Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

FENIX Hotfix out

Has the issue with the cockpit placard not showing the livery reg and selcal been fixed? I saw @DAD's screenshot above showing a Northwest reg while I'm still getting the default Fenix reg with my liveries (from flightsim.to). Do I need to reinstall liveries?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

13 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Has the issue with the cockpit placard not showing the livery reg and selcal been fixed? I saw @DAD's screenshot above showing a Northwest reg while I'm still getting the default Fenix reg with my liveries (from flightsim.to). Do I need to reinstall liveries?

Didn't see any of that on the changelog posted above. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't see any of that on the changelog posted above. 

That's why I'm asking because I see screenshots from time to time showing the correct regs, while I still see the default Fenix ones and there's nothing in the changelog.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 9/28/2022 at 5:37 PM, pmplayer said:

Hi Aamir, 

what happens to the contrails, are they coming back ?

cheers 😉

Yes, what happened with the contrails? Is it on Asobo or Fenix?

@Aamir

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

35 minutes ago, threegreen said:

That's why I'm asking because I see screenshots from time to time showing the correct regs, while I still see the default Fenix ones and there's nothing in the changelog.

it's worth trying a fenix livery - sometimes it can be down to the 3rd party author setting up their configs also.

Aamir Thacker

56 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Just about to say what Amir said below. I use only „official“ liveries which may obviously support this feature out of the box

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

This should work with any livery if you follow this rule:

1/ Check the root directory name of the livery you are having trouble with. It should be in the format of  fnx-aircraft-320-ABCDEF  (where ABCDEF is variable and just an example - The rest should be exactly as shown).

2/ Check the "title" line in the aircraft.cfg file for the livery you having trouble with. It should be in the format of  title = "FenixA320_ABCDEF" (where ABCDEF is variable and just an example - Ther rest should be exactly as shown).

Rule: The "ABCDEF" portion of both must match - If they do not, then the registration and SELCAL will not show correctly for that livery.

Example: If the root directory name of a livery is fnx-aircraft-A320-aircanada, then the title line in the aircraft.cfg file must be title = "FenixA320_aircanada"

Also note that the information that will display in the cockpit comes from the "cockpitsetup.xml" file in the root directory for each livery. The info is read from the "registration value" and "selcal value" lines.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

2 hours ago, Aamir said:

it's worth trying a fenix livery - sometimes it can be down to the 3rd party author setting up their configs also.

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

This should work with any livery if you follow this rule:

Thanks. I just checked this for one of the liveries from flightsim.to. Root folder and aircraft.cfg title match exactly. I also put the livery back into the MSFS community folder since I have my stuff (including Fenix A320) installed elsewhere outside of the sim, so I thought maybe this broke something. The reg and selcal are correct in the aircraft.cfg file but they still won't show in the cockpit. I checked a stock Fenix livery and that one works.

Still not sure if this means the bug isn't fixed yet or if this is just something on my end or an issue with 3rd party liveries.

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Still not sure if this means the bug isn't fixed yet or if this is just something on my end or an issue with 3rd party liveries.

Not sure. All of my repaints are downloaded from flightsim.to and all of them are working correctly. I had to edit some of them to get them to work as I described above, but other than that I have never had a problem.

Can you copy and paste the root directory name and the title line of your example here? Maybe there’s something you’ve missed.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

19 hours ago, Barnes said:

Can you copy and paste the root directory name and the title line of your example here? Maybe there’s something you’ve missed.

Root folder name is fnx-aircraft-320-UALN475UA. The title in the aircraft.cfg is title = "FenixA320_UALN475UA".

46 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Root folder name is fnx-aircraft-320-UALN475UA. The title in the aircraft.cfg is title = "FenixA320_UALN475UA".

Looks like you are missing the A from A320 in your root folder name. If you use addons linker, don’t forget to re-link the folder after you have renamed it.

Edit - Just realized I also missed the A in my example above - Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

41 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Looks like you are missing the A from A320 in your root folder name. If you use addons linker, don’t forget to re-link the folder after you have renamed it.

Edit - Just realized I also missed the A in my example above - Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Still doesn't work, even with the A in the root folder name. The Fenix itself also has only 320 in the root folder name, without the A.

33 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Still doesn't work, even with the A in the root folder name. The Fenix itself also has only 320 in the root folder name, without the A.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

• Like 1

David Webster

Is anyone seeing an improvement in the landing characteristics of this airplane after the hotfix?

I certainly am not. 2 flights in a row now. Perfectly lined up on the C/L at TD and by the time I can hit the reversers, she's off the runway and into the grass.

I am getting very frustrated with the Fenix. I think I'm going to park it until the landing issues get fixed for good. I've wasted several hour and a half chunks of time flying a perfect flight only to go off into the dirt at the end. When that happens, I don't even bother to go any further, I just shut down the sim. Even my "good" landings can best be described as "squirrely" on roll out. Takes all the fun out of flying.

Reminds me of going out with my ex-wife. Sometimes things ended well, sometimes it was a s@#$ show.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

6 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Is anyone seeing an improvement in the landing characteristics of this airplane after the hotfix?

I certainly am not. 2 flights in a row now. Perfectly lined up on the C/L at TD and by the time I can hit the reversers, she's off the runway and into the grass.

I am getting very frustrated with the Fenix. I think I'm going to park it until the landing issues get fixed for good. I've wasted several hour and a half chunks of time flying a perfect flight only to go off into the dirt at the end. When that happens, I don't even bother to go any further, I just shut down the sim. Even my "good" landings can best be described as "squirrely" on roll out. Takes all the fun out of flying.

Reminds me of going out with my ex-wife. Sometimes things ended well, sometimes it was a s@#$ show.

This might help Follow link posted on this thread regarding friction values.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.