Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

WT's impressive updates to Citation & CJ4 coming in Jan'23

Thank you WT, much appreciated..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Tidbits from WT discord:

haydenrobertsonYesterday at 14:37

Encrypted FM tho I think?

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 14:37

Not anymore, but you won't need a mod 🙂

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 14:38

I did forget that on the slides, but we've done a new FM <re: Citation Longitude>

jct32Yesterday at 15:41

Didn’t know the TBM was getting upgrades. Good to hear!

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 15:43

Yep, a few things, not an overhaul, but a few things to integrate it with the G3000, plus electrical and doors. We know everyone loves the doors 🙂

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 15:45

Thanks! It's a whole team effort, and all the guys here have done just an insanely good job

Rob (kaosfere) [Z-6]Yesterday at 16:16

Just a few things on the TBM itself, it's not getting the heavy makeover the Longitude it. But it's getting the fully rebuilt G3000

Bernardo RYesterday at 16:20

WT Team, what are your thoughts regarding MSFS versions and upgrades? When I was deciding which version to buy, the state of the default C700 and G3000/5000 was a driving factor for me to buy the standard version. Now that you are picking it up, it brings back my interest in it, however, at 100€ the upgrade it seems a bit too excessive

Rob (kaosfere) [Z-6]Yesterday at 16:31

We like it when you give Microsoft money, because it helps them give us money. That's our thoughts on it. 😆 The rest is a value decision we can't really make for you.

FlightSimSimonYesterday at 16:55

QQ does any of todays news fix the faulty flight planner on the Honda jet?

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 16:56

Can't speak for Marwan, but the new G3000 will not have those issues. However, it does require developer work to integrate it

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-6]Yesterday at 17:08

<on MSFS deluxe vs premium vs regular editions>
I still think the value works out now, given what you will get, but I also get not wanting to pay for the sim twice
But that depends on what folks fly and what not
Yeah, if you're not interested in the Longitude, then the value question is basically what one would pay for a 172 with a totally new GNS, if you were getting it from a third party
That might not be 100 euro

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Ah! @abrams_tank I'm so dumb I didn't even realize the sense this makes from a marketing perspective. Beefing up the premium planes will make the premium version of the sim more enticing for new buyers lol. If I were MS, I'd have a short sale on the premium package/upgrade right when the improvements are introduced.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

If i remember correctly (but don’t quote me on this 😉), there were talks in a previous Dev Q&A with Matt (WT) about upgrading the 787, also as part of upgrading the premium package. That’s what i’m expecting as one of the planned surprises 😉.
We’ll see..and looking forward to the updates coming Dec/Jan.

Regards,
Andre

• Like 1

Yes agreed, I too am thinking/hoping that one of the surprises will be improvements to the default 787.. if not one of the planned surprises maybe at least as part of the 2nd or 3rd AAU updates coming in 2023.

If Matt can divulge (which I'm sure he can't lol), I'm also very interested to hear what the ex-IL2 lead engineer now at Asobo (Andrey Solomykin) will be working on 🙂

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

Ah! @abrams_tank I'm so dumb I didn't even realize the sense this makes from a marketing perspective. Beefing up the premium planes will make the premium version of the sim more enticing for new buyers lol. If I were MS, I'd have a short sale on the premium package/upgrade right when the improvements are introduced.

It would take for them to beef up the 787 to a respectable standard before I consider upgrading to the Premium version. We probably will never get the QW 787.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

This is so good news that it might well bring me to the bizjet types after all this years playing flightsims.

I was never that interested in the type since he Learjet in MS FS 2, but having the chance to fly, for free!  a WT Enhancement is going to make it really worth the try!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

As others have said, Petrovich (ex- 1C/777) having joined ASOBO and MFS2020 might also bring some good surprises.

With his expertise in modelling WW1 and WW2 aircraft I dream os an "Aircraft Museum" series where we could simulate a RW WW1 and WW2 airfield / museum from where such war machines coud be operated, with as much detail flight and systems wise as possible, preferably leaving out the use of guns & other types of armament...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Are wingviews included in the model updates? 

Thanks!

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.