Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

Beta 7 is out

During file updates, looked like a couple scenery files and the rest controller voices. 😐

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Hi,

Networking is one of the items that was fixed.

• Like 4

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

seems like they added KBTV Burlington to the custom scenery folder, what's so special about this airport?

6 hours ago, UKflyer said:

Beta 7 out but no release notes yet

here they are

Beta 7

• XPD-13130 – networked computer view (ex-visuals) FREEZE in beta 5.
  • XPD-13076 – Crash Dev Assert test_b5 branch.
  • XPD-13111 – S76: Front wheel moves violently with rudder input.
  • XPD-13098 – No landing clearance on VFR circuit at KBED.
  • XPD-13041 – KBED Needs Controllers and Traffic Pattern.
  • XPD-12892 – Change the “Did you know” text during load.
  • XPD-12843 – Sound levels in 844X need some work.
  • XPD-13148 – Regression in XPLMPlaceUserAtLocation() function with gear position.
  • XPD-13137 – R22 engine materials tuning.
  • XPD-13109 – Beech Baron altimeter only uses millibar.
  • XPD-13096 – “SDK XPLMPlaceUserAtLocation”.
  • XPD-13067 – Minor tweaks to roof decals.
  • XPD-13058 – Increase windspeed limit in manual weather setup.
  • XPD-12234 – Bug report: Without flight path from networked multiplayer planes.
  • XPD-13118 – G1000 Popout does not brighten or dim when using the panel brightness or avionics knob.
  • XPD-13116 – Baron B58 – Panel switch must be on to show avionics (530/KX/ADF).
  • XPD-13110 – Cylinder head temperatures in default SR22 go off the scale on long flights.
  • XPD-13074 – Further tuning of Schleicher ASK-21 glider.
  • XPD-12909 – Add KBTV Burlington to Custom Scenery folder (airport with custom objects for Austin).
  • XPD-12435 – Below GS light illuminating on 737 even if not within warning mode envelope.
  • XPD-12350 – Airbus replay incorrect.
  • XPD-12286 – At a FISO field, “request taxi for departure” should be “tailnum, type, (local area|circuits|returning today), X POB”.
  • XPD-13119 – “Show Extra Aircraft” Checkbox displays out of date help message.
  • XPD-13115 – Southwest Airlines stopped using “Cactus” callsign in 2015.
  • XPD-13105 – A330 radios are inoperative.
  • XPD-12771 – Engine anti-ice warning lights and valve lights on default 737 have wrong logic.

• Like 3

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

• XPD-12909 – Add KBTV Burlington to Custom Scenery folder (airport with custom objects for Austin).

LOL

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

So what exactly got fixed here? This is another list of bugs and actually more than Beta 6.

I honestly couldn't find much, because for me XP12 has been working flawlessly since day1, less everytime I run the scenery updater and it breaks the symbolic links for the SimHeaven Forests. It's a simple click on the .BAT file to fix it 🙂

But a friend who is using XP12 on a MacBook Pro has filled a bug and it was fixed in Beta 6. Others have seen their problems addressed in successive betas, so, I am sure LR are busy at making XP12.0 Final... Then, and at least for a couple of years, XP12 will evolve into something progressively more mature and pleasurable to "vly" ( virtually fly )... and sometime in the future your youtube channel will most probably show, again, the charm of X-Plane in this new reincarnation, at the same time your honest juddgement and requests will continue to populate threads. That's POSITIVE, because having someone who criticizes with honest opinion and not infected by the typical biased word not allowed-ism is wholesome!

P.S.: Ah! Forgot one detail I have noticed since Beta6 - turbulence that even under less windy / gusting conditions keeps your aircraft a bit more "active" accross it's path.

It was probably due to feedback by X-Plane users who are also MFS users and reported that people were saying XP12 was now feeling "on-rails" compared to MFS 🙂

Provided they keep it acceptable and within limits for the reported / forecast weather conditions, it's good to have. They just have to make sure it doesn't escalate into what sometimes MFS is doing in it's latest versions...

Future: For me, while I wait for the LES Mitsubish MU-2J whose upgrade I bought and it's going to debut in XP12 anytime soon, I dream of having budget to buy the CL 650 and the upgraded iXEG 737-300 which I never bought for XP11. 

Zibo is my next install, maybe this week if I get the time... But simming is pretty much 98% XP12 to me now so, I am sure it'll get installed sooner or later 🙂

Edited by jcomm
typos...
  • Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

6 hours ago, Greazer said:

So what exactly got fixed here? This is another list of bugs and actually more than Beta 6.

I think more important question is what didn't get fixed and isn't marked as a known issue?

like is the wingflex sorted?

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

41 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I think more important question is what didn't get fixed and isn't marked as a known issue?

like is the wingflex sorted?

Apparently ... nope 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would like to know if and when they are going to include better texture files to help improve the scenery.  Seems like a doable thing to me, and might go a long way to improve the general scenery ... which to some (including me) seems to be a big issue.  I am not asking or want photo realistic scenery, but just a little more refined and believable.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I would like to know what is going on with "Better cloud shapes" and "Performance tuning"

Until then my XP12 is on standby...............

Bruno

Bruno 

56 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I would like to know what is going on with "Better cloud shapes" and "Performance tuning"

apparently it's in beta version 500

16 hours ago, Greazer said:

As far as I can tell they've really only been posting the fix list for issues that were reported by users. Additional fixes/features sometimes get mentioned in blog writeups, but not always.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...