here to prove anything to anyone. Thats just the way MSFS runs for me. Cant help!

49 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Im not here to prove anything to anyone. Thats just the way MSFS runs for me. Cant help!

Ahh, but you can help, by adding more information!  You came into the discussion claiming a very different experience than others, and at this point we have no explanation, and of course, there is one.  We have virtually identical systems, except my 9900K only needs to prerender 2/3 of what you do roughly as I am running at 3440x1440--and that's huge!  You have double the SRAM, and I don't know which RTX3080 you have for VRAM content.  The impact of 64Gb of SRAM never helped anyone else in anything that profound, so that doesn't explain it at all.  People with far stronger CPU's than ours report the same issue w/ regard to the need to reduce T-LOD in complex scenarios in complex planes especially upon arrival, in order to reduce the impact on the main thread and this is, by all accounts I read, is just the way it is.  Since you made the claim it would be helpful to see all of the relavent details:  how do you have MSFS setup?  Are you running FPS unlocked, or locked, or Vsync'd, or do you use Gsync?  Are you running the SU10 Beta?  DX12 or DX11?  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Ahh, but you can help, by adding more information!  You came into the discussion claiming a very different experience than others, and at this point we have no explanation, and of course, there is one.  We have virtually identical systems, except my 9900K only needs to prerender 2/3 of what you do roughly as I am running at 3440x1440--and that's huge!  You have double the SRAM, and I don't know which RTX3080 you have for VRAM content.  The impact of 64Gb of SRAM never helped anyone else in anything that profound, so that doesn't explain it at all.  People with far stronger CPU's than ours report the same issue w/ regard to the need to reduce T-LOD in complex scenarios in complex planes especially upon arrival, in order to reduce the impact on the main thread and this is, by all accounts I read, is just the way it is.  Since you made the claim it would be helpful to see all of the relavent details:  how do you have MSFS setup?  Are you running FPS unlocked, or locked, or Vsync'd, or do you use Gsync?  Are you running the SU10 Beta?  DX12 or DX11?  

Lets see:

My MSFS is pretty much stock Steam Version. Some mods here and there (WT G3000, FBW320NX and Navigraph). My Monitor which is a 78" Samsung 4k Television  (not sure about the exact model but it is some three years old now) is set to 30Hz with Vsync on outside and inside the Sim. The TV is running in game mode. Last Session was SU10 Beta on DX11. Havent tried 12 yet but will surely do at some point. TBH i havent spent too much time monitoring things like GPU/CPU load, Temps etc. since i was just happy with how thing were going. I hear my CPU roar sometimes when panning around but i believe its rendering of Scenery. I had some stuttering when inside clouds (ultra setings) which immediately caused the GPU to spool up but that seems to be solved with the latest version.

My GPU is an MSI Ventus 3x OC .

I am really no tech guru or anything i just set everything up and went flying. Keep in mind this applies to the current version. I of course had situation with low performance in the past.

To add, i am running FS2Crew's FBW320 Version and their RAAS System which both i can really recommend.

AIG is set up too.

Hope this helps in some way but i can imagine that the above is still pretty much an average setup.

Best regards

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Hope this helps in some way but i can imagine that the above is still pretty much an average setup.

Thanks for all of that, but I don't think it helps.  You said 4K, all Ultra.  Two things might add critical info:

1.  Post a screenshot of your General Options settings.

2.  Depart anywhere from say 100m away, and then land at say EDDF, or if you'd rather into KJFK or KLAX.  Be in DevMode so its frame rate OSD is present as you are flying.  Hit your PC's PrintScrn button and capture a screenshot at around 10K AGL on your descent, then another immediately before or as the plane touches down, and post them.

It could be the SU10 Beta has improved the picture and if so I have something very nice to look forward to as I'm not on it!

Cheers n Thanks

Noel

11 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Lets see:

My MSFS is pretty much stock Steam Version. Some mods here and there (WT G3000, FBW320NX and Navigraph). My Monitor which is a 78" Samsung 4k Television  (not sure about the exact model but it is some three years old now) is set to 30Hz with Vsync on outside and inside the Sim. The TV is running in game mode. Last Session was SU10 Beta on DX11. Havent tried 12 yet but will surely do at some point. TBH i havent spent too much time monitoring things like GPU/CPU load, Temps etc. since i was just happy with how thing were going. I hear my CPU roar sometimes when panning around but i believe its rendering of Scenery. I had some stuttering when inside clouds (ultra setings) which immediately caused the GPU to spool up but that seems to be solved with the latest version.

My GPU is an MSI Ventus 3x OC .

I am really no tech guru or anything i just set everything up and went flying. Keep in mind this applies to the current version. I of course had situation with low performance in the past.

To add, i am running FS2Crew's FBW320 Version and their RAAS System which both i can really recommend.

AIG is set up too.

Best regards

Good for you that you have a stable sim.

Others are interested in such a program so good for them.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This Sim needs a dynamic LOD pronto, make it optional so those with wonder machines can turn it off if they doesn't need it.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

This Sim needs a dynamic LOD pronto, make it optional so those with wonder machines can turn it off if they doesn't need it.

Yes, but do we know if this isn't already happening, we're just unawares of when and how it happens?  I ask this because quite often I am blown away by how good performance is with the level of detail you see in complex airports including AI traffic and all the rest.  So what I'm suggesting is perhaps Asobo is already exploiting a dynamic optimizer and it is this that allows us to get this high level of graphic detail and quality w/o severe performance degredation.

• Like 1

Noel

The above being said I just was in the B78X HD at FDST's KORD.   I set T-LOD at 140 and MainThread was 26-27ms, which equates to being on the early onset stutters w/ Vsync to 30FPS all settings otherwise maxed for 3440x1440. You notice the frame rate dipping down to 28 or 29 and with it stuttering.  So I take a close look at my surroundings, taxiing to 10L out of KORD, and I switch to T-LOD of 10, the lowest setting in the slider.  I see no difference outside the plane!  However MT is now at 16-17ms.  Yes, there appears to be serious room for improvement!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel