Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwantmydc3

Wilco/Feelthere broken promises

Guest dwaohio

Wilco/Feelthere anounced when FSX was released that there airplanes would be updated for FSX at the begining of the year (2007). Since then one plane as been converted the 737 and that was in June. Since FSX Wilco/Feelthere have released 4 new products and service packs for does products. My questions are:1. Should Wilco/Feelthere release new products before upgrading the rest of the aircraft as promised.2. Do you think that Feelthere as enough man power to work on new projects and update the old once in the time frame given?3. Is Wilco/Feelthere bringing out new products to develope new funds and letting there old customer suffer. Basically is it a greedy move?4. Is Wilco/feelthere bringing out new products because they do not have the funds to update the old products as promised. Remember they already collected the money but no updates. I know people who bought the FS9 version since FSX release and using on FS9 and than being able to use it on FSX also. 5. Is this just bad business practice by the two companies?6. Knowing all this would you purchase any more aricraft from them? Do you trust them?

There are quite a few vendors that promised this. Flightscenery promised an fsx version of the portland 2004 scenery that has never materialized and the guy doesn't even maintain or read his own forums any more on this issue. I hear he has moved on to other projects. Obviously I feel that is shady as is your wilco issue. The software industry gets away with a lot of deceptive practices because you can't return it and get no recourse as a customer other than not buying from them again. In any other industry there would be consequences for this type of behavior.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Which aircraft aren't FX compatible? Just wondering, didn't own any for FS9 so not sure if there were more for FS9 than are listed on the wilco website.Also, the 737 was a free update for FSX compatibility so that's a plus, not sure if they are doing a full upgrade to an FSX only version.Sort of new to the whole wilco/feelthere entanglement so not up to date on all the bad vibes, and haven't had as bad an experience as most.Ian.

Guest dwaohio

A400M , A380 and Caravan Deluxe

the only FEELTHERE aircrafts not updated to FSX are the Caravan (but it does work to fly) and the CRJs. feelthere has never given an update schedule nor plan for the CRJs nor the caravan.the A300M and A380 ARE NOT feelthere products.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I cannot speak to the quality of Wilco/Feelthere products, as I do not own any, but I do know that any company that releases a product, collects your money flawlessly, then when the download system goes wankers and people cannot get the product they paid for, responds to criticism by posting on their website that anyone who starts a thread about the messed up product download system will be banned from their forums...Well, suffice it to say I will never give them a dime.

As a generic response, I think many vendors found the changes from FS9 to FSX much more significant that initially envisioned. Plus SP1 threw another wrench in the works and many were gun shy about releasing a pre SP1 package. FSX has introduced a new level of animation and detail along with a new level of complexity and computer power required. And most vendors understand there is little head room for complex add-ons and some may just give up on FSX. Bob..

Guest Hocking

Here is my lesson learned from this entire FSX experience. From this point forth, I will not upgrade to the next MSFS until after at least one year (maybe 18 months) from its initial release date. It is not worth the headaches, and most of the great Add-Ons that really make MSFS what it is won't be available until around that time anyway. Furthermore, since MSFS wants to release a game that is designed to be ran on future generation hardware, why not wait and get it when that future generation hardware is available. I would imaging that it will be at least another year until I have FSX running up to par with how I have FS9 running now, and for most of the great add-ons to be available for FSX. That means it will probably be another year after that when the next MSFS will be due to come out. No thanks, I will wait and continue to play FSX up through about 2011 or after.

Well, it's a two-edged sword that we're discussing here.On one hand, we, the FSX end-users, are extremely impatient and push the developers to release add-ons. On the other hand we demand add-ons that are exponentially more complex and detailed compared to what we've seen before.I have to hand it to the folks to Wilco/FT, because they have been very consistently pushing out new planes and I am sure they have been incredibly busy with the releases of the Airbus, the Citation X and the port of the 737-3/4/5 series to FSX.You can debate about the quality of the products all you want, but you definitively cannot complain that they haven't been pushing out add-ons, because they (and Eaglesoft) have been by far the the most active add-on developer for FSX so far and pop out add-ons far faster compared to PMDG or LevelD, who create a pre-hype years ahead about future products. Wilco/FT announces a product a few weeks/months in advance and they more or less quietly deliver.I'd be careful with statements like "broken promises", because then you'd probably have to complain about every single developer.PMDG 737NGX/A320? LevelD 757? PSS FSX Ports? Dreamfleet? AirSimmer A320? FEX? GEX?Pat

Guest dwaohio

Pat,To play devils advocate here. Does not Wilco/Feelthere have an obligation to finish what they have started before going on to another project. Your right they have come out with citation and Airbus and as you stated..."because they have been very consistently pushing out new planes and I am sure they have been incredibly busy with the releases of the Airbus, the Citation X... "Maybe they should have completed the projects that they promised the comsumer to have done at the begining of the year before going on to the Citation and Airbus.That is a broken promise as I see it.

First off, the publishers are under no obligation to updated any of there FS9 products to FSX unless the stated so on the original product. There were addons released for FS9 that stated that there will be a free upgrade to FSX when it came out and so there is an obligation there to do what they said. But planes like the Feel there 737 are done with no obligation to do so, and we should commend the publishers for doing this at there own cost. FSX has changed many things and developers are having to rethink a little to get products to work correctly so i guess the first few released may have unseen bugs until all of them are sorted out. I am in no way giveng them any excuse for the way some of them carry on, certainly im not happy with the way Wilco cant even provide there customers with a forum to discuss issues it seems the least they can do, but then we live in a changing world where everyone wants something for nothing and people just cant be satisfied anymore, and we are worse off for it.

Guest dwaohio

You forget about the people who purchased the planes after Wilco/Feelthere stated they would upgrade for free early 2007. The people that purchased the product with a timeline in mind. Has Wilco/Feelthere not broken a promise to the consumer by not releasing the update early 2007 and publishing other products first before releasing the update.

Well, they did release the 737 FSX update and I am sure that the CRJ will follow soon. I wouldn't give a dime for statements, like "early 2007", because it really, really doesn't mean anything. At least it is good to hear that updates are planned.Where are the *free* compatibility updates from other companies with the exception of Carenado and the F1 ATR? PMDG won't have any, Eaglesoft and LVLD charges for FSX updates.I am not sure what you expect, although I do understand that you're frustrated with the wait.Pat

I don't want to get OT, but it was mentioned above, and I did not know where else to respond..."Flightscenery promised an fsx version of the portland 2004 scenery that has never materialized and the guy doesn't even maintain or read his own forums any more on this issue. I hear he has moved on to other projects."Vauchez hasn't mentioned no future updates that I saw. He has been intensly involved in the AirlinerXP project, and from reading the forums, there has been a slight delay in the release of the Airbus. I am sure he will resume on Flight Scenery after that. At least that is what I hope. There is certainly alot of crazy stuff that goes on now a days with Devs, but I don't think Flgiht Scenery is one to be concerned about. I myself am not too happy with the Feelthere/Wilco stuff that has taken place recently, but time will tell I quess. Anyway, sorry to get OT. I thought this would be the place to express my feelings on the matter.

Guest abulaafia

again and again and again ... stay away from that company. there are enough threads on the forums showing that they are only ripping people off. their products are rubbish and their service non-existent. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Need AI? Check www.world-of-ai.com!