Sign in to follow this  
RW1

PMDG 737 Update is out.

12 hours ago, Mike T said:

I agree - Lest we forget that the 737 is STILL in "early-release" (aka beta). There are a TON of things to be fixed, large and small, before it even gets back to the level of the Prepar3d version. There is still a lot of work to do beyond the EFB, ACARS, WX Radar, and Simbrief integration. As the saying goes: don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

I didn't see anything in their webstore that said this was an "early-release" (aka beta) product.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

12 hours ago, Mike T said:

I agree - Lest we forget that the 737 is STILL in "early-release" (aka beta). There are a TON of things to be fixed, large and small, before it even gets back to the level of the Prepar3d version. There is still a lot of work to do beyond the EFB, ACARS, WX Radar, and Simbrief integration. As the saying goes: don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Dont spread any wrong information here. Its not early access, no beta or anything else, nothing mentioned on the website of PMDG. Its a released product.

• Like 3

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

7 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Dont spread any wrong information here. Its not early access, no beta or anything else, nothing mentioned on the website of PMDG. Its a released product.

Categorically false. Randazzo's words have been pretty clear that the 737 product line is being sold as an Early Adopter program. The revenue of your purchase has paid for new developers that are making interior cabins, EFB, etc. That's exactly what an early access is: Using cash flow to complete a product.

Captain Randazzo has mentioned this at least 4 times.

Edited by WestAir
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Hmm, i dont care what Captain Randazzo mentiones anywhere. I buy according the information on the Website / Onlineshop. Thats what is legally binding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Just now, Paladin2005 said:

Hmm, i dont care what Captain Randazzo mentiones anywhere. I buy according the information on the Website / Onlineshop. Thats what is legally binding.

Okay, but you said Mike was wrong that this was an Early Adopter product.

Captain Randazzo calls it that. So don't tell someone they're wrong, get corrected, then reply that you don't care. That's just poor behavior.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I said i dont care what is said by anyone from the developers anywhere.

For me, decisive is, what is mentioned on the official shop or website where i buy it. Thats all.

So saying its a beta product - is wrong in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

1 minute ago, Paladin2005 said:

I said i dont care what is said by anyone from the developers anywhere.

For me, decisive is, what is mentioned on the official shop or website where i buy it. Thats all.

So saying its a beta product - is wrong in my opinion.

That's a fair perspective. Officially the PMDG 737 for MSFS will be in "Early Adopter" for 6 weeks after the release of the 739, but that's certainly not mentioned on the product page, and honestly it should be. Not sure why Robert chose to omit that from buyers who don't browse the forums.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There, we agree. Of course im aware of Randazzos statements.

But say my old dad buys the plane over the PMDG website and thinks its a final product....hmmm no, not fair for him.

Regards, Jan Ast

16 hours ago, G550flyer said:

Until we have storms that force you to go around them, I don't miss WX RADARs. Once storms actually cause a threat with severe gusts, shearing, turbulence, up/down drafts, structural damage and microbursts, you will need that RADAR to sneak around and avoid them.

You understand the XBOX/Gamer crowd can't deal with the gust that was just implemented in SU10 let alone what your talking about here.  I agree to a certain extent but we need some semblance of a radar until we get to what your talking about.  And (hopefully) once we do the loud Gamer/XBOX voices don't shout it down enough to where we loose theses advantages in the sim we just gained to bring us closer to simulating the real world.😶

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

16 hours ago, David Mills said:

No one has mentioned the big improvements to the PMDG 737 instrument readings while in external view. Previously, the thrust readings and the flap settings were either completely missing or were simply incorrect. The entire instrument package (in external view) looked like steam gauges. Now, however, the external instrument readings look and work great, mirroring the look of the Citation's external instrument readouts.

Are your talking about the HUD overlay in external view?😳  I'd have to go out on a limb with 'Hobart's' comment where most in this forum could care less about flying a realistically modeled PMDG aircraft from external view exclusively (surprised PMDG even bothered with this🥴).  The day I see a pilot floating in the back of a 737 somewhere around the vertical stabilizer at 30,000ft will I care about the external HUD overlay on PMDG aircraft. 😶 

• Like 1

FS2020 

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly the Fenix every day, never had that problem. 

Well, the last update with the overbearing internal soundset is a step back.🥴  I reverted back to the previous version because this this.  PMDG by contrast in every way small or large has moved their product forward with each update.  This comes with experience in knowing how to cancel out the loud uninformed complainers of your product and holding true to what your trying to simulate.  Many Fenix customers feel you should hear the engines in the cockpit like your sitting in the cabin or outside the aircraft.  Fenix in their newness to development and not understanding the nievness of the simulator crowd especially the new XBOX crowd, folded and did away with a perfectly acceptable sound set in favor of an unrealistic noisy cockpit set that sounds louder in the cockpit than it does if your move back through the cabin. Not sure if this will ever get fixed but again PMDG graduated from that kind of capitulation along time ago around the era of Level-D's 767 (the birth of the realistic sound set for an airliner), Eric Ernst, and the first rendition of their 737 for FS9.  Today if anyone dares to mention the sound set is too soft, "I can't hear the engines in the cockpit' the thread gets locked I believe...👍😎

• Like 4

FS2020 

13 hours ago, hobart escin said:

Right on, David.   I personally like to climb outside of the cockpit windows (virtually of course) and fly from that position (I like feeling the 500mph wind blowing through what's left of my hair).   Before the latest update, it was impossible to fly IMC this way.   I mean, it's like PMDG read our minds!   

😳, I stand corrected from my post above.  48 posts in, what other games do you play?😶

FS2020 

44 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You understand the XBOX/Gamer crowd can't deal with the gust that was just implemented in SU10 let alone what your talking about here. 

I believe it's actually the xbox/gamer Crowd that believe that the gusts and turbulence as implemented in SU 10 is something to behold and even advocated against "dumbing it down" as if it could be...

40 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Not sure if this will ever get fixed but again PMDG graduated from that kind of capitulation along time ago around the era of Level-D's 767 (the birth of the realistic sound set for an airliner), Eric Ernst, and the first rendition of their 737 for FS9.  Today if anyone dares to mention the sound set is too soft, "I can't hear the engines in the cockpit' the thread gets locked I believe...👍😎

The late captain Ernst had nothing to do with any 737, nor with Level-D (it was 767 PIC released for FS2k if memory serves me right)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

I believe it's actually the xbox/gamer Crowd that believe that the gusts and turbulence as implemented in SU 10 is something to behold and even advocated against "dumbing it down" as if it could be...

What a ridiculous statement,  There have been many pilots in real life , who frequent this forum including myself that like the new weather with more realistic winds in SU10. Why do you just make up stuff that has zero basis in fact, 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310