Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Who's going to Qatar for the football World Cup?

There's a wonderful video going about of Jonny Wilkinson (Rugby) teaching Harry Kane to take penalties. You'll get it in your inbox any time soon I'm sure. No I can't post it, my neighbour showed it to me on his phone.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

There's a wonderful video going about of Jonny Wilkinson (Rugby) teaching Harry Kane to take penalties.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, Ron Attwood said:

There's a wonderful video going about of Jonny Wilkinson (Rugby) teaching Harry Kane to take penalties.

🤣🤣

It reminds me of a video a Colombian bank made back in 2010, for the World Cup in South Africa. If you understand Spanish, you will love it:

Edit: if you don't, there's a quick translation:

+Correspondent, what news do you have for us?

-Yes, Ricardo and Jorge, I'm in a training session of the South Africa (football) team, and I have to say it: it's a shame! It's unbelievable! Fouls everywhere, ball handling left and right, free kicks to the clouds... Ricardo and Jorge, football is dead!

Is it there a way to embed this video a little bit smaller?

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 12/10/2022 at 7:13 PM, Fielder said:

Sorry Argentina: eeeeh uuu rohhhh' paaa !!

Oh wait, they haven't played the game yet...

Well, Argentina is now on finals, after a clean match against Croatia (Yeahhh!!!). Nothing to do with the battle brawl match against the Dutch. Now I'm looking forward to today's France vs Morocco.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

There is a football competition being played at the moment? I have this funny feeling that I should know about it, but I sense that my brain is trying to protect me from some traumatic experience that I must have suffered recently.....

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Now I'm looking forward to today's France vs Morocco.

I have a strange feeling of being drawn to supporting Morocco. Can't put my finger on why. Odd, that. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

I see your point, Ron. The Moroccans were the heroes this World Cup, no matter their result tonight. Hats off to them!👏👏👏

Obviously, I'll cheer for them on Saturday... and you may guess who I'll cheer on Sunday 🙃

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

In other words the final game is an exact tossup. There is no favorite. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Morocco; wow!  They thoroughly deserved to be in the semi’s.

Very attack-minded and never gave up. I think they had more possession overall.

Sunday’s final should be fantastic…hopefully. 
Certainly too close to call a winner.

blimey I wished I would have known about this thread 3 weeks ago 😩

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Kane's penalty has been picked up by the Hubble telescope , its just entered mars orbit apparently !, lol i am gutted by the way 🙄

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I was struck by the sportsmanship shown by both sides at the end of the game.

EDIT: France v Morocco that is.

Edited by Ron Attwood

I was thinking.... The best/favourite part of football match (judging by what's being replayed after every match) is/are:

-shots on goal

-free kicks 

-penalties 

-fauls 

Now, I've got an idea how to make every match saturated with these above:

Fouls on your own teammate should be sanctioned!!!

Imagine what would that mean: after the beginning of a game, both teams would run in front of the opponent's goal and start kicking each other. Now, that alone would justify changing this rule. So many hidden secrets would show: who hates who, who's pretending, who's cheating on who...

Than, there would be fauls sanctioned with free kicks/ penalties, goals.....

There would be no nonsense running up and down. Just running after someone!!

Who'd be running after Ronaldo? Or Ibrahimović? Or Messi? Many of their teammates I'd say!

I think that would be tremendously entertaining. That would bring out the best of the game!!!! If only ...