Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Just Flight 747 classic and A300 coming to MSFS

https://www.justflight.com/articles/p3d-development-halted-for-our-747-classic-and-a300b4200

Interesting about the A300 as I'd think iniBuilds would also eventually put out their A300 for MSFS after the A310. In any case, the widebodies and long-haulers can't come soon enough for MSFS!, be they retro or more modern

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Wonder what ol abrams have to say about this. 😉

As you stated lwt1971 there may be two competing A300's in the future. Going to be hard to beat Inibuilds though if they bring theirs over from X series.

• Like 1

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

31 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

As you stated lwt1971 there may be two competing A300's in the future. Going to be hard to beat Inibuilds though if they bring theirs over from X series.

Different generations of A300 though.

JF is modelling the 3-crew A300B4 analogue flightdeck w. Dual INS installations, while ini is the more advanced 2-crew A300B6 w. Semi glass-cockpit and FMS, plus a plethora of other upgrades such as more powerful engines, increased range, increased MTOW etc. The last B6 was delivered as late as 2008(?).

I can actually see a successful market for both, since they are very different to operate, especially in flightsim because you are a one-man crew.

• Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

3 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

JF is modelling the 3-crew A300B4 analogue flightdeck w. Dual INS installations, while ini is the more advanced 2-crew A300B6 w. Semi glass-cockpit and FMS, plus a plethora of other upgrades such as more powerful engines, increased range, increased MTOW etc. The last B6 was delivered as late as 2008(?).

I can actually see a successful market for both, since they are very different to operate, especially in flightsim because you are a one-man crew.

Good to know as I'm not familiar with this aircraft. Great to have different optioins.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Just now, SAS443 said:

JF is modelling the 3-crew A300B4 analogue flightdeck w. Dual INS installations,

If someone can pull off a fully-functioning INS for MSFS that alone would be enough for me to use it.  I have had a lot of fun with the Michael Cependa DC-8-50 in P3D with its CIVA INS.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Wonder what ol abrams have to say about this. 

I already made comments about this in the thread that was moved from here in the MSFS forum to the Hangar forum.

This is a nice get for MSFS but a loss for P3D. Oh well, Just Flight has to pay their bills, pay their rent, pay their employees,  and the money is in MSFS now.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I hope they're as detailed as their BAe-146! I also hope they add a digital FMS to both of these aircraft as most if not all 747-100, 200's and A300B4's have been fitted with a digital FMS.

I will buy these regardless, I just love flying the challenging classic jetliners.

49 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I hope they're as detailed as their BAe-146!

Just Flight is the publisher not the developer kind of like Aerosoft and I sure hope its more detailed than the 146 which lacks behind the PMDG 737, Fenix A320 and the Maddog MD82 as far as systems.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

Hey, remember when P3D die-hards were saying MSFS was going to die off and wasn't a viable simulator? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

• Like 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I want a modern FedEx A300. Seems like ini is the way to go. 

Eric 

18 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Hey, remember when P3D die-hards were saying MSFS was going to die off and wasn't a viable simulator? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

It was the same argument with FSX/P3D v3 to P3D v4 argument. its just the same simulator only on a 64 bit platform such nonsense from the boomers. Whats even worse is the boomers from the X series that claim they have something new and revolutionary. My word not allowed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Just Flight is the publisher not the developer kind of like Aerosoft and I sure hope its more detailed than the 146 which lacks behind the PMDG 737, Fenix A320 and the Maddog MD82 as far as systems.

Not the developer of what? They sure developed the 146. 
I am pretty sure the 747 and 300 are in-house as well.

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 minute ago, espent said:

Not the developer of what? They sure developed the 146. 

Think of it this way MSFS is a Microsoft product, but developed by Asobo. Kapeesh?

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Think of it this way MSFS is a Microsoft product, but developed by Asobo. Kapeesh?

That is not the same thing at all!!!

just Flight is both a dev and a publisher. Comprende?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //