Sign in to follow this  
nas123

Very long loading time now in MSFS

about 3 minutes with 100GB on the Community folder

Stelios Christofides

I experience the same loading time yesterday evening, but normal it takes about 3 min.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I have 200GB of add on's and that's not including PATC/SR, FSFO or FSLTL (None of these are started until the aircraft is loaded into the sim). It takes about 4/5 minutes for the sim to load into the start screen and about 2 minutes to load my flight.

ok, might be placebo then

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Around 7 minutes to the main menus. 

If your community folder looks like a Turducken, it's time for an addon diet. 

Edited by Ricardo41

13 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:
  1. AIG is not a cause, you don't have to start TC before you are at your point of departure in your cockpit, then once TC is started, click on the screen and go on with your tasks without waiting until AIG is fully loaded in the background.
  2. Anytime you update an airplane add-on (including FBW A320), you will have longer loading times on your first flight with that add-on
  3. Use Addon Linker, even though I have hundreds of add-ons, only those I need are loaded for any flight, usually departure and destination airports, Navigraph, FSUIPC, airplane, AIG, Global Ship AI Traffic, that's it 
  4. Do you use Google PG sceneries? If so, they are usually very heavy in size and will take longer loading times (especially if they are all in your Community folder!).

Your first step would be number 3, and you won't look back.

I think you wanted to reply to the OP, not to me, but anyway, sorry to say but AIG IS the cause of the load loading time for me.

1 - I don't use TC, I use the FSLTL injector.

2 - I don't use FBW A320 or PMDG, I just fly GA.

3 - I already use Addon Linker. 

4- I don't use PG.

When I have both AIG 42GB folder and FSLTL folder active in Addons Linker my loading time is around 12 minutes. When I disable the AIG 42GB folder my loading time is 3 to 4 minutes. It's pretty obvious the cause of the loading times is AIG. Of course having to load 42GB more must increase loading time. It's normal, why are you trying to deny that? 🙄

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

36 minutes ago, Alvega said:

When I have both AIG 42GB folder and FSLTL folder active in Addons Linker

Yes I was replying to the OP and was trying to recap the major causes of long loading times, but was concerned about what you considered as the culprit (that may also depend on your PC specifications).

I do not have a FSLTL airplane folder, only the full AIG up to date package that works perfectly with FSLTL injector (never had a blank livery). My loading time is slightly more than 4 minutes on average. I also use the AIG TC when I fly outside the real flying time (instead of the FSLTL injector).

To load my flight from the flight planner to the tarmac, I need less than two minutes, provided I don't use a plane that was just updated or a heavy PG scenery, in which case loading times will be much longer (never timed it).

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I use a spinney HDD takes 15-20 mins.  However this got significantly worse when I downloaded every single flight plan and aircraft object in AIG!  Its a sacrifice I'm happy to take because I use this for model matching on VATSIM.  I also have a ton of addons.

Thomas Derbyshire

Don't know if you fixed, but I had that one also. Until I discovered that the oculus program was needed to be opened to load fast, if you own a Oculus VR headset. And now is normal. 

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane