Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Replay Mode Tutorial

32 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I just tried it and it worked fine, but I could only see the view I was seeing as I was flying.  I tried to switch to external view and it continued to show just what I did.

I would like to see the wheels touch down when I land.

Roy

Watch the video again, he shows how to do that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When he said "So let's feed her the fat " I knew he was a Kiwi.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Watch the video again, he shows how to do that. 

I stopped the recording, then played it back.  That's when I tried to changed to the external view.

I'll watch it again since I must have missed something.

Roy

14 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I stopped the recording, then played it back.  That's when I tried to changed to the external view.

I'll watch it again since I must have missed something.

Roy

Did you press the start button for camera track recording? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's a CTD magnet, was flying for 2 hours with no issues, turn on the replay and record...

Played the replay back at Newport, Oregon, CTD...

Haven't had a CTD in over a month until I turned this thing on.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

From the comments under the video, I understand this replay mode doesn't record the gear state, so anyone knows if it records the panel states, flaps etc...?

thanks for the find, makes things nice and easy!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

15 hours ago, Noooch said:

From the comments under the video, I understand this replay mode doesn't record the gear state, so anyone knows if it records the panel states, flaps etc...?

Try it and see what happens.

17 hours ago, Noooch said:

Thanks Bob it's easy to use and useful.

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Still not working in VR playback (it used to until SU something)

and still an invitation for CTD’s when changing views a bit too often or moving the timeslider too far too the left or right.

Glad to have something like SkyDolly instead. Free, much better and more stable

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

25 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

Still not working in VR playback (it used to until SU something)

and still an invitation for CTD’s when changing views a bit too often or moving the timeslider too far too the left or right.

Glad to have something like SkyDolly instead. Free, much better and more stable

Have had no issues at all with the default replay, other than you have to enable it for each flight. 

I find Flight Recorder to be very good, you can click on the fly when to record or record the entire flight.  Playback is simple and you can fast forward, go back, etc. to the point you want in the flight.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Have had no issues at all with the default replay, other than you have to enable it for each flight. 

It definitely CTD's sometimes, seems to happen in the replay. Not sure the cause, maybe combined with addons, no idea.
That said, it hasn't happened to me again, no CTD, but it is a pain having to enable it.
I think they know it CTD's, that is why it is in the "experimental" section.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

6 hours ago, MarkW said:

I find Flight Recorder to be very good, you can click on the fly when to record or record the entire flight.  Playback is simple and you can fast forward, go back, etc. to the point you want in the flight.

Can you change views during playback ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.