Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

Beta 9 released

26 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Under some circumstances and mixed with the new lighting I can even like it more than in MFS 🙂

Do these circumstances include the consumption of legal or illegal drugs?

• Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, rka said:

It's mushroom stuff, and it's therapeutic... 😜

It's also LOVE, and LOVE IS BLIND 😁

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

The clouds still look very basic IMO. As in really basic. Prepared to wait this one out. And it could be a long one. Sorry, the XP budget money ain't going anywhere.

I think they're doing pretty well compared to those who have a much bigger budget (same cloud height, thickness and coverage in both sims):

WMsNSG1.png

vwAdaqK.png

-

AIBDUjy.png

uA5Whbi.png

-

kq0xUFJ.png

9cn5EmU.png

-

anIbAza.png

nmg8zaW.png

-

YEOCJvc.png

ef0ZmgZ.png

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

30 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I think they're doing pretty well compared to those who have a much bigger budget

The good thing is they have you to compensate the budget issues, money and time wise 🙂 How is the addon purchase and troubleshooting going?

Edit: Oh, and are you below or above 30fps?

Edited by rka
  • Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

@Murmur, Thank you for the excellent screen comparisons !

Images are indeed worth a 1000 words 🙂

👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

This is pre-beta 9 , i find the terrain wind deflection drastic , the piper actually threw it's nose 90 degrees when i was passing a mountain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Just now, Humpty said:

This is pre-beta 9 , i find the terrain wind deflection drastic , the piper actually threw it's nose 90 degrees when i was passing a mountain.

That's because ya'ra lousy piloteee and think a Piper is a Chopper

Main Simulation Rig:

24 minutes ago, rka said:

The good thing is they have you to compensate the budget issues, money and time wise

I just made some quick screenshots. I think that XP clouds need to improve in several aspects, but I don't think they're too bad right now, also considering the early status.

Cirrus clouds are basically non-existent, a big bummer, but LR is aware of that and will work on it.

How is the addon purchase and troubleshooting going?

I very rarely use addons, I like the fact that default XP aircraft are already very good for my needs, and XP already allows more realistic flight operations with them than other sims.

Oh, and are you below or above 30fps?

Around 45 fps with broken clouds. Considering that I'm on a GTX 1660ti @2560x1440, I think it's not too bad. But probably they improved performance in recent betas, hopefully they'll keep improving:

f0Ia3Ea.png

n6Shxu7.png

• Like 2

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

That's because ya'ra lousy piloteee and think a Piper is a Chopper

pipa is a choppa it hovers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

9 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I think that XP clouds need to improve in several aspects,

9 minutes ago, Murmur said:

and XP already allows more realistic flight operations with them than other sims.

Until now I was convinced that clouds are very important for realistic flight operations (especially with Cessnas as in your breathtaking screenshots), but I was probably wrong there, as I gather from those two comments. But maybe you're doing IFR with the Cessna?

3 hours ago, rka said:

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

1 hour ago, rka said:

Until now I was convinced that clouds are very important for realistic flight operations (especially with Cessnas as in your breathtaking screenshots), but I was probably wrong there, as I gather from those two comments. But maybe you're doing IFR with the Cessna?

Narcotic guffawing aside, I did have a legit question before the other thread got locked down:

What leads you to suggest that the XP visuals (clouds, visibility, lighting, etc.) are not FAA certified out of the box?

• Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

1 hour ago, rka said:

How do you reach that conclusion? It’s not because something  needs improvement, that it is all bad. And it’s not because xp already has a good implementation of flight operations, that clouds and weather are suddenly not important.

I think only a few more of this kind of updates, and you can join Greazer on my ignore list.

please keep the discussion to the point and polite. Sarcasm is not needed or wanted. 
also I can recommend you to try MSFS and remove X-plane from your pc, if you don’t like it. No one forces you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

pipa is a choppa it hovers

Nahhh, In ya hands it crashes....

Actually, any fixed wing aircraft should crash in ya hands because since ya only know how to fly choppas, ya start adding full rudder so that it flips around like a choppa 😜

Only thing that prevents more crashes to happen is the intense convection in Indi-Land... Everything  levitates... 

Regarding Levitation! Dua Lipa - Levitating Featuring DaBaby (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Main Simulation Rig:

I can hover the 744.

just call up a 120kt headwind, fire up the engines and drop the flaps to 30.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer