Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Crikey, What's Happened After SU11

3 hours ago, rjquick said:

I noticed this as well with the 737-700. I'm not a frame-rate peeper so I don't what the numbers were, but definitely more stuttering after the update. I normally don't notice any of that unless taxiing around LAX and even that isn't too bad.

Here's pre-SU11, in the PMDG 738 on a long descent into KSNA in Los Angeles area.   Absolute Nirvana smooth no stutters:spacer.png

Here's post-SU11 in the PMDG 738 on a long descent into KDEN, eastern approach into RWY26, and this was AFTER uninstalling AccuSeason.  Intermittent stuttering, frametime much less fluid:spacer.png

Post SU11 with AccuSeason installed, PMDG 738:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Has rolling cache been enabled? That happened to me in the beta and it tanked frames.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

After installing I had terrible stuttering and low fps with the gliders (every were I tried)   I dont know if there is any correlation but I wiped my cash and after that i ran fine and seems even slighly smoother

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Has rolling cache been enabled? That happened to me in the beta and it tanked frames.

I deleted then rebuilt the RC to no avail.  This however, OFFLINE mode which I committed to stay in when I got the OFFLINE message about 45 minutes ago so began a capture from gate to 21 minutes into KBZN KDEN in the PMDG 738:

Apparently it's all about Online mode, and hopefully "server issues".  This is what perfection looks like to CapFrameX, and to my eyes as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will go back on line as I get near descent into KDEN and remove the rolling cache and leave it off...standby....

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Noel said:

I deleted then rebuilt the RC to no avail.  This however, OFFLINE mode which I committed to stay in when I got the OFFLINE message about 45 minutes ago so began a capture from gate to 21 minutes into KBZN KDEN in the PMDG 738:

Apparently it's all about Online mode, and hopefully "server issues".  This is what perfection looks like to CapFrameX, and to my eyes as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will go back on line as I get near descent into KDEN and remove the rolling cache and leave it off...standby....

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

Just finished my fourth flight after SU11.  Same aircraft, same settings.  This fourth flight was a stuttery mess.  Got a couple of server alerts early in the flight.  No clue.  The first three flights were totally normal.  I suspect server issues.

Thank you!  Great work!  Attractive graphs by the way.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Attractive graphs by the way.

https://www.capframex.com/

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

It's getting better now in online mode thankfully.  Starting to see frametimes very close to pre-SU11.  I did disable the rolling cache but I think that is a red herring because I've always run the rolling cache and had sterling performance prior to this recent SU.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's getting better now in online mode thankfully.  Starting to see frametimes very close to pre-SU11.  I did disable the rolling cache but I think that is a red herring because I've always run the rolling cache and had sterling performance prior to this recent SU.

The server load is probably nothing now compared to this past weekend. MSFS probably runs great during the week. It’s on the weekends when everyone is on that it goes downhill.

Eric 

This afternoon I started a flight in the PMDG 737-800 from Pamplona in N Spain, a very small airport, and I never saw framerates above 23/24 with stuttering while taxiing! In fact, even in the air, frames were only 25/28 until I got many miles into the flight. :angry:

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

26 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

This afternoon I started a flight in the PMDG 737-800 from Pamplona in N Spain, a very small airport, and I never saw framerates above 23/24 with stuttering while taxiing! In fact, even in the air, frames were only 25/28 until I got many miles into the flight. :angry:

If you didn't already do yourself a favor and go into DATA and turn off ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY, this way you can isolate server side as a source of poor performance.

• Like 1

Noel

18 hours ago, Noel said:

If you didn't already do yourself a favor and go into DATA and turn off ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY, this way you can isolate server side as a source of poor performance.

Thanks Noel, sure, have done this. No difference.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Thanks Noel, sure, have done this. No difference.

Good luck Howard I hope you can get it straightened out soon it gets  old troubleshooting I know I've been at it for a good month off and on and fortunately it's been worth it finally. 

Noel

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Good luck Howard I hope you can get it straightened out soon it gets  old troubleshooting I know I've been at it for a good month off and on and fortunately it's been worth it finally. 

Hi Noel, I'm just doing some testing at this very moment. I may have got to the bottom of things Will confirm shortly. EDIT: Hmm, I thought I had found something, but alas, nothing has really changed.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

This sounds very similar to the WASM compiler issue affecting the A310... MFS has sometimes used fast compile to build the gauges on first launch of the sim after an update, resulting in poor performance for some users.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

19 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

This sounds very similar to the WASM compiler issue affecting the A310... MFS has sometimes used fast compile to build the gauges on first launch of the sim after an update, resulting in poor performance for some users.

I am quite anxious about it all now. I spent most of yesterday testing and all this afternoon. I thought perhaps the terrain LOD had somehow changed after SU11 so I dropped it to 120m from 200. Changed most of settings to either medium or high. The bog standard test scenario is from my local airport EGGD (Bristol) where I have never seen fps drop below 30 in P3D or MSFS anywhere on the airport, even with some setting on ultra. Today it would bounce around 22 with stutters while taxxing and 27/28 at the end of the runway. I'm at a loss now and very miffed!  The thing that makes me so angry is the absurdity of having mandatory updates. I would have been quite happy with my sim several versions back. This having to update at the whim of Asobo and then always, I mean always, having issues is ridiculous. It reminds me of the FSX days.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard