Sign in to follow this  
JSmith2112

Sim update version 1.29.30.0 BETA ONLY

16 hours ago, David Mills said:

I own what most of you would consider an antiquated system. Yet I can't remember the last time I had a CTD.

Same here. I have an even older system, and I've had one CTD - the one that everyone had when the in-game VFR map was bugging out.

It also seems that it's mostly the guys with high end pcs who seem to have most of the problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Same here. I have an even older system, and I've had one CTD - the one that everyone had when the in-game VFR map was bugging out.

It also seems that it's mostly the guys with high end pcs who seem to have most of the problems.

Well why would that be?  More likely to go for overclocks perhaps?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well why would that be?  More likely to go for overclocks perhaps?

I have no problems - and I overclock ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 11/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, David Mills said:

Truer words were never spoken. As the old saying goes, "If all else fails, read the instructions." We hear complaints from simmers who strongly imply they are using the default sim with no incompatible, yet-to-be-updated, 3rd-party add-ons in their community folder. Then -- about fifty posts into the thread -- the OP lets it slip that his community folder is actually larded down with heaven-knows-what, but he is still angry and incredulous that everything doesn't work together perfectly. If only He were in charge of things, these problems would never happen. I own what most of you would consider an antiquated system. Yet I can't remember the last time I had a CTD. I get excellent performance and the sim is very stable. The main reason for my good "luck" is that I have only one item in my community folder: a replacement for the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center.

The problem is my sim was stable and solid on all fronts until SU11.  I agree must be some incompatible add-on somewhere.  I wish I knew what it was... This reminds me of the big '11' sign at Nassau that no one knows what's causing it.😶😕

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A bit off topic - but when do you think this "hotfix" will be released? Its been nearly two weeks now since SU11 was released and I am dying to fly the A310 but cannot currently due to the performance issues.

25 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

A bit off topic - but when do you think this "hotfix" will be released? Its been nearly two weeks now since SU11 was released and I am dying to fly the A310 but cannot currently due to the performance issues.

Update a few minutes ago:

A few of you have asked if they can get an updated product, without opting into the beta - sadly this is not possible.

Doesn’t however say anything about when they expect the hotfix to go live. Why not join the beta?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Why not join the beta?

I joined the beta for SU10 because of the performance degradation fix. Since SU10 released I left the beta program and will never go back, the reason being is because in new beta builds some aircraft may not work amongst other software as well as the fact that if you leave the beta program you lose everything in your community folder. Not for me.

10 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

as well as the fact that if you leave the beta program you lose everything in your community folder.

totally wrong. you can:

1) save/rename your community folder before entering/leaving any beta thus hiding it from MSFS so that MSFS doesn't touch it.

2) should use MSFS addons linker anyway, which avoids any such problems in the first place. I have been in all betas since before release of MSFS in January 2020, never lost anything in the Community folder.

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.