Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Liberal Arts Colleges.

1 hour ago, FBW737 said:

I was thinking Matthew the tax collector.😆

I think the Beatles had a song about that guy! As a CPA, I have to help our clients avoid that guy! 😂

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Matthew is waiiting...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

When I was about to leave the Air Force I gathered up all of my college course records, correspondence school certificates and service school diplomas and applied for an associate's degree in what figured was close to a liberal arts degree.

I was turned down because in everything I had taken over the years I never took a course in English Composition.

I told them I was a published writer so why did I need an English Composition degree?  I write the way I talk and tell stories and speak pretty proper English so what do I need to take English Composition for?

I was told the rules are the rules.  But they said I could test for it.

Well, I know how to write but I don't know hanging participle from an adverb and didn't think I could pass such a test.  Besides, it's more fun telling people I can't get an associate's degree because even though I'm a published writer (and photographer if that means anything) I never took English Composition than it is just saying I don't have degree in anything.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

Let's see if we can make it smaller!  Did you know this guy?  Dominic Pontrelli.  He was in charge of all 3M dealerships before coming to Lanier as my District Manager and then on to headquarters as the VP of Marketing.

This will be my last off topic post here! 😀

1630006917846.jpeg

He is absolutely familiar looking.  I worked out of Philadelphia and Cherry Hill, NJ.  My accounts as Special Account Salesperson were the following:

• General Motors
  • Philadelphia Gear
  • Campbell's Soup
  • Burlington Carpet
  • Sears Roebuck

They were great days and they certainly taught me quite a bit about sales and corporate thinking.

Stan

Ps.  My best friend, Joe, had only one account....Dupont in Delaware.  That's how intense our strategies were.

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I think the Beatles had a song about that guy! As a CPA, I have to help our clients avoid that guy! 😂

Cheers, Pete

I'd certainly avoid the Tax man but I wouldn't say the same for Matthew.😁

• Like 2

Received my computer science degree late in life and working for FedEx as field service tech on PowerShip computers out of San Jose, CA.  For my annual training FedEx flew me on a FedEx DC-10-30F to Memphis. Four seats in the cabin and two jump seats below.  Three crew members aboard.  Remember Wilson?!

Before that I was bless to work on F-105G/H, F-4C/D/E/F/G, B-52G/H, A-10, and F-16C/D models as an EGRESS Tech.  Flown the F-4, KC-135, and B-52 SINGER simulators.  Nothing like getting jerked around in a full motion simulator! 

A liberal arts degree will get you a commission in any of our military branches.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.