Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Please Phil Taylor help us with the "wierd aircraft" pr...

Guest bertvankampen

What is causing this aircraft behaviour in FSX; even before you fly with it; so i mean when i choose an default FSX aircraft the"viewwindow"is showing the "weird" ones.I have really done everything 'people'in the forums have already adviced. But nothing helped sofar.There is one way left; ACES the designer of FSX.Thank you inadvance.Kind regards.Bert

How many people are seeing this problem? All or a few?Happens on clean RTM? Happens on clean SP1? By that I mean absolutely no add-ons, no changes, nothing. Is it only on nV 7xxx series?

Bert that might be a video driver problem. I've seen video corruption issues with the following:1) overclocking2) bad video driver3) Direct3D problemPlease post your vid hardware and vid driver version. And whether or not you are overclocking.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

hmmm whenever I've seen that happen my card has been on the way out....What's your temps ?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

As others have posted, this is usually either:1)a graphics card/driver problem2)a missing texture with the aircraftIts hard to tell from a screenshot what specific issue a specific config may have. There is no magic.The fact that everyone doesnt see this indicates it is, usually, a local problem.

Phil,That was my picture from the other day. I tried:- reinstalling / changing graphics drivers,- stress testing my graphics card to see if it was on the way out (it was good),- reinstalling FSX and SP1,- reinstalling said aircraft (LDS 767), and even- cyring :-( Yesterday, I took out the big broom and installed XP, FSX and my few FSX treasures on my second hard drive. After about 15 hours of flying, I haven't seen textures like this since, whereas before I could conjur them up in about 10 mins.An extreme approach to fixing the problem, but it seems to have extremely worked!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest tmilton

I used to see this when the fan on my video card started malfunctioning, and some of the symptoms displayed were corrupted aircraft and ground textures. It is possible that high temperatures can cause this. A new replacement fan fixed the problem for me, although I'm not saying that this is the same etiology as in your case.Bert, can you list your system specifications? And what are the temps that you're getting while running FSX?

Which kind of points to a graphic driver problem. It's not always easy to clean every last bit of driver out of a system. There may still have been something sitting around from another set of drivers, or, even something else.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I'm getting this problem on my setup. It only occurs when switching between windowed and full screen (as far as I can see)I'm running my FSX+SP1 (clean no addons) on a P4 3.4 H/T laptop with a ATI 256mb graphics card - it can't be anything fancy though

Alaister Kay

I even used driver cleaner, which supposedly finds every scrap left over from an uninstall and kills them, but it didn't make a cracker of a difference. Not to worry, things still seem to be working fine now with XP reinstalled.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Btw, we had someone with this issue in our 747 for FSX beta as well... so it's probably a bit more widespread than just a few users. I can get more details from the tester...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bertvankampen

>Bert that might be a video driver problem. I've seen video>corruption issues with the following:>1) overclocking>2) bad video driver>3) Direct3D problem>>Please post your vid hardware and vid driver version. And>whether or not you are overclocking.>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorianhi Rhett,1. no overclocking2. latest drivers 162.15 94.24 and older certified ones tried always after cleaning.3. latest version of DX9.0C4. tried on old P4 3200 and brand new pc cor2duo E6600videocard 7600GT 256MB regardsBert

>How many people are seeing this problem? All or a few?>>Happens on clean RTM? Happens on clean SP1? >>By that I mean absolutely no add-ons, no changes, nothing. >>Is it only on nV 7xxx series?>Phil,When flying on my "Round the world flight" over Japan (see link at bottom), at the settings I was using at the time, I received quite a few out of memory errors...Generally these errors would occur immediately after I switched from a VC view to an outside view and what I would see are images of my aircraft very similar to those above.Winding back my sliders a touch cured the problem including the OOM errors. Please note that the problem occurred for me at least 4 times before I tried the adjustment to the sliders, after which they never occurred again. Once past Japan and it's hugely complex and detailed scenery in FSX, I was able to wind my sliders back up to their previous position with no ill effects.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest thx1137

I had that only once. It was when I purchased the Wilco 737 upgrade for FSX. The wilco site had a whole stack of liveries but it wasn't obvious that they wouldn't work properly in FSX. I removed the liveries and went back to the default then all was well again.Steven.