Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air out now

KingAir Barber pole - Calibrated Airspeed and the Mach Limit

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

57 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Possibly.  I did a runway start though so everything should have been set for that.  

Ryan. You need to open at least one bleed.  Usually done after takeoff but before needing pressurization 
-B

PS. I have same setup. Plane is flying on TDS flight plan and just arrived at 26,000. No issues. 

47 minutes ago, btacon said:

Ryan. You need to open at least one bleed.  Usually done after takeoff but before needing pressurization 
-B

PS. I have same setup. Plane is flying on TDS flight plan and just arrived at 26,000. No issues. 

What about an altitude selection below FL180?  Above this you'll set 29.92 or 1013.25 mb so it should be fine.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

What about an altitude selection below FL180?  Above this you'll set 29.92 or 1013.25 mb so it should be fine.

I flew twice today one flight was at FL290 and another at FL150. Both time I used "bleeds on" (as per checklists). I did dial the correct altitude during climb out on pressurization dial ( I always add +1000 ft to my cruising altitude)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I flew twice today one flight was at FL290 and another at FL150. Both time I used "bleeds on" (as per checklists). I did dial the correct altitude during climb out on pressurization dial ( I always add +1000 ft to my cruising altitude)

Under FL180 with an altimeter other than 29.92 your plane is climbing to the correct altitude?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

Under FL180 with an altimeter other than 29.92 your plane is climbing to the correct altitude?

Yes!

37 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes!

Weird.  Today my sim was saying wind 362 at 25 KT so maybe it was a fluke.  This was a readout with shift z stats not the GTN.

I checked again with bleed air on (both).   I'm not sure if this is technically correct but the pressurization failure was giving me erroneous altimeter readout.  The AP now climbs to the appropriate altitude.

I'm still doubting that not pressurizing the plane correctly would make the altimeter read incorrectly.  Does anyone know about this with certainty?

Anyway the plane is becoming one of my favorites...  this radar shows precip to my left and it correlates out the window - super cool!

52436333468_86395074fd_k.jpgKAWxradar by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

And confirmed visually about 20 miles down the road

52436094344_d2a08c4ba6_k.jpgKAWxradar2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

If any of you guy are nostalgic for the good old FSX days, this guy Synoxys made the Yakutat Mail Run mission with the default King Air and the Milviz C310. He showed me a tool through which you are able to change the plane for the mission to anything you want. In this case, the Black Square (obviously :D). I haven't tried it out yet, but am going to right now. This was one of my favorite missions in FSX.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Weird.  Today my sim was saying wind 362 at 25 KT so maybe it was a fluke.  This was a readout with shift z stats not the GTN.

I checked again with bleed air on (both).   I'm not sure if this is technically correct but the pressurization failure was giving me erroneous altimeter readout.  The AP now climbs to the appropriate altitude.

I'm still doubting that not pressurizing the plane correctly would make the altimeter read incorrectly.  Does anyone know about this with certainty?

Anyway the plane is becoming one of my favorites...  this radar shows precip to my left and it correlates out the window - super cool!

KAWxradar by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

And confirmed visually about 20 miles down the road

KAWxradar2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Did you by any chance look at failures (in radar menu)? Did you try to reset them? I had one pressurization alarm when I forgot to set cruising altitude on pressurization dial . I was worried that next flight something get messed up after that, so I reset all "failures" and "fixed" everything. Since then I never had an issue!

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Did you by any chance look at failures (in radar menu)? Did you try to reset them? I had one pressurization alarm when I forgot to set cruising altitude on pressurization dial . I was worried that next flight something get messed up after that, so I reset all "failures" and "fixed" everything. Since then I never had an issue!

I did not think to check that.  I'll give it a look thanks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Can't believe how much fun I'm having with this aircraft it reminds me of flying the Majestic Q400!

I'm slowly getting sucked into the rabbit hole just purchased premium subscription for the GTN570.

What yoke setups are you using that works well with this aircraft?

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

so I purchased the BS KA 350 and do love it. I did a trip from Italy to Ireland and had to emergency land because fuel was getting low. I got the block fuel amount from Simbrief. But I think the profile might be wonky. how does everyone plan their trips in the KA350i and what performance tables do you use?

I think the Simbrief profile is for a B200 which I assume consumes less fuel then the B350.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello

i'm trying to start the aircraft from cold and dark status but the engine number 2 doesn't work correctly. The ignition and engine start 2 only works when i swtich on the auto ignition switch 2 (it doesn't have a single function as the engine 1 switches). Aditionally, the R Gen never works.

Anyone has the same problem?. The aircraft works perfect when you start the flight on the runway, but it doesn't work correctly on the cold and dark status.

Thank you!