Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Your graphic device has enc. a problem... Bug or Fixable?

So I have read post that say the error the CTD issue "your graphic device has encountered a problem ..." is a bug and has nothing to do with your graphics card and others which say adjustments to your graphics settings will cure....which is it?

Thanks.

Dave 

7 minutes ago, lehbird said:

and others which say adjustments to your graphics settings will cure....which is it?

yet others say: reboot pc. that did it for me. and remove any other programs via task manager.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Just now, turbomax said:

yet others say: reboot pc. that did it for me. and remove any other programs via task manager.

Thanks, did that as well, but no change in result.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

This error came up in my sim for the first time today. There are a few posts in the official forums from which I draw the conclusion that it is a bug introduced in SU10. Nothing to do really with your card or driver. 

For me, it came up like a clockwork after a short while approaching and flying around two landmarks buildings on the Lake Como in Italy. Flying the Guimbal Cabri. It looks like a memory leak building up around them.

I have flown before and after in Sardinia, Greece and central Asia without any problem.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Ok so the consensus is that there is no consensus.  I first got this after loading SU11 for the first time thought that installing the latest nvidia driver had fixed it but it is back!!  Grrr!!

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I had this frequently starting at some point during the SU10 beta. I think it was the 2nd update. I couldn't make it go away for a couple of weeks no matter what I did to my settings.

Then, just as quickly as they started, they went away. I haven't seen one in several weeks. No changes on my part.

I'd say just play through it, Bruce. Something will eventually make them go away for you, too.

I think it is a "catch all" error message that hides the actual cause behind a poorly worded, generic message.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

4 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I had this frequently starting at some point during the SU10 beta. I think it was the 2nd update. I couldn't make it go away for a couple of weeks no matter what I did to my settings.

Then, just as quickly as they started, they went away. I haven't seen one in several weeks. No changes on my part.

I'd say just play through it, Bruce. Something will eventually make them go away for you, too.

I think it is a "catch all" error message that hides the actual cause behind a poorly worded, generic message.

That is my exact same experience as well - but nothing lately.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Got one today, leaving Naxos airport in the Cabri. Restarted then flew the nearby island of Paros without any problem.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I think I read that it is the result of some built in internal troubleshooting program that was a little too aggressive.  I had it happen once during SU10 and, after a reboot, never again.

Edited by Old_As_Dirt
Specify SU10

John Wingold

Just as a follow up, I started this post on Sunday morning because I was getting the error REPEATEDLY and virtually could not fly at all. I refused to change / adjust anything sticking to the theory it is a bug. I stopped getting the error Sunday night and haven't received it since. 

And I got this message 5 mins ago.. 😞

Now starting up again after having rebooted.

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

I have the same error since the last update but could reproduce it as followed. Whenever I want to call the external Little Nav Map via ingame Menu (https://flightsim.to/file/43086/little-navmap-vr-panel) MSFS crashes with the error. So far and without the addon i have no crashes. With SU9 the addon worked fine too so i have no clue and disabled it.

Edited by CharlieDont5urf

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

I had that happened twice in the last couple of months. Did nothing, just a blip I believe. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310