Sign in to follow this  
longhaul747

Nice De Havilland Beaver...but?

On 11/16/2022 at 1:39 AM, Alvega said:

Great video. It's a shame we almost can't hear the engine inside the cockpit in the MSFS Beaver. They should fix that.

I think they modelled the pilot to be wearing A20s

P.S. anyone else find trimming the beaver a little vague (I should perhaps rephrase that)

Edited by Sceadu

The Jonx Beaver mod mentioned in messages above was pulled  (404) from flightsim.to

But Got Friends has their Beaver and DC-3 combined mod which includes Jonx's flight mods, water spray, hide tablet etc. 

I think they just reorganized the Jonx mod , not eliminated it.

https://flightsim.to/file/43824/dhc-2-beaver-action-pack

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Landed on the snow and hit this thing 😲What the heck?

screenshot-2022-11-19.jpg

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Here is the location, if anyone wants to try, lol.

screenshot-2022-11-19-1.jpg

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Skagway to Glacier Point

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Earthquake in the sim yesterday, it will appear in tomorrows NOTAM’s.

There are a few of those little “fractures” in the sim. I hit one when landing on a lake somewhere in Canada the other day too. Fortunately did not flip over, water looked too cold for a swim!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Hehe, yeah. I think there is a one like that on RW26 at ESSA. Left me with one of the biggest offensive initials not allowed moments in all of my simming history. 🤣

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I am loving this bird !

Flying it with my home-made force-feedback-system ( BFFSimulation-based ), feeling the rumble of the engine in the controls increasing, when applying power: GREAT !

In this moment i have only one whish for the future of this:  More sound !  The sound recording is fine, but the level of the engine, compared to everything else, is way to low.  I want to get rid of those headphones !!

Just one week after release, seeing all those mods done within 7 days, i am quite optimistic  🙂

Best regards

SloMo

@ I remember the Milviz-Otter in P3D:  This will be the next one, to complete the radial-fleet  🙂

• Like 1

I really like the GotFriend's Expansion pack.  Been doing a lot of flying around the Pacific Northwest and its not boring me one bit.  

I eventually hope they take the Beaver all the way and come up with most configurations in time.  I am sure they have limits on what they can do but so far they have done some surprising mods.  

My wish list is fairly simple.  2 bladed prop with and without spinner option.  Wing tip tanks for additional range and the all exclusive and very rare belly tank.  A non amphibious float version.  Its not critical but the original round port window would be cool.  I think the duel larger windows in the back sort of ruins the classic look of the Beaver.

The Beaver as modeled in the sim is sort of an around town version of the plane.  The military (and a few civil) versions of the Beaver came with 33 (or was it 36?) gallon wing tip tanks.  The optional external belly tank held another 30++ gallons of fuel.  If everything was working correctly the Beaver could fly darn near 1100nm which is some serious endurance.  Of coarse the extra tanks did not always cooperate.  Especially the external belly tank.  It used bleed air to transfer fuel from the belly tank to the main tanks and it only worked about half the time.  For the wingtip tanks it would be a simple FDE edit that would work friendly with the existing FDE.  However the belly tank would require a physical mod.  Something like the spinner or ski's option they did.  You select it via the tablet and it would pop in visually or not.     

This is asking a lot but coming out with the turboprop variants would be super cool.  Some were just the same frame with a turboprop mounted on the front and this might be possible but some of the turboprop mods they actually extended the air frame a bit.  This version probably not possible.  I am looking forward to whatever they can do to it!