Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Crikey, What's Happened After SU11

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You claim to have an RTX 3070. How is this - by any stretch of the imagination - "mediocre hardware"?

Yeah, until the day these placebo and voodoo fixes fubar your Windows installation - cue the next round of posts: how do I fix my busted registry?

99.99% of all so-called performance tips are voodoo or word not allowed, "sold" to you by snake oil salesmen trying to peddle some product.

Since the beginning of flight simulation there has only been one sure-fire way to improve performance, which ist  to turn down your graphics settings.

Dear Ricardo41: Perhaps it might be that someone is posting nonsense on Avsim using your avatar name. You really ought to look into this because he is making you look bad.

Him: "You claim to have an RTX 3070."

Me: I claim to have that card because I do have that card. 

---------------

Him: "How is this - by any stretch of the imagination - "mediocre hardware"?"

Me: Because, obviously, it cost less than 1/4 of what the best cards cost, much less than the median price for a generation 2000, 3000, 4000 card. But he, whoever he is, knew that. 

----------------

Him: "99.99% of all so-called performance tips are voodoo or word not allowed, "sold" to you by snake oil salesmen trying to peddle some product."

Me: 99.99% is one out of ten thousand. Most of the Youtubers that many of know and respect do sometimes give us performance tips. I appreciate their kind help. But he is saying that except for extremely rare instances, they are almost every one of them selling stuff. I would guess that very few  sober or sane persons believe this to be true. 

----------

Him: "Since the beginning of flight simulation there has only been one sure-fire way to improve performance, which ist  to turn down your graphics settings."

Me: So there's not four, not three, not two. No, by the Deity, there's only one. LOL!!!

-------------------

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Well OK Ricardo's post is a little heavy on the Hyperbole  but I think his general point stands.

A lot of tweaks are just rearranging the deckchairs and many are made without full understanding of what they do.

HEEEEY! I've got it sorted... after installing a Macrium Reflect backup from three weeks ago, my performance has changed. It is now back to where it should be. Previously, performance around NZQN while taxxing was round about 22fps, I am now seeing about 45fps!!! which is what is about right for me. The return to correct performance is evident across all scenarios. I'm unsure what has changed over the past three weeks. SU11 of course, but I had to update that anyway following the installation of the backup, so that seems OK. There was a small PMDG patch, but that too I have installed. There was a Windows update, so I will install that tomorrow after I have created a Macrium reflect backup of the system as it is now. It will be interesting to see if that was the culprit. Fingers crossed that things will be OK.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support, it's very much appreciated and reminds me of what a great community we have here on Avsim. :wink:

• Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have been seeing these fps drops, my solution is to use allacrity to kill all services and close trend anti virus,my frames go from 35 to 60 in the pmdg in line with pre su11

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

Him: "You claim to have an RTX 3070."

Him: "How is this - by any stretch of the imagination - "mediocre hardware"?"

Me: Because, obviously, it cost less than 1/4 of what the best cards cost, much less than the median price for a generation 2000, 3000, 4000 card. But he, whoever he is, knew that.

Just because it costs less, this makes the card "mediocre"?😄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Just because it costs less, this makes the card "mediocre"?😄

Curses, I'm foiled again . Yeah, you're right.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.