Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

Unable to play after SU10

Since SU I haven‘t been able to complete a single flight in VR. I have massive stutters and jittering (I don‘t know the correct term), either right from the start of a flight or after a certain amount of time. When I move my head a tiny bit and no matter how slowly, the image on the displays and menus „jump around“ making it impossible to play. I used to have this before occasionally and when that was the case, which was very rarely, rebooting did the trick. But now it‘s on every flight in the Fenix or the default A320. I tried lowering the settings but that doesn‘t help. DLSS doesn’t change anything. I did a complete reinstall of the sim as well but that didn‘t help either. I’ve tinkered around with the OpenXR Toolkit and tried without it, to no avail. I‘m really at a loss at the moment. As far as I can tell I can tell it mainly happens at 3rd party airports. With SU9 the sim was stable and I had acceptable frame rates even at big 3rd party airports with AIG traffic, GSX and all sorts of addons running but now even a small airport such as Krakow brings the sim to its knees. Has anybody experienced similar issues? Any tipps would be greatly appreciated. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Since SU I haven‘t been able to complete a single flight in VR. I have massive stutters and jittering (I don‘t know the correct term), either right from the start of a flight or after a certain amount of time. When I move my head a tiny bit and no matter how slowly, the image on the displays and menus „jump around“ making it impossible to play. I used to have this before occasionally and when that was the case, which was very rarely, rebooting did the trick. But now it‘s on every flight in the Fenix or the default A320. I tried lowering the settings but that doesn‘t help. DLSS doesn’t change anything. I did a complete reinstall of the sim as well but that didn‘t help either. I’ve tinkered around with the OpenXR Toolkit and tried without it, to no avail. I‘m really at a loss at the moment. As far as I can tell I can tell it mainly happens at 3rd party airports. With SU9 the sim was stable and I had acceptable frame rates even at big 3rd party airports with AIG traffic, GSX and all sorts of addons running but now even a small airport such as Krakow brings the sim to its knees. Has anybody experienced similar issues? Any tipps would be greatly appreciated. 

What version of windows are you on? I had the se experience with the latest feature update of Windows 11

7 hours ago, nrm83 said:

What version of windows are you on? I had the se experience with the latest feature update of Windows 11

Thanks for replying. I‘m on windows 10.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I‘ve spend some more time trying to figure out what‘s wrong. I tried without OpenXR dev tool and I‘ve also updated all my drivers (lates Game Ready Nvidia driver). That didn‘t help. It seems that frame rates aren‘t the problem. I get constant 37-40 fps in the Fenix with relatively high settings and it feels smooth. It‘s when I move my head that things get weird. It‘s as if the image flashes up slightly offset 2-3 times per second. Especially bright objects such as lights, text or displays are affected. On my monitor I can‘t see it. I also tried other VR games and they run just fine. Really frustrating to say the least. 

Edited by Shack95

Yes I’ve been having a really hard time with VR stability after update. I think what you’re referring to is screen “tearing” which is usually associated with v sync settings. I haven’t been able to figure out where it’s coming from possibly memory related. Using vive pro 2 on a 3080Ti… I did roll back to the last GRD on nvidias websight which helped a bit but still having issues. 

Tom

Edited by HighFlyer310
  • Like 1

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, HighFlyer310 said:

Yes I’ve been having a really hard time with VR stability after update. I think what you’re referring to is screen “tearing” which is usually associated with v sync settings. I haven’t been able to figure out where it’s coming from possibly memory related. Using vive pro 2 on a 3080Ti… I did roll back to the last GRD on nvidias websight which helped a bit but still having issues. 

Tom

Thanks a lot. You’re right, it seems to be screen tearing. Now I know what to search for. I‘ve just noticed that there‘s a new Nvidia game ready driver available. I‘m going to install that one and see how it goes. 

Edit: The latest driver didn‘t help either. 

Edited by Shack95

Is HAGS on or off? I have had mine turned back on after a feature update from Windows.

• Like 1

Robin

41 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Is HAGS on or off? I have had mine turned back on after a feature update from Windows.

It's off.

Shack95, I am having the same or a similar problem. With me the program just freezes (turns black if using VR headset) for 10 or more seconds then starts again. I have been troubleshooting since day one and have gotten nowhere. The new 517 driver didn't help. I have tried DX 11 and DX 12.  I am on Windows 10.

I am in the process of backing up my files. I plan on nuking the C drive and installing Win 11. I will then reinstall FSFS and DCS.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

@jmig sorry to hear that. I hope it will work out for you. That would be plan b then, I guess. 

I have to turn off motion reprojection in all 3 places to get at least 30% more  fps (and get rid of  watery screen):

1 In the MSFS Options VR Graphics 

2 In the OpenXr Toolkit screen settings: System, Motion Reprojection disabled

3 and in the OpenXr Tools settings: Motion Reprojection disabled.

(2 and 3 are not the same app). I have to turn all 3 off.

Turning off HAGS is huge, it almost doubles my frame rate 22 to 39.

HAGS setting is well hidden in Windows 11 (and I  think Win 11 turns in on by default, unlike Win 10).

Settings, Display, Advanced Display, Graphics, Change Default Graphic Settings, HAGS off.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks a lot for your support @Fielder. Unfortunately that doesn‘t work either. 

Deleting the Content.xml file and the Simulator.dat files seems to have solved the problem. Thanks to everyone who helped me sorting this out!

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Deleting the Content.xml file and the Simulator.dat files seems to have solved the problem. Thanks to everyone who helped me sorting this out!

Thanks ! I filed this away in my important stuff location. If I run into odd behavior I'm going to  back up those two files and then delete them. Could fix lots of issues!

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.