Sign in to follow this  
RW1

PMDG 737 Update is out.

5 hours ago, hobart escin said:

I don't think the majority of us even really care about WX Radar or an integrated EFB.  

Wow, speak for yourself...😳  I'm not really using the 737's until the EFB is implemented and the WX Radar is icing on the cake.🍺

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Wow, speak for yourself...😳  I'm not really using the 737's until the EFB is implemented and the WX Radar is icing on the cake.🍺

I'm pretending there is working WX Radar by drawing little pictures of clouds on the fully animated visor in the cockpit.   I think I may have actually invented a Heads Up Display weather radar!  

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

Jeez, I can only guess how this SU galore of MSFS is a pain in the * for all devs. They all have my true pity...

we all know stuff doesnt get properly tested nowadays to be honest.  

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

Yikes between this and the Fenix not working in SU11 beta that’s all I need to hold off for a while.  Glad I saw this before joining the beta.

i was thinking the exact same thing.  not to mention i have this weekend off, (first in ages) and got the house to myself. 

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

No mention about weather radar.

What's going on?

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

6 hours ago, hobart escin said:

I don't think the majority of us even really care about WX Radar

Until we have storms that force you to go around them, I don't miss WX RADARs. Once storms actually cause a threat with severe gusts, shearing, turbulence, up/down drafts, structural damage and microbursts, you will need that RADAR to sneak around and avoid them.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

No one has mentioned the big improvements to the PMDG 737 instrument readings while in external view. Previously, the thrust readings and the flap settings were either completely missing or were simply incorrect. The entire instrument package (in external view) looked like steam gauges. Now, however, the external instrument readings look and work great, mirroring the look of the Citation's external instrument readouts.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

10 hours ago, hobart escin said:

The most important thing is that PMDG finally fixed the visor issue.   This is one of the few addon aircraft out there that have fully animated visor deployment sequences (the main reason I bought the 737).   I don't think the majority of us even really care about WX Radar or an integrated EFB.    Also, who really cares how it flies as long as the visor is doing it's thing, right?  

When more important things take longer you can still fix other stuff in the meantime you know.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

In terms of innovation and new features, PMDG seems to be on its way out. 

You see those next Gen visors? 😆

Have you read Robs post? its the platform that's holding him back from being creative while other developers put their heads down and keep plugging at it without the public outcry. Flame on from the apologist. But as Hobart said those visors work really well. I show myself out now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

When more important things take longer you can still fix other stuff in the meantime you know.

I agree - Lest we forget that the 737 is STILL in "early-release" (aka beta). There are a TON of things to be fixed, large and small, before it even gets back to the level of the Prepar3d version. There is still a lot of work to do beyond the EFB, ACARS, WX Radar, and Simbrief integration. As the saying goes: don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Just did my first flight with the new update and the aircraft froze completely on approach, though MSFS continued without issue. All displays were frozen, none of the buttons moved, and the aircraft surfaces didn't move anymore, even though I managed to still land. 

Fenix broke the A320 with their last update for me (ND freezes), so I went back to flying the 737. Hope this was an isolated issue, but has anyone else experienced this?

I fly the Fenix every day, never had that problem. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

No one has mentioned the big improvements to the PMDG 737 instrument readings while in external view. Previously, the thrust readings and the flap settings were either completely missing or were simply incorrect. The entire instrument package (in external view) looked like steam gauges. Now, however, the external instrument readings look and work great, mirroring the look of the Citation's external instrument readouts.

Right on, David.   I personally like to climb outside of the cockpit windows (virtually of course) and fly from that position (I like feeling the 500mph wind blowing through what's left of my hair).   Before the latest update, it was impossible to fly IMC this way.   I mean, it's like PMDG read our minds!   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, G550flyer said:

Until we have storms that force you to go around them, I don't miss WX RADARs. Once storms actually cause a threat with severe gusts, shearing, turbulence, up/down drafts, structural damage and microbursts, you will need that RADAR to sneak around and avoid them.

Not on the new MSFS beta myself, but based on initial reports on the official forums SU11 might be improving things in this area, see:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cfd-is-amazing/549365/38
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/guide-testing-the-new-airflow-visualization/549454

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 hours ago, Mike T said:

There are a TON of things to be fixed, large and small

Things that other companies seemed to have fixed quite a while ago. 

As I said, PMDG is no longer at the cutting edge of flight simulation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah I agree I was going to make another comment but I retracted.

Edited by jbdbow1970